Whales could be getting sunburned

Whales could be getting sunburned

There are 6 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 10, 2010, titled Whales could be getting sunburned. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

The thinning ozone layer could be leaving the world's whales scarred from severe sunburn, experts said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Simpleton

Redondo Beach, CA

#1 Nov 10, 2010
I've also noticed that whales are showing more wrinkles. Maybe in addition to more SPF 50 sunscreen, they need botox.

And has anybody noticed how wrinkled the desert tortoises have become? Maybe we can make that our invented crisis.

What a crock. How does this crap get published?
Stanley

Long Beach, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2010
Simpleton wrote:
I've also noticed that whales are showing more wrinkles. Maybe in addition to more SPF 50 sunscreen, they need botox.
And has anybody noticed how wrinkled the desert tortoises have become? Maybe we can make that our invented crisis.
You're just a capitalist pig who doesn't want your taxes going up to save the whales. The Whale Tax is needed now more than ever--if the U.S. Congress won't allocate necessary monies then we'll need a bond measure Propostion on the California State ballot to fund the scientists who will fix this problem. Don't laugh.
for a better long beach

United States

#3 Nov 11, 2010
wow-interesting...
Save The Whales

Anaheim, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2010
Simpleton wrote:
It gets published, simpleton, because of the implications of thinning ozone on humans.
Lindsay

Long Beach, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2010
Save The Whales wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets published, simpleton, because of the implications of thinning ozone on humans.
Please explain it to us. Is it like how Global Warming is going to kill us all?
Simpleton

Redondo Beach, CA

#6 Nov 11, 2010
Save The Whales wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy smokes!! Does this mean we might get sunburns too?! Maybe we should ban those CFCs!

I wish we could go back to the 50s and 60s, when none of the kids got sunburns.

Thanks for weighing in...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hume Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orange cove and treatment of animals ! 4 min Bruiser 7
Victor Lopez - OC Times - Fresno Fair Tickets (Oct '13) 10 min Bruiser 45
Cyber Bully RankinBiatch continues let all of ... 2 hr Brugge 1
Loudmouth RankinLIAR defeated by his IRRELEVANT... 2 hr Brugge 1
News Lisker Chronicles: Bruce and Proposition 34 (Nov '12) Nov '12 Dudley sharp 1
News Hantavirus cases prompt action (Sep '12) Sep '12 Hank 1
News Cannabis College information 'misleading' - Hum... (Oct '11) Oct '11 iuu77ypoov 2

Hume Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hume Mortgages