Dr Woolverton Vision Center

Posted in the Humboldt Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Apr 2, 2011
What ever happened to Dr Woolverton at the Vision Center in Humboldt? He had it made went straight into his own business after gtaduating optometry school (he bought Dr Mcords practice) and then his Dad put up the money to build him that huge building. I thought he was a great eye doctor and miss him, this Dr. Roberson had his own practice in Paris or someplace and has several Wal Mart stores. If anyone really wanted to se him they could have gone there. Dont seem like to me he needed another building. Just saying........
Donny

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2011
I think he has opened an office in Martin, not for sure but pretty positive.
just wondering

Dyersburg, TN

#3 Apr 6, 2011
He cant open anything he went bankrupt. He was working for someone else. Probably still is. Get you facts straight before posting.
Donny

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2011
just wondering wrote:
He cant open anything he went bankrupt. He was working for someone else. Probably still is. Get you facts straight before posting.
. I think means not for sure, no one said it was a fact.
just wondering

Dyersburg, TN

#5 Apr 6, 2011
OK I was just saying no offense. He was a great eye doctor and probably still is but lhe just couldnt get his llife in order so he walked into his own business with the help of his parents to having to work for someone else. That is too bad,,, Just saying......
Donny

United States

#6 Apr 7, 2011
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Apr 7, 2011
OK donny whoever you are he is working in Wal Mart whom he put down all the time. He does not have his own practice. And Wal Mart I believe is in Dr. Lee Nicholison's name not Dr. Woolverton. And did you notice in the write up the spelled his name wrong they spelled it with 1 o instead of 2. So I guess you are now advertiseing for Wal Mart.
just wondering

Dyersburg, TN

#8 Apr 7, 2011
Boy he looks more like his Dad everyday!!!
Donny

United States

#9 Apr 7, 2011
guest wrote:
OK donny whoever you are he is working in Wal Mart whom he put down all the time. He does not have his own practice. And Wal Mart I believe is in Dr. Lee Nicholison's name not Dr. Woolverton. And did you notice in the write up the spelled his name wrong they spelled it with 1 o instead of 2. So I guess you are now advertiseing for Wal Mart.
someone was wondering where he got off too. I didn't say he had his own building or nothing. I knew he was in Martin.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Apr 22, 2011
Well if he works at wal mart you might as well go to any wal mart because it is not a private practice. He had his own ever sice he got out of college and he talked about how private practice was so much better than cooperations. He talked about wal mart terrible. But Dr Nicoleson that got Dr. Woolvertons office at Humboldt works for wal mart too wouldnt that be a conflict of intrest? How can he do that? I think he is the one over the one in Martin too! Dr Woolvertons mom and dad would be so upset over this. His dad worked hard for that boy and they spent a lot of money on him to put him through school and in his own business. They would truly be hurt. Well looks ike Dr Nicholeson ended up with all his dads labor of love. How sad!!
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#11 Feb 7, 2012
Very sad has anyone heard that Dr. Woolverton passed away at the age of 51. It was very sudden he mysteriously passed away about 1a.m. on January 4th. It is under investigation. This is so tragic. He was a great eye doctor and will be truly missed.
Kelly Frazier

Cordova, TN

#12 Feb 8, 2012
I heard the same thing. So sad! He was not very old at all. I wonder what happened.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#13 Feb 8, 2012
Dont know yet it is under investigation he wasnt sick or anything. They ordered an autopsy and the results are not back yet.
guest

Trezevant, TN

#14 Feb 9, 2012
I hope the haters on here feel terrible talking about a man this way that has died. Shame on all of you haters.
In The News

Huntingdon, TN

#15 Feb 9, 2012
Nothing to be suspicious of here about his death. He had gotten his life back on track, was working and doing pretty good, him and his wife enjoying life. He had been sick for a few days, problem with his kidneys I believe, then suddenly got worse and his wife took him to the hospital but he didn't make it. RIP...Doc was a nice guy.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#16 Feb 10, 2012
In The News wrote:
Nothing to be suspicious of here about his death. He had gotten his life back on track, was working and doing pretty good, him and his wife enjoying life. He had been sick for a few days, problem with his kidneys I believe, then suddenly got worse and his wife took him to the hospital but he didn't make it. RIP...Doc was a nice guy.
Please dont post things that you know nothing about First of all he had NO wife he had been divorced almost 9 years. They slept in seperate rooms he still had his girlfriends and she had asked to move in an extra bedroom because she was having financial diffculties and she would keep houose for him. This is a know fact. He had not been sick he had been talking to his family and his nephew was going to him that week he died for an eye exam. And it is suspecious because there is a criminal investigation going on and they performed an autopsy that was ordered by the investigators and the coronor and is not completed yet. Dont let anyone fool you it wasnt that his wife you say (but ex-wife) was taking him to the hospital but it was too late. She wasnt taking him to the hospital it was something that happened that night and she never took him the paramedics came and took him. Why is it that so much false information gets posted on here. For everything I have said on here there are facts to back it up. It can certainly be proven. His EX-Wife never did anything to help him didnt even make sure he took his maintenance meds. Yes it is very sad he helped so many people with their eyes. He died way too young and it was tragic. It was very unexpected and he will be greatly missed. If nothing was suspected they sure wouldnt have ordeered an investigation and an autopsy they do not do that for no reason after all it cost the taxpayers a lot of money. I only hope all the truth comes out and it will.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#17 Feb 12, 2012
guest wrote:
I hope the haters on here feel terrible talking about a man this way that has died. Shame on all of you haters.
No one on here is being haters I believe just about everyone around Humboldt loved Doc Woolverton and I know he was an excellent eye doctor. I just know he shouldnt have died.
mcgee

Savannah, GA

#18 Feb 12, 2012
sad to hear wasn't he the guy that opened some fancy ewating place n jakson and then itjust happened to burn up cause it wassn't making the money?
Just The Facts

Huntingdon, TN

#19 Feb 12, 2012
mcgee wrote:
sad to hear wasn't he the guy that opened some fancy ewating place n jakson and then itjust happened to burn up cause it wassn't making the money?
The 'Cafe Lafayette' was pretty nice, but it came along at the height of what became his decline. I always heard that a disgruntled employee was behind the fire...I don't think he personally had anything to do with it burning. Doc was a good man, but like a lot of us, fell victim to our vices. RIP.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#20 Feb 12, 2012
I dont think Doc had anything to do with that he loved that restaurant and talked about it all the time. However his EX_WIFE that was his wife at the time was the co-owner manager at the time and yes that did start his decline. He put a lot of money in it and she would get drunk and hang all over the men in there and wasnt paying attention and it was getting in financial trouble and I think she had something to dko with the fire. JMO but I think she knew how to get them out of the situation. I dont think Doc would have ever taken that chance because he wouldnt want to loose his optometry license aand she on the other hand not having an education at all didnt have anything to lose. Doc was a good man and it is terrible that he is gone so young and whatever happened to lhim happened that night. We love you doc!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Humboldt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big hair blonde 3 hr crazydrunk 1
Strawberry Bowl on 22nd??? 3 hr Berry Man 2
2015 Srawberry Festival 3 hr Berry Man 6
April Rainey (Nov '13) 14 hr Bill 19
kris n jamie brown 18 hr Mary 41
Holly Hudson Thu lol 7
ghetto women using their kids! Thu know 4
More from around the web

Humboldt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]