Joe

United States

#1 Dec 29, 2009
This store was open all of 5 months. It had to be one of the most poorly run businesses I've ever seen. Nothing but a bunch of teens standing around talking, smoking and playing Call of Duty. Their game selection was poor for both new and old games, And their customer service was garbage. I'm convinced that most of the Play n Trade franchises are nothing but fronts. The only thing they have going for them is the vintage games, but most of their stores have lousy selections. Apparently, they must be succesful in some areas, but not here. Stick with Gametop, or better yet...Amazon.
gamer1

Algonquin, IL

#2 Dec 30, 2009
the play n trade in bloomingdale, il is terrible too. no selection, guys dont know what they are talking about. disc replay over by best buy beats gamestop and play n trade all over
Ben

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2009
I personally loved this store the people that worked there were very nice and helped me all the time, also they took trades that gamestop wouldnt and gave me more money for my games. yes they did have a problem getting some titles in because they are individually owned and dont have the corprate buying power of gamestop. O and as for the comment that joe made about teens standing around talking, smoking, and playing call of duty that sounds like a prejudice statement towards younger people who technically/statistically are the video game market. So interm maybe you want to blam our government for makeing poor choices and puting us in to resetion, cause if huge corperate giants like circut city can go out of bussiness then I understand how a local video games store could too.
Palooka

Carol Stream, IL

#4 Jan 18, 2010
Try the PnT in Crystal Lake. It rocks my face off.
Diego

Glendale Heights, IL

#5 Apr 22, 2010
The Play N Trade in Bloomingdale is shifty as all getout. I have seen them post reviews about their own store so they wouldn't look so bad. The rip off customers and laugh at them when they think no one notices. The owners also seem racist. They talk down to people that speak another language in their store. I took my grandmother with me to get a game for my cousin and they treated me like garbage because I spoke to her in Spanish even though I spoke to the employee in English.
Joe

United States

#6 Jan 30, 2011
I want to follow up to Bens comment about what i said regarding Play N Trade a long time ago. So, here goes: You are wrong, and how can a young person discriminate against his own age demographic? I'll also add the shitty Northlake location Play N Trade to the list. I've never seen more than two people go in this store at one time. Their selection is even worse than that terrible Huntersville one that went belly up in 5 months. And they have almost no new games either. I'll reiterate my comment from Dec. 2009: Alot of Play N Trades are fronts for shady activity. The Northlake location does like ZERO sales, so how can they even afford the rent? Think about it...
Anon Amos

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 22, 2011
You think it's bad shopping there, you should try working there. I saw the owner tell his crew they were worthless pieces of crap, threatening to take money from their checks if they didn't shape up because his family was starving. I will never shop there again because of the way the owner treats his staff, and more importantly his customer. I'd pluralize customer but how many do they see a day, 1-2... Maybe!!!
sem

Beecher, IL

#8 Aug 29, 2011
The playn'trade in bloomingdale needs to be shut down! They tried to scam me and say that my wii needed a major repair and all I needed to do was clean a little

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Green - former CSD Administrator (May '14) 20 hr Penny 12
News Jean E. Matthew Aug 18 Wanda Minkler 1
News Crime 15 mins ago 1:11 p.m.Four people charged ... Aug 17 Bonnie 2
Revival Aug 13 Pastor Anthony Pe... 1
Burn Boot Camp (Mar '14) Jul 31 Cola Gal 65
Pokemon Go Jul 31 Grow up 2
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Jul '16 Guest 12

Huntersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance