Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32900 Jan 20, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I only refer to myself as American. The African part is obvious. African American is seldom used today, and has never been popular with most blacks. The most accepted identity is "black".
You claim seldom used but you obviously don't watch TV or read the papers.
Out of curiosity, do you refer to yourself as Black American, American Black, just Black, or just American?
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

#32901 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what rock you live under, but republicans bitch about public education all the time, and not just about the unions.
Dumbocrat

Location hidden

#32902 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If other peoples smoke did not float to others and kill them, we would have no problem, as I could care less if you wish to kill yourself, but when your bad habits kill me, we have a problem.
Keep whining about it and maybe they will just make smoking illegal altogether.
It is called a compromise. Learn how to do it someday.
You have the choice of not entering the establishment. If you own the place then you should have the right to ban the use....not the govt.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32903 Jan 20, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did what when power was at hand is irrelevant. We can all play Monday morning QB. God know we already talk enough of should have's and could have's.
The point I made and question I ask was how can someone stand and say we need gun control (by restricting ownership) in order to stop murders, while openly fighting for the right of abortion (murder) under the false pre-tense of calling it choice?
If I held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant mother and pulled the trigger it would be considered murder.
If the mother goes to a clinic and has a doctor perform an abortion (again murder) it's called choice. All the while democrats/liberals expect me to pay for the abortions of those that cannot afford them.
AZ, your no dummy. You know full well this is a double standard.
You mean the democrats fought for the freedom of choice? Yes, and republicans opposed the freedom. Freedom. freedom, get it? Your party opposed it. Freedom that is what they oppose for a woman.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32904 Jan 20, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>Dumbocrat
Puerile republican.

Location hidden

#32905 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats compromise so much, they get accused of having no balls.
What have the Commucrats compromised on in the last 6 years?
Your party's usual answer is we won, we don't have to compromise.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32906 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You have the choice of not entering the establishment. If you own the place then you should have the right to ban the use....not the govt.
So do you think businesses should have any saftey requirements for employees?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#32907 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the democrats fought for the freedom of choice? Yes, and republicans opposed the freedom. Freedom. freedom, get it? Your party opposed it. Freedom that is what they oppose for a woman.
What about the dad's right?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32908 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So then you do believe in the govt stripping Americans of their freedoms.
You can play the losing "safe workplace" card if you wish, it's already been established that the employee has the choice of employment. They knew the conditions when they applied for the position, if they don't like the environment then they should choose a restaurant or bar that doesn't allow it! No one forces anyone to take any job.
Again, if the people choose not to visit the establishment, the doors will shut. Let the free market dictate the winners and losers, not the govt!
No one is forced to work in a sweatshop.......
If we played by your reasoning, America would be having ten year old kids working eighteen hour days in horrible conditions. This is 2013 not 1913.

Location hidden

#32909 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what rock you live under, but republicans bitch about public education all the time, and not just about the unions.
Have you looked at a govt school text book lately or are you referencing the education you received....back in the day? Trust me, what we learned and what they're teaching today are two totally different things.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32910 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>What have the Commucrats compromised on in the last 6 years?
Your party's usual answer is we won, we don't have to compromise.
Did we get tax cuts for those making over 250K? Nope, but that is what we wanted, but we compromised at 400K.

Location hidden

#32911 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So do you think businesses should have any saftey requirements for employees?
Sure, but it's also the employees responsibility to research the employer before they apply.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32912 Jan 20, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the dad's right?
It is not the dads body.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32913 Jan 20, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Obama takes the oath for a 2nd term. His first action is to deport Silver to Singapore. Mike, this proves that there is a God.
It proves no god was listening to Silvers prayers.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32914 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, but it's also the employees responsibility to research the employer before they apply.
So an employee is supposed to research how much the employer makes for a safe work environment?
Fact is, America has made it a practice to force employers to make for a safe workplace. Forcing employees to work in a smoke filled place is hazardous to your health.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32915 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Have you looked at a govt school text book lately or are you referencing the education you received....back in the day? Trust me, what we learned and what they're teaching today are two totally different things.
My son just went through the public education system. And yes, I looked at his books quite often, as I helped him study. I found no political messages. And yes, I do know how they can be hidden. If you think the republican majority school boards here in NC are letting in a bunch of liberal propaganda, it is you who is not actually looking at the textbooks.

Location hidden

#32916 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is not the dads body.
Mike, only interesting post and you and I discussed this before and that is not the answer you gave. I threw out the hypothetical what if a woman got pregnant wanted to have an abortion and the father of the baby said "hey, don't abort, I'll pay for everything and once the baby is born you'll never have to see the child again." We discussed that men are responsible for child support, thus if he should pay after the baby is born shouldn't he have a right about the pregnancy. You said and I agreed that we didn't exactly know the legalities, but it seemed the father should have some rights. We even discussed if a woman is murdered who is pregnant, the perpetrator is charged with double homicide if the child dies, thus the child is considered more than a fetus.

The court can even override a woman's decision after the birth of the baby to not receive child support from the father, even if it was her body and she chose to have the baby. I read not too long ago where a lesbian couple obtained sperm from a male friend and a child was conceived. One of the women fell on hard times or they split or something and the mother of the child was having trouble providing for the child and the judge made the male friend, pay child support. So, I say if the father can be held accountable for fathering a child after birth, he should have a say if his child can be carried to term. I know your argument will be that the woman can have an abortion without the knowledge of the father, and that's the of the story; however, I think if the woman isn't your one night stand kind of woman and she has feelings for said father of the baby, she would tell him she was pregnant, especially if she wanted to continue the relationship.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#32917 Jan 20, 2013
I have looked at the preset day textbooks. I is just difficult to imagine how you see such ominous threats in the teaching of math, science, writing and reading. I think you are the one being brainwashed and it obviouly in't being done by the government.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Have you looked at a govt school text book lately or are you referencing the education you received....back in the day? Trust me, what we learned and what they're teaching today are two totally different things.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32918 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>But would you not agree that an all white college, an all white college fund, an all white Miss America Pageant, etc...would be considered racism? Why is it ok to have an all black? Isn't that reverse racism? Aren't you advocating racism in a sense?
If your race was enslaved and banned from reading or learning to read by your country, we would not consider a white college fund racist.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32919 Jan 20, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw that. I'd just soon have Taco Bell and then go home to a crown and coke. Or maybe a four horseman, Jack, George, Jim and Johnny Walker Red. Sounds like The Woodshed is for people who have more money than they got good cents. Lol.
I am getting heartburn just listening to that combination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Denver a boring dull place? (Jan '09) Wed Big News Denver 28
Little Otter (May '14) Dec 19 Todd 18
melvina Dec 16 Patience 1
Rick LaRock (Dec '12) Dec 6 CDC 2
Commissioner Julian Dec 5 Concerned resident 1
Stanley Police (Aug '13) Nov '14 HMMMM 5
massage shop Nov '14 Tigermk6 5
Huntersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web