Hulbert Police Face Audit

Apr 15, 2008 Read more: News on 6 Tulsa 44
State auditors are investigating the Hulbert Police Department after a former police officer questioned why certain tickets had been dismissed. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jim

Tulsa, OK

#1 Apr 15, 2008
this is common in most small towns and all of
them should be Investigated.
Especially Collinsville Police.
Jerry Powers USA

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Apr 15, 2008
Its no secret that the Police of Hulbert Oklahoma have taken advantage of U.S. drivers dating back to the later 9o's. This place goes beyound being called a SPEED TRAP.
I travel to Tahlequah often & because of the Police there, I take an alternate route. The town's loss because of $$$ lost in sales. The Cafe there has the best local food available anywhere in Oklahoma & I surly do miss stopping there.So, to the Police of Hulbert Oklahoma, Bravo!! You Won!!
james

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 15, 2008
how about Owasso
Bill Of Rights

Tahlequah, OK

#4 Apr 29, 2008
Hulbert also needs to checked up on the rumor mill is that they allow illegals who wrok fro tri-b nusrey to go free after a stop, because Tri-b has a understanding or deal with them. Plus ICE needs to shut down Tri-b for knowingly hiring illegals!!! Hulbert is a modern day dukes of hazzard with the police chief being boss hog!!
LaLaLa

United States

#5 May 13, 2008
LOL

“You'll get over it”

Since: May 08

The 918

#7 May 13, 2008
Moving violations have been the primary source of income for the city of Hulbert for decades. This is nothing new. The police will pull you over for any possible excuse... including improper sticker mounting on the license plate. Speed trap doesn't begin to describe Hulbert.
Bean

Tulsa, OK

#8 May 13, 2008
+1 speed trap.
Improperly marked/spaced speed limit signs plus it's the main source of revenue, equals police corruption.

I would almost suggest OHP take over patrolling but they arent much better being political patronage workers.
Bill Of Rights

Tahlequah, OK

#9 May 13, 2008
Jerry Powers USA wrote:
Its no secret that the Police of Hulbert Oklahoma have taken advantage of U.S. drivers dating back to the later 9o's. This place goes beyound being called a SPEED TRAP.
I travel to Tahlequah often & because of the Police there, I take an alternate route. The town's loss because of $$$ lost in sales. The Cafe there has the best local food available anywhere in Oklahoma & I surly do miss stopping there.So, to the Police of Hulbert Oklahoma, Bravo!! You Won!!
I can say I travel through Hulbert often and I have never been stopped there. I never wear my seatbelt,and most of the time I am over the speed limit. The place that does stop you is FtGibson!! they have moved up to speed trap level!!
Dave

Jenks, OK

#10 May 13, 2008
How do you trap someone to speed??? That cracks me up! Just cuz you did not see the speed signs due to your cell phone usage is not an excuse. Just obey the traffic regulations and the Police will not have any reason to stop you. Don't care about City revenue, but surely you are not suggesting that any Town allow unlawfullness to occur? Well then you crybabies would be complaining that the evil government did not protect you!!! WAA WAA Wear your belts and slow down!!!

“You'll get over it”

Since: May 08

The 918

#11 May 13, 2008
Dave wrote:
How do you trap someone to speed??? That cracks me up! Just cuz you did not see the speed signs due to your cell phone usage is not an excuse. Just obey the traffic regulations and the Police will not have any reason to stop you. Don't care about City revenue, but surely you are not suggesting that any Town allow unlawfullness to occur? Well then you crybabies would be complaining that the evil government did not protect you!!! WAA WAA Wear your belts and slow down!!!
Awesome post... full of intellegent and witty commentary. I would like to point out that there exists a lawful definition of "speed trap," and that definiton is intimately associated with the ratio of city income generated by traffic tickets. I realize that you don't care, as you so elequently pointed out... but it is worth at least considering. I would also like to point out the fact that a law has been passed that takes away a town's ability to collect traffic fines, should it prove to be a "speed trap" from a legal standpoint. Don't let that stop you from calling anyone who disagrees with... whatever point you were trying to make... if there was a point... a crybaby.
Medick

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 May 17, 2008
well the state seems to think that they "trap"
& everyone else just thinks they suck
Waterbug

Tulsa, OK

#13 May 18, 2008
Hulbert along with all the other gazillion small towns in Oklahoma know exactly what the "speed trap" law is, and they also know that it is a very rare case that anything is ever done about it other than a slap on the wrist (if even that much). Even when they knowingly venture outside their annex to write tickets, they are told no more than to "stop doing that".

As to why they are under investigation of dismissed tickets? It's probably a case of letting the towns "good ol boys" (and family members) off the hook, but nailing anyone else to the wall.

Personally, I think they shouldn't be able to affix fines for more than $1 per mile over the limit. 5 miles over in most towns is around $130.00. To me that should fall under "excessive fines" in the Bill of Rights.
Angry

Tahlequah, OK

#14 Oct 19, 2008
Bean wrote:
+1 speed trap.
Improperly marked/spaced speed limit signs plus it's the main source of revenue, equals police corruption.
I would almost suggest OHP take over patrolling but they arent much better being political patronage workers.
I've been pulled over twice there. The first time was because I didn't signal when I passed someone going out of the town and the second for going 5over the speed limit and an illegal pass. He said it was a legal pass when I started, but once I was over, it was illegal. He said he gave me a break and didn't give me a ticket for speeding, but was giving me a $100 ticket for the illegal pass!
Jimbo

Edmond, OK

#15 Oct 19, 2008
Since nobody stops at red light anymore why stop anyone?
Medick

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Oct 20, 2008
2 people have died there from MVC's in the last month.
I thought tickets keep this from happening???
Hombre

Edmond, OK

#17 Oct 21, 2008
Traffic traps are just job security.
Thirston

Mcalester, OK

#18 Oct 21, 2008
These little towns are going hogwild writing tickets in there Bush paid for homeland security Dodge Charger police cars,,Holy Open Borders.
Terra

Hulbert, OK

#19 Sep 25, 2009
First of all, my dad is a Hulbert cop, he does not stop you unless you are going 10 over, or doing something illegal, and if that is the case, get over it, you broke the law it is your own stupidity, pay the fine and stop whining around. It is their job, you do your job and let them do theirs. Go through downtown Tahlequah and tell me what the speed limit is, hmm 35? Just like Hulbert. Police protect you, you should be lucky to have people like them, they put their lives on the line everyday, my dad puts his life on the line everyday for you people that cant stop complaining about them, you never know when you might need a police officer. Grow up just a little bit, you guys are all adults and know the rules, if you break them you face consequences, just like if your child lied to you, they would get punished. Dont break the law and you would have nothing to complain about. k?
William

Tulsa, OK

#20 May 24, 2010
Holebut is a joke. Those hick cops love to harrass law abiding citizensand you know it. I have been pulled over twice with no citation ever issued and piggy boy never could give a solid reason for the contacts. Cops usually mirror the citizens of their town and boy do they ever in Holebut. If you have been pulled over or live in Holebut,you know I am right.
BadAss

Tahlequah, OK

#21 Jun 6, 2010
been pulled over for being native on a friday night there. harrased about windshield visor tent 2 inches to low. officer tool belt is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hulbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Adair (Jun '11) Apr 13 abc12312 70
carla fallen angel (Nov '13) Apr 11 Tahlequahman 5
Who Knows Jose Glez Gonzalez (Apr '14) Apr 9 ccc 5
Northeastern Athletic Hall of Fame (Aug '13) Apr 9 summer 4
Tammy Hamby (Jul '12) Apr 9 summer 6
PAGEANT*Tahlequah,Ok* May 5*Girls 0-18*Today’s ... (Apr '12) Apr 8 Terri Dueboay 3
keys superintendent is a joke Apr 7 whats up 7
More from around the web

Hulbert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]