Photos of Pennslyvania Lake Monster?

Photos of Pennslyvania Lake Monster?

There are 23 comments on the Cryptomundo story from May 19, 2006, titled Photos of Pennslyvania Lake Monster?. In it, Cryptomundo reports that:

The first known photograph of Raystown Ray. Photographed by a local fisherman looking over the lake from the Huntingdon Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cryptomundo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ashley

Beaver Springs, PA

#1 May 25, 2006
Well I just think it was a little ironic that this article was printed in the last page of April firsts paper, no one even believes it, im sure that if there was such a thing that it would have been on the front page, not the last one!
Rayne

London, Canada

#2 May 25, 2006
Ashley wrote:
Well I just think it was a little ironic that this article was printed in the last page of April firsts paper, no one even believes it, im sure that if there was such a thing that it would have been on the front page, not the last one!
It reminds me of a case many years ago where a man had taken pictures of a similar looking creature and everyone believed that the creature existed. The man had a young son and when the son got older, he fessed up that his daddy had manipulated the photos by using a toy of some sort and really went in close to capture the image. This made the "monster" appear to be huge!

One thing I will say though, if this turns out to be true (and I don't believe it is) it looks like a herbivore. LOL
Dwight Schrute

Newcastle, Australia

#3 May 29, 2006
Ok, first of all, cryptozoology is total crap. Secondly, Raystown is a river that was dammed. It's not even like a lake left over from an ocean. The idea of anything like "Raystown Ray" living there is even more ridiculous than the concept of Raystown Ray. Bigfoot's not real, Loch Ness monster isn't real, yetis aren't real, and Raystown Ray isn't real, quit looking.
Duane

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2006
This is the most retarted sighting that I have ever heard of. where did the monster come from the river, I dont think so. I would like to see who took the picture and punch him in the mouth.
Richard Keckler

AOL

#5 Jul 31, 2006
Only a fool is closed minded.Any thing is possiable.Anyone so negitive should go simming there.Maybe then we would find out if it likes meat.
Raystown swimmer

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Aug 6, 2006
I have lived near Raystown my whole life. I have went swimming, boating and camping there. There is NOT a monster in the lake!! This lake was man made. I know families that lost their farms and land so they could make this lake. I don't see how a monster of that size would have survived in the small river that was there without anyone seeing him. This is all tourism crap...nothing more!!
Interested But Doubtful

Baltimore, MD

#7 Jul 6, 2007
i don't know, how do we know it wasn't just some random log floating around? but then again it could be real. but i won't fully believe it until i see pictures, videos, of EVERYTHING. there's gotta be proof.

“Heather”

Since: May 07

Southern Huntingdon, Pa

#8 Jul 9, 2007
does anyone know if the daily news has a web page...i've tried searching for it but haven't found anything yet i grew up there and would like to be able to read about what is going on because i still have family there
Former Resident

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 12, 2007
Complex wrote:
does anyone know if the daily news has a web page...i've tried searching for it but haven't found anything yet i grew up there and would like to be able to read about what is going on because i still have family there
I haven't found one....I've also asked relatives about it and they say there isn't a website. But they heard they are working on getting one.
someone

Middletown, PA

#10 Apr 28, 2008
you all are stupid
jill

Middletown, PA

#11 Apr 28, 2008
why are you even having conversations about this crap, grow up
ron

Middletown, PA

#12 Apr 28, 2008
I think all this is bull...the "monster" doesn't exist. Someone made those pictures up. You can't believe anything you see on the internet these days!
Ray

Norristown, PA

#13 Jun 24, 2008
Hi its me Ray, you know from lake rayestown. I wanted everyone to know that I am real. Its really early in the morning and I broke into the office at seven points to use the computer. I also want to clarify that there are more than one of me.
beerbitch17052

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Jun 27, 2008
who is worse, the 1s who start this crap or the 1s who discuss it and keep the notion alive? lmao
Stuck In Iraq

Satellite Provider

#15 Jul 6, 2008
Okay everyone, I've lived in Huntingdon for many years before finally getting out, and many of you know that it's a "small town, small talk" situation. If people want to believe there's a monster in Raystown Lake, then let them- who know's it could be one of those carp out there around the Marina, i've seen some pretty large ones out there. Anyways, for those of you who don't believe it's possible- go run your own little investigation, i know with past experiances i wont be out swimming where i shouldn't be. Happy Hunting!
MUResident2

Altoona, PA

#16 Jul 24, 2008
It was an April fool's joke!! Nothing more.
kortney

Greenford, OH

#17 Jul 28, 2008
i believe in everthing even aliens because i might be one
Leeched

United States

#18 Jul 17, 2009
I heard Ray likes poodle meat !
Dino

Cape Town, South Africa

#19 Apr 2, 2010
i do think even if sea or lake monsters are bull they are intriguing it is impressive that people can come up with these things
Ray

West Chester, PA

#20 Apr 20, 2010
believe!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1985 - 1986 fire????? help (Apr '06) Jun '17 Fjb 7
News Longtime Mount Union Pastor Facing Sex Abuse Ch... (Jan '13) Mar '17 THATFREAKiNRiCAN 7
Randy Casner from Alexandria (Jul '13) Jan '17 Curious 2
Looking for old family photos (Apr '13) Jan '17 BrianneSeitz 3
News Juniata River Search Continues (Jan '12) Sep '16 Fresh 2
News United in grief (Aug '16) Aug '16 tell it like it is 4
News Abducted person case becomes double homicide (Jun '06) May '16 Brian 18

Huntingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntingdon Mortgages