how hard is it to get the g.e.d in tn?

Posted in the Humboldt Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#1 Aug 16, 2012
any advice? is it any easyer in another state?
joj

Medina, TN

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Go to trenton tn, EASY there.
lol
#3 Aug 16, 2012
How much does it cost?
some guy
#4 Aug 16, 2012
@ joj i did try that and the teacher was long winded and he confused me alot. any other advice please?

United States

#5 Aug 17, 2012
You could try the alamo adult education place..that's where my sister got hers.
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#6 Aug 17, 2012
ok ty
Jay

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 18, 2012
get you a book and study for it
not from here

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2012
Should have stayed in high school... no excuse for droping out.
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#9 Aug 18, 2012
ok not from here. thanks for judging me. i am sure your life is so perfect!
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#10 Aug 18, 2012
lol: i think it cost 60 bucks to take the test

Humboldt, TN

#11 Aug 18, 2012
Sign up for the classes to get you ready for the test. They are in the evening and they will really help you brush up.
bahahaha

United States

#12 Aug 19, 2012
Don't judge someone because they are getting their GED! Hell applaud him for actually trying to do something better for himself! Most people that drop out don't try to get their GED! It works just like a high school diploma does! You can get into college with a GED. I know that first hand! I received my GED when I was seventeen and guess who attends school at martin? This girl. I know plenty of people who graduated high school that aren't in college, have tons of kids, and still live with their parents! Have an excuse for them? So fuck you and your judgemental comments. Good for you man for trying to get your GED and good luck!
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#13 Aug 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
Sign up for the classes to get you ready for the test. They are in the evening and they will really help you brush up.
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#14 Aug 19, 2012
lol wrote:
How much does it cost?
60 bucks i think

Humboldt, TN

#15 Aug 19, 2012
I know they have classes in trenton and they used to have them at Humboldt High School. Just call the schools and they could probably tell you about the classes. Or the local unemployement agency would know. Good luck and cudos to you for going for it.
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#16 Aug 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
I know they have classes in trenton and they used to have them at Humboldt High School. Just call the schools and they could probably tell you about the classes. Or the local unemployement agency would know. Good luck and cudos to you for going for it.
tyvm. for the advice and confidence
ted

Monroe, LA

#17 Sep 10, 2012
murray ky is the easiest.
just graduated

Medina, TN

#18 Sep 11, 2012
Just freaking stay in school and get a high school diploma. It's not rocket science.
some guy

Humboldt, TN

#19 Sep 11, 2012
just graduated wrote:
Just freaking stay in school and get a high school diploma. It's not rocket science.
Yes i know that now. But i did quit. And now i am working on my ged. So some people never even do that much. so judge that
KACF

Cordova, TN

#20 Sep 19, 2012
To all the judgmental people that are commenting, don't talk if you don't know. A whole lot of older folks had to drop out of school even before they got to high school because they had to get a job and help contribute to the household.

Personally, I received my GED. Long story short, I got sick my junior year in high school and missed a lot of days of school and got way behind. I ended up failing because of it. I decided that, instead of graduating at 19 years old and watching all my friends graduate while I was still a junior, I would get my GED. At 17, I enrolled in GED classes that I attended for 4 hours everyday then went to work for the rest of the day, which was required to stay in the GED program. As soon as I turned 18 years old, I applied to take the GED test and passed it my first try, and I am just as intelligent as someone with a high school diploma.

DO NOT belittle and berate someone that is trying to better themselves. You have absolutely no idea what that person has had to endure in their lifetime. You are not perfect by any means. None of us are. We all make mistakes and we all face adversity, but what makes us better for it is when we are able to learn from our mistakes and show compassion to those around us.

Great job, some guy!!! You get that GED and keep your head up high!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Humboldt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emily Walker 1 hr ralffy 5
Donna Powell Taylor (Mar '17) Wed Viking94 8
News Tyson Foods: New facility in Tennessee to creat... Jan 15 Lawrence Wolf 85
Humboldt Officer Murders Black Man (Feb '09) Jan 15 RedPill 56
Bypass accident Jan 12 SpeedDemon 2
Torn between 2 women Jan 11 Sally 5
Tyson Food Jan 10 peach 11

Humboldt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance