Troopers' lawsuits settled for $675,000

Troopers' lawsuits settled for $675,000

There are 11 comments on the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review story from May 10, 2011, titled Troopers' lawsuits settled for $675,000. In it, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that:

Pennsylvania State Police have paid $675,000 to settle lawsuits filed by two retired troopers stemming from an investigation of a prominent Fayette County businessman on a child molestation complaint.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Cant Touch Them

Irwin, PA

#1 May 13, 2011
Does anyone care that the Pennsylvania State Police essentially paid an employee to drop an investigaiton against other higher ranking employees? I mean I'm glad that Shaw got money for all the grief they put him through but why didn't the State Police follow through on punishing those who did it to him? Why would part of the settlement have to be that he drops the investigation? Something is not right with high ranking officials in the State Police. I guess they can get away with pretty much anything?!?

“Studly and Santaesque”

Since: Jan 09

Lancaster, PA

#2 May 13, 2011
Cant Touch Them wrote:
Does anyone care that the Pennsylvania State Police essentially paid an employee to drop an investigation against other higher ranking employees?
That's not nearly as important as the investigation into the baby-raper.

When that kid reaches the age of majority, he's going to sue both his attacker and the state police for conspiracy to assault him. The $675,000 is a drop in the bucket; he ought to get five times that much (and more, in order to adjust for inflation.)

What's more, the baby-raper is going to keep on keepin' on, and the NEXT kid he rapes is REALLY going to collect from the state police.
A Nanny Mouse

Somerset, NJ

#3 May 14, 2011
Framing a good cop, taking bribes to let a child molestor off the hook. They should be shot for treason!
Cant Touch Them

Irwin, PA

#4 May 14, 2011
A Nanny Mouse wrote:
Framing a good cop, taking bribes to let a child molestor off the hook. They should be shot for treason!
Yeah, I agree, I mean why would anyone want to work with these guys? Who knows what they have done to others and they just continue to get away with it.
A Nanny Mouse

Somerset, NJ

#5 May 14, 2011
Remember the movie Serpico? A true story and it still happens all the time.
Snoopy

Mansfield, PA

#6 May 15, 2011
Why haven't the guilty officers been prosecuted? Why aren'tthey the ones paying out the money? When is the state police going to stop protecting their own officers? I'm sure if you look at the names involved one may see a pattern of this and see that this isn;t the first lawsuit which cost the taxpayers.
A Nanny Mouse

Somerset, NJ

#7 May 15, 2011
If they did we could say there are evil people in all walks of life.
Because they didn't we are left to assume that the entire sytem is corrupt.
tjl

Akron, OH

#8 May 16, 2011
The freakin cops are above the law, even the local yocals... give them and a badge and a gun and look out..and u will never win against them because the brotherhood of misfits and payroll parasites will stick together..
Cant Touch Them

Irwin, PA

#9 May 16, 2011
tjl wrote:
The freakin cops are above the law, even the local yocals... give them and a badge and a gun and look out..and u will never win against them because the brotherhood of misfits and payroll parasites will stick together..
I don't agree with that. What I see for the most part is a hard working cops on the road that have to not only have to deal with risking their lives, but they have to put up with their supervisors who might think they are above the law. They can't do anything about it because every supervisor up the line will back the one and the cops are left to pay the consequences.
jdog72

Northern Cambria, PA

#10 Aug 5, 2011
You are all full of crap! Not one of you goons has any idea what the truth is and have no clue what goes on within the State Police! What a bunch of inbreds you are!
Cant Touch Them

Indiana, PA

#11 Sep 19, 2011
jdog72 wrote:
You are all full of crap! Not one of you goons has any idea what the truth is and have no clue what goes on within the State Police! What a bunch of inbreds you are!
If I have no idea then why don't you tell me? I know that supervisors back other supervisors and punish any out of line underling who questions their morals. It was in the paper in August that the PSTA voted to have the PA State Police looked into by the Attorney Generals Office for this continuing corruption by supervisors. I'm not talking low supervisors, I'm talking about officers who may take the side of a low supervisor and punish the trooper for doing nothing wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Abducted person case becomes double homicide (Jun '06) May 29 Brian 18
News Mount Union PA Snapshot of a Small Town (May '08) Apr '16 Jerry 67
News Thousands attend Erie's Wine on the Lake Apr '16 Sopper Kobinski 7
Bafia Builders (Sep '15) Sep '15 Anonymous 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Huntingdon, PA (Aug '10) Aug '15 sfl 71
News Elizabeth Judd to challenge David Arnold for Le... (Jan '13) May '15 anonamos 9
News Snow could hit area counties (Dec '14) Dec '14 yes 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntingdon Mortgages