Whales could be getting sunburned

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

The thinning ozone layer could be leaving the world's whales scarred from severe sunburn, experts said Wednesday.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2010
Simpleton

Long Beach, CA

#1 Nov 10, 2010
I've also noticed that whales are showing more wrinkles. Maybe in addition to more SPF 50 sunscreen, they need botox.

And has anybody noticed how wrinkled the desert tortoises have become? Maybe we can make that our invented crisis.

What a crock. How does this crap get published?
Stanley

Long Beach, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2010
Simpleton wrote:
I've also noticed that whales are showing more wrinkles. Maybe in addition to more SPF 50 sunscreen, they need botox.
And has anybody noticed how wrinkled the desert tortoises have become? Maybe we can make that our invented crisis.
You're just a capitalist pig who doesn't want your taxes going up to save the whales. The Whale Tax is needed now more than ever--if the U.S. Congress won't allocate necessary monies then we'll need a bond measure Propostion on the California State ballot to fund the scientists who will fix this problem. Don't laugh.
for a better long beach

Chatsworth, CA

#3 Nov 11, 2010
wow-interesting...
Save The Whales

Westminster, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2010
Simpleton wrote:
It gets published, simpleton, because of the implications of thinning ozone on humans.
Lindsay

Long Beach, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2010
Save The Whales wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets published, simpleton, because of the implications of thinning ozone on humans.
Please explain it to us. Is it like how Global Warming is going to kill us all?
Simpleton

Long Beach, CA

#6 Nov 11, 2010
Save The Whales wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy smokes!! Does this mean we might get sunburns too?! Maybe we should ban those CFCs!

I wish we could go back to the 50s and 60s, when none of the kids got sunburns.

Thanks for weighing in...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hume Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Look At Victor Lopez Jr. Sad Pathetic Face (Nov '13) 7 min Carlos 108
Election to be Legal ! 9 min The Law 3
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 200,581
Victor Lopez & Family Are Shitting Bricks 3 hr Carlos 17
support Glenda hill if you want Orange cove to ... 3 hr Hill4ever 14
Do you believe Victor Lopez is an HONEST MAYOR? (Jun '10) 5 hr Hanni 112
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Macko mono 5,000
•••
•••
•••

Hume Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hume People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hume News, Events & Info