Dan Moran

Middleton, WI

#1 Jan 22, 2009
I am looking for anyone in Hundred who might remember my grandmother... Mrs. Rachel Yeater who lived above the bridge in Hundred in an apartment she rented with my Aunt Willa - a victom of polio. Ms. Yeater as she was called was a seamstress for the town. My Dad, now 78, lived in burton, wv and my mom, 79, lived in hundred. Her dad, my grandfather had a hardware store where she and my uncle Leo Yeater helped out. His name was Bill (william) yeater.

As a kid I used to spend summers there, running up and down the steep steps to the top of the hill in the center of town. I bought penny candy at Bell's market and icecream cones below the apartment my granny lived in.

I had an Aunt Maude who lived across the street. I hear tell she made her living as a lady of the night... don't know how much of this is true.

Anyone there remember any of this.. my grandmother's maiden name was Hart. My dad's mom lived in Burton, Ms Eva Kennedy Moran...she was a school teacher in the one room school house of burton. She raised my Uncle Jim, long dead of a heart attack at 55 years of age and my Dad Raymond D. Moran.

email me if you know something.... [email protected]
Mary Beth Traines

Southfield, MI

#2 Feb 24, 2017
Dan Moran wrote:
I am looking for anyone in Hundred who might remember my grandmother... Mrs. Rachel Yeater who lived above the bridge in Hundred in an apartment she rented with my Aunt Willa - a victom of polio. Ms. Yeater as she was called was a seamstress for the town. My Dad, now 78, lived in burton, wv and my mom, 79, lived in hundred. Her dad, my grandfather had a hardware store where she and my uncle Leo Yeater helped out. His name was Bill (william) yeater.

As a kid I used to spend summers there, running up and down the steep steps to the top of the hill in the center of town. I bought penny candy at Bell's market and icecream cones below the apartment my granny lived in.

I had an Aunt Maude who lived across the street. I hear tell she made her living as a lady of the night... don't know how much of this is true.

Anyone there remember any of this.. my grandmother's maiden name was Hart. My dad's mom lived in Burton, Ms Eva Kennedy Moran...she was a school teacher in the one room school house of burton. She raised my Uncle Jim, long dead of a heart attack at 55 years of age and my Dad Raymond D. Moran.

email me if you know something.... [email protected]
I'm pretty sure I'm your cousin! Leo Yeater was my grandfather. My mom (his daughter Rosemary) remembers Willa being in a wheelchair. Leo used to buy dolls for her when he could afford it. He ran the hardware store after William Ambrose Yeater (his dad) died until the depression hit. I actually went to Hundred last summer for the first time - i know those steep stairs! I tried to figure out which store was the hardware but Mom couldn't remember

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hundred Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 min SS Reichmarshall ... 4,255
Who is the Mannington girl on VH 1 Reality Show? 10 hr Harsh Reality 5
Marietta 20 hr Sick 4
Justin Marietta 21 hr Cps needs a visit 1
north marion coaches (Mar '13) Sep 22 Tammy M 71
How did you miss this?????? Sep 19 Ringo Starr 10
dbb Sep 17 Mountain Papa 2

Hundred Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance