Blast levels building

Blast levels building

There are 1 comment on the Lebanon Daily News story from May 22, 2008, titled Blast levels building. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

An early afternoon explosion, which one witness called "almost like a bomb," leveled a vacant former restaurant and damaged several nearby buildings after a backhoe struck an underground natural-gas pipe ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

hershey2112

Harrisburg, PA

#1 May 22, 2008
Mr. Fessler, some questions, One, was the marked line where the backhoe hit the line? I have seen the utlity contractors mark an electric line through a 36" blsck oak stump. If the utility was incorrectly located, then what would you say? That is a possibility in this case, just as much as the operator ignoring the marking which may also be true. It is easy to cast opinions as facts when you fly a desk. I really question how a building 20 to 30 feet from the line was completely destroyed. I mean is there not a gas valve on the building protecting from fire from supply lines? How could a gas surge inside the building occur from a broken line outside. I smell something fishy, not sulfer.
I am willing to bet that UGI did not know where the line was. It may have been installed prior to recording of such utilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hummelstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shooting in etown (Oct '06) Nov 26 Jeremy 59
News Middletown Man Tries to Hire Hit Man to Take Ou... (Mar '06) Nov '17 Still abusive 5
News Police and fire log -2/20 (Feb '10) Nov '17 Exlover 6
News Mom who beat girl for incorrect Bible verses ge... Nov '17 Al Jolson 46
News Couple Charged with Child Abuse (Jul '06) Sep '17 thaonandonlyIna 11
ISO rv lots Aug '17 Anonymous 1
The Hershey Company Address (Jan '06) Jul '17 Rae Apfelbaum 395

Hummelstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hummelstown Mortgages