Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#35328 Feb 9, 2013
Like I said before, I dont run. You will soon discover that no matter where you go, there YOU are. I will just stay and try to get voters to recognize their error so it can be changed. I admit that is a difficult task given the rampant ignorance of Caldwell republikans.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
As it was once told to me on here, don't like the majority vote, you can always move.
There is nothing requiring you to live in Caldwell County. Not to mention, your president said the economy is turning around and you got nothing to worry about.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#35329 Feb 9, 2013
Well, I have seen people walk into the commissioner's meeting and ask for money. All the Broyhills, Kincaids,Beals have to do is ask and the commissioners fall all over themselves giving them money. Like the cash payout of over $2,000,000 from Caldwell taxpayers to Broyhill (Jeff Cook) and another $2,000,000 of taxpayer money from the State of NC to FBI (Broyhill). And what was the result? Broyhill actually CUT jobs. Like some years ago, I read on the left side of the front page of the Lenoir No News Topic about more millions of Caldwell taxpayer money being given to furniture manufacturers . On the right side of the same paper was an article where they threw a little 9 year old girl's lunch into the waste can because he was 10 cents short paying for her lunch at school. POS republikans!!
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
If we did not have people walking in to the county meeting and asking for money it would not have to go up. They are like children in a toy store ( I want! I want! I want!) and no one to say no. They do not care who pay’s. They do own property.
We need to do away with property tax and go to one tax for ALL. One tax for ALL.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35330 Feb 9, 2013
TSF wrote:
Like I said before, I dont run. You will soon discover that no matter where you go, there YOU are. I will just stay and try to get voters to recognize their error so it can be changed. I admit that is a difficult task given the rampant ignorance of Caldwell republikans.
<quoted text>
They did hear you. They disagreed with your opinion. Freedom of choice. The wife and I are exercising ours, while we still can.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#35331 Feb 9, 2013
They do not know what my opinion is or even have an opinion themselves. The munchkins just vote straight tickets because that is what they were told to do.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
They did hear you. They disagreed with your opinion. Freedom of choice. The wife and I are exercising ours, while we still can.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#35332 Feb 9, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you guys wanted financial responsibility and prudent government over everything else. Doesn't look as if it was a very wise or prudent decision in Caldwell County. Oh, but they are Republicans! Let's give them a pass. Typical.

Location hidden

#35333 Feb 9, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are all hoping that it will be sometime soon.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#35334 Feb 9, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like every old fart that allows his personal perception to rule his mind and refuses to look at actual facts.

Every older generation condemns the new generation. This is great example of how human perceptions are very flawed.
You evidently see history with rose colored glasses on. Every generation has people with poor reasoning abilities. But for some reason, you think your generation is better than the new.
I note republicans often have this perception problem. Likely due to poor abilities to use cognative reasoning.
No rose colored glasses. I believe it's our responsibility to leave the generation after us in a better social & financial position than we found it. This is not what's happening.

Location hidden

#35335 Feb 9, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
No rose colored glasses. I believe it's our responsibility to leave the generation after us in a better social & financial position than we found it. This is not what's happening.
LOL That is such a joke from the generation of segregation and rampant Civil Rights abuses.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#35336 Feb 9, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Their is as much evidence to show the flying spaghetti monster created the universe as there is of your god doing so.
Cognative reasoning is not something you are showing now.
You continue to ask for "proof" God exist.

Do you have undisputed proof that God did not create the things Waco has mentioned?

Of course you don't!

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#35337 Feb 9, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>The are not free to marry the consenting adult they love.
Now carry on with your hypocritical freedom talk. You lost all credibility with this one issue. Was it worth it?
Yes they do. My male cousin married his boyfriend. Been married for years.

Location hidden

#35338 Feb 9, 2013
TSF wrote:
They do not know what my opinion is or even have an opinion themselves. The munchkins just vote straight tickets because that is what they were told to do.
<quoted text>
"Like I said before, I dont run. You will soon discover that no matter where you go, there YOU are. I will just stay and try to get voters to recognize their error so it can be changed. I admit that is a difficult task given the rampant ignorance of Caldwell republikans."

Looks like your opinion...sounds like your opinion....must be your opinion...

Location hidden

#35339 Feb 9, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you guys wanted financial responsibility and prudent government over everything else. Doesn't look as if it was a very wise or prudent decision in Caldwell County. Oh, but they are Republicans! Let's give them a pass. Typical.
Uh oh...looks like we are going to have the Caldwell County 2 sit in now...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#35340 Feb 9, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL That is such a joke from the generation of segregation and rampant Civil Rights abuses.
A person can rise above"his generation", Arnold, at least that is my belief.Just as a person can rise above his upbringing....at least, I have to believe that, because to believe otherwise is to invite despair, an emotion so hard to bear, that I would honestly wish it on no one.Sometimes though, I wonder how life can be so sweet, yet so bitter, at the same time.

Location hidden

#35341 Feb 9, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about what you're saying. The price of Little Debbie snacks and Doritos would sky rocket:)
Sounds like you've just uncovered the next big stock tip! Save your money and be ready to invest!:)

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#35342 Feb 9, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>LOL That is such a joke from the generation of segregation and rampant Civil Rights abuses.
Rampant civil rights abuse my ass

Yeah I know, the bad white man held black back.

Have you ever noticed that black history month doesn't celebrate the achievements of blacks that achieved success before the civil rights movement.

How many times during black history month has the life of architect Paul Williams or the successful black writers of the 19th century been celebrated?

From 1870 to 1955 there was an outstanding black high school in Washington DC that had remarkable achievements. Again, before the civil rights movement.

If nothing else, some people get excuses for their on shortcomings and excuses are very important.

Excuses are better than achievements. Achievements, no matter how great leave you having to prove yourself again in the future. Excuses can last for life.

Location hidden

#35343 Feb 9, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>The are not free to marry the consenting adult they love.
Now carry on with your hypocritical freedom talk. You lost all credibility with this one issue. Was it worth it?
They are free to have a civil union if they choose.

Location hidden

#35344 Feb 9, 2013
TSF wrote:
You will soon discover that no matter where you go, there YOU are.
<quoted text>
Did you just quote Buckaroo Banzai?

Location hidden

#35345 Feb 9, 2013
TSF wrote:
The munchkins just vote straight tickets because that is what they were told to do.
<quoted text>
Reminds me of the poor voting for the Commucrats!

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#35346 Feb 9, 2013
Commucrats and republikans...y'all crazy..

Location hidden

#35347 Feb 9, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh...looks like we are going to have the Caldwell County 2 sit in now...
"The right to petition government with grievances"....You have probably never heard of that. It's called The First Amendment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Nov 27 Buddy C 18
News Gaston County planning new school in Belmont Up... Nov 19 Shea Shires 1
News Renaissance Festival to host 'Job Faire' Sep '16 LakeNormanMike 1
News Jean E. Matthew Aug '16 Wanda Minkler 1
Pokemon Go Jul '16 Grow up 2
Fun Jul '16 Laughing my butt off 3
News Retired North Carolina police chief Philip Pott... (Oct '13) Feb '16 Deja vu 7

Huntersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntersville Mortgages