Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#31783 Jan 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> That was a good post Taxpayer.
So you believe Taxpayer answered Arnold's question?
I did not see Taxpayer address the question one bit.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#31784 Jan 8, 2013
I notice that banks are going to have to pay out over $18,000,000,000 (18 billion dollars) in restitution for illegal and fradulent loan and foreclosure practices. This is after republikans in congress declared that we don't need no stinking banking regulations. The republikan party is morally bankrupt. Tax breaks for the rich is not an ideology, it is just unrestrained greed.

“Seek ”

Since: May 12

Houston

#31785 Jan 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you believe Taxpayer answered Arnold's question?
I did not see Taxpayer address the question one bit.
SO?

“Seek ”

Houston

#31786 Jan 8, 2013
TSF wrote:
I notice that banks are going to have to pay out over $18,000,000,000 (18 billion dollars) in restitution for illegal and fradulent loan and foreclosure practices. This is after republikans in congress declared that we don't need no stinking banking regulations. The republikan party is morally bankrupt. Tax breaks for the rich is not an ideology, it is just unrestrained greed.
A great post.
Taxpayer

Rougemont, NC

#31787 Jan 8, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not cited anything from the Communist Manifesto, therefore, you have no evidence that I am a Communist or even a sympathizer to the Communist cause. "Freedom, when you come down to the wire, is the ability to make choices about your own life and property". Does this apply to everyone? You stated earilier that the Civil Rights movement did not involve freedom. Are you also saying that you support gays in their choice of marriage partners and the right to ,in fact, marry the individual that they choose to love? Sounds as if your "freedom" is only selective to the ones you agree should have freedom. Not to everyone. Is that true freedom when some are still denied?
So, you claim the state authority to steal property is not communist. You have related to actions of the government impinging on business as ok, communism. It's often said that the hallmark of a free society is when freedom of speech is sacrosanct, meaning that one has the freedom to express opinions or disagreements with regards to the existing political or social order. Having the freedom to talk aloud or to engage in heated debates against government authorities but only with limits is, communisms. The first, fundamental condition for the introduction of your communism is the political liberation of the people through a twisted democratic constitution you support.
You support the established and false democracy that guaranteeing the subsistence of the user and non-producer. You support limiting private property in such a way that it gradually prepares the way for its transformation into social property, by progressive taxation, limitation of the right of inheritance in favor of the state. By supporting employing non-American worker downgrades the quality of life for those who support the ideas of American freedoms. Pushing them into having to rely on the state for survival. You support the state controlling and educating all children at the expense of the working Americas. Reject existing religions in which you make all existing religions superfluous and supersede them with communist rule.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31788 Jan 8, 2013
TSF wrote:
Banking deregulation was signed into law by Clinton, a democrat.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31789 Jan 8, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you claim the state authority to steal property is not communist. You have related to actions of the government impinging on business as ok, communism. It's often said that the hallmark of a free society is when freedom of speech is sacrosanct, meaning that one has the freedom to express opinions or disagreements with regards to the existing political or social order. Having the freedom to talk aloud or to engage in heated debates against government authorities but only with limits is, communisms. The first, fundamental condition for the introduction of your communism is the political liberation of the people through a twisted democratic constitution you support.
You support the established and false democracy that guaranteeing the subsistence of the user and non-producer. You support limiting private property in such a way that it gradually prepares the way for its transformation into social property, by progressive taxation, limitation of the right of inheritance in favor of the state. By supporting employing non-American worker downgrades the quality of life for those who support the ideas of American freedoms. Pushing them into having to rely on the state for survival. You support the state controlling and educating all children at the expense of the working Americas. Reject existing religions in which you make all existing religions superfluous and supersede them with communist rule.
Taxpayer, I don't totally agree with everything you have posted. I, well did own land and I never had the threat of it being taken from me. Land and your home can be taken if the taxes are paid. I don't like paying property taxes; however, those taxes are used to help fund a multitude of things you might need one day, i.e. local firefighters, police dept, roads, local libraries, parks etc. What I don't like is how my property tax would go up and for the past 3-4 years, the sell of real estate decreased about 30%.
It's not against the law to stand on the street corner and peacefully picket, hand out flyers or stand there and tell everyone that passes by your opinion about today's politics and how it makes you mad as hell, just as long as you don't harass others or you find one that doesn't agree with you and you guys decide to throw down on main street.
I was reading from others' post, but personally I've never been able to read any material I wish to or buy any reading or viewing material I want to. I've never been told by the government what to do in my home or on my property. I don't know where you live, but I don't care enough what my neighbors are doing in view or behind closed doors to call the police. Their time is better spent trying to get real criminals off the street and not someone reading "Catcher in the Rye".
I will agree with you on the fact we are making more Americans dependent daily on government and that needs to stop. We need to take pork in all these laws being passed to educate, and mandate these people get up off their butts and make their way the same as you and I. A little hard work never killed anyone, but the cycle of government dependency to live has to stop.
I've never been told I cannot worship freely. I've been ridiculed on here by posters, but until the doors at locked at my local church, I'll continue to worship when and where I want and if my religious freedom is infringed upon, I know what I believe in my heart and my mind and that can't be taken away.
Public schools are necessary. I chose to send my child to private school where I paid tuition there and still paid my taxes that provided monies for public education. You get what you pay for and in N.C. you certainly can tell it must be a small bit as far behind as our children are behind other states in public schools. Home schooling is a good alternative but must be taken seriously by parents.
Well, that about covers it.

“Seek ”

Houston

#31790 Jan 8, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Banking deregulation was signed into law by Clinton, a democrat.
Yes.Clinton compromised with republicans frequently.

“Seek ”

Houston

#31791 Jan 8, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, I don't totally agree with everything you have posted. I, well did own land and I never had the threat of it being taken from me. Land and your home can be taken if the taxes are paid. I don't like paying property taxes; however, those taxes are used to help fund a multitude of things you might need one day, i.e. local firefighters, police dept, roads, local libraries, parks etc. What I don't like is how my property tax would go up and for the past 3-4 years, the sell of real estate decreased about 30%.
It's not against the law to stand on the street corner and peacefully picket, hand out flyers or stand there and tell everyone that passes by your opinion about today's politics and how it makes you mad as hell, juskt as long as you don't harass others or you find one that doesn't agree with you and you guys decide to throw down on main street.
I was reading from others' post, but personally I've never been able to read any material I wish to or buy any reading or viewing material I want to. I've never been told by the government what to do in my home or on my property. I don't know where you live, but I don't care enough what my neighbors are doing in view or behind closed doors to call the police. Their time is better spent trying to get real criminals off the street and not someone reading "Catcher in the Rye".
I will agree with you on the fact we are making more Americans dependent daily on government and that needs to stop. We need to take pork in all these laws being passed to educate, and mandate these people get up off their butts and make their way the same as you and I. A little hard work never killed anyone, but the cycle of government dependency to live has to stop.
I've never been told I cannot worship freely. I've been ridiculed on here by posters, but until the doors at locked at my local church, I'll continue to worship when and where I want and if my religious freedom is infringed upon, I know what I believe in my heart and my mind and that can't be taken away.
Public schools are necessary. I chose to send my child to private school where I paid tuition there and still paid my taxes that provided monies for public education. You get what you pay for and in N.C. you certainly can tell it must be a small bit as far behind as our children are behind other states in public schools. Home schooling is a good alternative but must be taken seriously by parents.
Well, that about covers it.
I checked the weather in the BVI.....77 degrees...for the next hundred years or so....

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#31792 Jan 8, 2013
TSF wrote:
Not sure about how many banks make up that $18 billion but Bank of America got screwed. Their part is tied to the loans made by Country Wide which the government (Paulson) forced BOA to purchase along with Merrill Lynch.

They should go after the people like Barney Franks who said there was no housing bubble in 2005 and used his influence to stop GWB from regulating Fannie and Freddie twice in 2003 and 2006. How about those prominent Senators who resigned when the news broke of their sweetheart deals from Country Wide.

We all know the mantra "It's corruption when it's for thee, but not when it's for me".

Location hidden

#31793 Jan 8, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, not finished yet. I do think there is too much OVER regulation as far as businesses are concerned. I don't like it when people are asked to pull a permit to build a deck on their home, workshop or simple tool shed. If it falls apart because it's not built to code then the homeowner is just pooped out of luck. Yes, we do need the FDA, but here lately and in the past they've dropped the ball on many occasions. Let's don't all get excited over the FDA. The FDA is like an octopus on steroids with more arms of their branch than be counted and many of these branches are doing the same another arm or branch is doing. This needs to be cut and a leaner, streamlined form of investigating and reporting could be utilized and money could be saved. We don't need all these government agencies with their arms reaching into everything business owners (small and large) do. These agencies are pork in the barrel too.
Getting back to non-working Americans. This is how I feel, getting off public assistance is not a 12-step program for alcoholics and drug addicts and if one says it is, then we need to help them achieve their sobriety and cut off the funds. The government shouldn't beg people to work if they have been provided an education and believe me they are given much to better themselves educationally. After 2-5 years if a parent(s) is not providing for their children, take the children away. Foster homes are not always an ideal answer, but at least it will take one or two (parents) out of the system to recoup or offset the cost of foster care.

Location hidden

#31794 Jan 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I checked the weather in the BVI.....77 degrees...for the next hundred years or so....
Hey Waco, how are you and Lu? Bet she's busy packing too. You guys are going to be so happy together. Last night on some channel on TV they had a report on Singapore. Oh, do I envy Silver. The place is so beautiful. There was much misinformation right here on Topix about Singapore. Although they hold onto many old school ways of about 3 different cultures, they do embrace Americans. Crime is very low there, they have a great public transit system as well as highways and the way of life was laid back. They actually said their goal is to be English speaking there and they now promote it very much in the school systems and use it in public settings to acclimate the people there to it. Looks like a good choice to me. I think he mentioned the other day his boxes were to arrive on yesterday and I bet he and his wife will be up to their eyeballs in boxes just like we are.
Waco, everyone is trying to do what is best for them and I hope everyone that leaves or goes is happy. Remember, I get to be the "old hag" of honor.:)

Location hidden

#31795 Jan 8, 2013
oops... "leaves or stays"

“Seek ”

Houston

#31796 Jan 8, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Waco, how are you and Lu? Bet she's busy packing too. You guys are going to be so happy together. Last night on some channel on TV they had a report on Singapore. Oh, do I envy Silver. The place is so beautiful. There was much misinformation right here on Topix about Singapore. Although they hold onto many old school ways of about 3 different cultures, they do embrace Americans. Crime is very low there, they have a great public transit system as well as highways and the way of life was laid back. They actually said their goal is to be English speaking there and they now promote it very much in the school systems and use it in public settings to acclimate the people there to it. Looks like a good choice to me. I think he mentioned the other day his boxes were to arrive on yesterday and I bet he and his wife will be up to their eyeballs in boxes just like we are.
Waco, everyone is trying to do what is best for them and I hope everyone that leaves or goes is happy. Remember, I get to be the "old hag" of honor.:)
Since i'm older than you....what does that make me? The old broken-down-groom?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#31797 Jan 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Since i'm older than you....what does that make me? The old broken-down-groom?
Not in the least, ain't nothin' broken down about you!! ;)

“Seek ”

Houston

#31798 Jan 8, 2013
Bacon, its almost time! I can already hear the patter of little feet! And as soon as I call the exterminator, those rats will be history.....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#31799 Jan 8, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a very simple event, I'll let you AND my sister have the honor.

“Seek ”

Houston

#31800 Jan 8, 2013
I Hate Piers Morgans guts.So to speak! Any of you NC people got anything to say about Morgans comments about the NRA and the republican party? Anybody signing the petition?

“Seek ”

Houston

#31801 Jan 8, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Not in the least, ain't nothin' broken down about you!! ;)
I'm turning red!

Location hidden

#31802 Jan 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Bacon, its almost time! I can already hear the patter of little feet! And as soon as I call the exterminator, those rats will be history.....
Whoa buddy, you had me scared there for a minute!!! I'm all good with you and Lu tying the knot, but hopefully and no pun intended, I hope one of you have had the "knot tied"!!!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting to the truth. (Mar '10) 15 hr Charles Jenkins 34
Kevin Green - former CSD Administrator (May '14) Apr 18 wondering 8
Loud Boom Early Hours Tuesday Apr 14 Kathleen5 3
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Apr 14 Meowrs 10
Mistress Asha NYC was born a MAN (Apr '13) Mar '16 LoogieLover822 35
Ted Cruz Demands U.S. Take Muslim Refugees Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Davidson College Viral Music Video Feb '16 michael_johnson 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntersville Mortgages