The NRA wil resort to anything

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#83 Jan 30, 2013
Soft clix wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no he used his mother's gun's. Most gun's used in any murder is not owned by the killer.
Your right. Shooting your mother in the face isn't exactly what you call easy access to guns.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#84 Jan 31, 2013
Brittney wrote:
<quoted text> I have never felt that way! What happened to those babies is inexcusable! Don't ever try to imply that I'm glad that happened due to the fact I'm pro 2 amendment right. Those children and adults lost their lives! The families will never forget!
What I was trying to get across is it is a fact that the wrong people will be able to get guns no matter what. It's the same thing with drugs. No matter what laws are instated there WILL ALWAYS be a way around it. The only thing I wanted to get out there was my opinion. We are blessed to have that freedom. In the future try not to judge those who are brave enough to have an opinion. Don't we all have the right of free thinking? I Will not be drawn into an argument, because you have just as much right to your beliefs as I do.
Honey, you were the one who butted yourself into this so you are hip deep in this now!
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#85 Jan 31, 2013
Bullittbl wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right. Shooting your mother in the face isn't exactly what you call easy access to guns.
Then buy liability insurance on your guns, thats a pretty simple answer right there. If someone uses a stolen gun it would be tracked back to the original purchaser and see if that person bought insurance, If they didnt then they would have to pay for the damages that ensued. I like this idea!
number9

United States

#86 Jan 31, 2013
You Damn Fool wrote:
<quoted text>Then buy liability insurance on your guns, thats a pretty simple answer right there. If someone uses a stolen gun it would be tracked back to the original purchaser and see if that person bought insurance, If they didnt then they would have to pay for the damages that ensued. I like this idea!
And what price system would you propose?$1000 for a wounded leg?$500 for a foot? Your insurance scam would not prevent one crime. Are you for prevention, or simply imposing more restrictions and penalties on the law abiding?
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#87 Jan 31, 2013
number9 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what price system would you propose?$1000 for a wounded leg?$500 for a foot? Your insurance scam would not prevent one crime. Are you for prevention, or simply imposing more restrictions and penalties on the law abiding?
If you own a car or anything that could cause harm even down to a assembly of people there is a requirement that you must take out insurance to keep the damages at check.

This isnt a bad idea. Im thinking that the original purchaser would pay for the right to own as part of the price of the gun and subsequent owners would pay when they purchase the gun. Something happens and the gun is traced back to the current owner that doesnt have insurance they must pay for the damage.

You can still own the gun no problem but if something happens with it the owner would be bankrupt. The mothers estate in Sandyhook would be sold off to pay for damages there if this was implemented.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#88 Jan 31, 2013
This would truly be a "responsible" gun owner thing to do. Its kinda like a baby, you brought it into the world now make sure it stays out of trouble and off of welfare.
number9

United States

#89 Jan 31, 2013
You Damn Fool wrote:
<quoted text>If you own a car or anything that could cause harm even down to a assembly of people there is a requirement that you must take out insurance to keep the damages at check.

This isnt a bad idea. Im thinking that the original purchaser would pay for the right to own as part of the price of the gun and subsequent owners would pay when they purchase the gun. Something happens and the gun is traced back to the current owner that doesnt have insurance they must pay for the damage.

You can still own the gun no problem but if something happens with it the owner would be bankrupt. The mothers estate in Sandyhook would be sold off to pay for damages there if this was implemented.
If a criminal steals my car and commits a crime with it, I am not liable, nor is my insurance company.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#90 Jan 31, 2013
number9 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a criminal steals my car and commits a crime with it, I am not liable, nor is my insurance company.
No, but if he runs somebody or something over your insurance pays for that.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#91 Jan 31, 2013
If whoever steals your car runs over a class of kindergarteners out on a field trip your insurance pays, same difference.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#92 Jan 31, 2013
Bullittbl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, did he fight her to get to the gun? Wait! I know! He threatened her with a knife first, right?
number9

United States

#93 Jan 31, 2013
You Damn Fool wrote:
<quoted text>No, but if he runs somebody or something over your insurance pays for that.
Wrong again.
number9

United States

#94 Jan 31, 2013
Not to mention, who's going to determine the criteria of a safely stored firearm? And what about people who buy only enough insurance to get their "permit", then drop it a month later just like car insurance?
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#95 Jan 31, 2013
number9 wrote:
Not to mention, who's going to determine the criteria of a safely stored firearm? And what about people who buy only enough insurance to get their "permit", then drop it a month later just like car insurance?
Either way they are still libel just like leaving the keys in your car.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#96 Jan 31, 2013
number9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
No, the insurance on the car pays, ask your agent.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#97 Jan 31, 2013
If you even have a car or insurance that is, for all we know you could be one of those that refuse to have a tagged vehicle or a drivers license "because Obama can track me that way".
number9

United States

#98 Jan 31, 2013
You Damn Fool wrote:
<quoted text>No, the insurance on the car pays, ask your agent.
No, this varies from state to state and even from one insurance company to another.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#99 Feb 1, 2013
number9 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this varies from state to state and even from one insurance company to another.
So, you are saying that gun insurance wont work for the same reason? I still say if you brought into the world you should be responsible for it til you die or legally sell it and keep the recipt.
number9

United States

#100 Feb 1, 2013
You Damn Fool wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are saying that gun insurance wont work for the same reason? I still say if you brought into the world you should be responsible for it til you die or legally sell it and keep the recipt.
It doesn't sound too bad on the surface, but if you're requiring an "acceptable" means of safe storage and then a certain level of liability insurance to go along with it, you're going to eliminate a lot of lower income citizens from a means of sport or self defense. Historically more controls (whether it's guns or price controls or increased taxes/fees) mean less availability of an item. Minorities typically are affected more in this instance than most. A utopian society can not be created through legislation.
You Damn Fool

Brinkley, AR

#101 Feb 1, 2013
number9 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't sound too bad on the surface, but if you're requiring an "acceptable" means of safe storage and then a certain level of liability insurance to go along with it, you're going to eliminate a lot of lower income citizens from a means of sport or self defense. Historically more controls (whether it's guns or price controls or increased taxes/fees) mean less availability of an item. Minorities typically are affected more in this instance than most. A utopian society can not be created through legislation.
Just like buying a car, if you have no tags or insurance it shouldnt be driven but we all know that isnt impossible. Guns would have fewer restrictions but if they are used as a tool of violence then the owners would be libel. If you ask me it sounds better than the nothing but more guns sold or handed out to teachers and the like as suggested by the NRA. Responsible storage is a part of being a responsible gun owner as well as knowing whos hands they may fall into after you are gone.
number9

United States

#102 Feb 1, 2013
You Damn Fool wrote:
<quoted text>Just like buying a car, if you have no tags or insurance it shouldnt be driven but we all know that isnt impossible. Guns would have fewer restrictions but if they are used as a tool of violence then the owners would be libel. If you ask me it sounds better than the nothing but more guns sold or handed out to teachers and the like as suggested by the NRA. Responsible storage is a part of being a responsible gun owner as well as knowing whos hands they may fall into after you are gone.
Obama has proposed $ for armed guards at schools too, so this isn't strictly an NRA idea. What is your definition of "responsible" storage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hunter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 41,358
Prettiest women in woodruff county 3 hr His sisters bestf... 1
william jones (Feb '14) 3 hr His sisters bestf... 16
What really happened here in 1987? (Apr '10) 9 hr Adorable4321 102
Sheriff 11 hr jz 3
jason philips Mon Brandon 1
Is TCFA broke (Nov '14) Dec 10 Not a speck of Sp... 65

Hunter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance