Review: MR. Plumber
kgnickels

United States

#1 Dec 25, 2012
Had a stoppage suddenly with family there, called the first I found in the yellow pages.
Was told there would be double charge for everything .. I said OK, what do you say?
Was told trip out there would be double, so the mileage charge alone would be $198.
Again, with company here for dinner and overnight, what do you say other than OK.
So, when they were 2 miles from my house I discovered that what I had was just a sink disposer stop up, and cleared it myself in 5 minutes, ran water in shower, all working and flushing. So I told them when they called for final directions that all was OK. The man and his son did not do anything, I showed them that all was fine now. So they charged me for a double service all on top of the double mileage, total of $398. Yep. They drove 20 minutes each way and made $398. A very merry Christmas to Mr. Plumber and son Michael. They said they were sorry they had to charge that much?! mmhmmm I could see they very quite sorry.
Grinch

Tulsa, OK

#2 Dec 26, 2012
I looked up mr plumber and it says they give out "Free" estimates. It seems like their coming out should of been part of the free estimate they advertise. Plus it was X Mas and they sure dont seem like a company I or my friends will ever call on. I would write a review about them and post it on their page
Crakalac

Cedar Park, TX

#3 Jan 16, 2013
kgnickels wrote:
Had a stoppage suddenly with family there, called the first I found in the yellow pages.
Was told there would be double charge for everything .. I said OK, what do you say?
Was told trip out there would be double, so the mileage charge alone would be $198.
Again, with company here for dinner and overnight, what do you say other than OK.
So, when they were 2 miles from my house I discovered that what I had was just a sink disposer stop up, and cleared it myself in 5 minutes, ran water in shower, all working and flushing. So I told them when they called for final directions that all was OK. The man and his son did not do anything, I showed them that all was fine now. So they charged me for a double service all on top of the double mileage, total of $398. Yep. They drove 20 minutes each way and made $398. A very merry Christmas to Mr. Plumber and son Michael. They said they were sorry they had to charge that much?! mmhmmm I could see they very quite sorry.
Sounds like you need to start your own plumbing service, that way you can get paged out on Christmas, tell them exactly what it's gonna cost to come out, then go to the dummy's house only to find out it was a false alarm, then you can just write it off and go back home to your Christmas dinner and wait for the pager to go off again.
Grinch

Coweta, OK

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Crakalac wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you need to start your own plumbing service, that way you can get paged out on Christmas, tell them exactly what it's gonna cost to come out, then go to the dummy's house only to find out it was a false alarm, then you can just write it off and go back home to your Christmas dinner and wait for the pager to go off again.
That is exactly the way I would do it even especially since they advertise free estimates. Plus it was X mas wasn't like you had a full day of work planned anyway. Plus it was X mas which would make me even more sure I would help out
Crakalac

Tulsa, OK

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Grinch wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the way I would do it even especially since they advertise free estimates. Plus it was X mas wasn't like you had a full day of work planned anyway. Plus it was X mas which would make me even more sure I would help out
Well shucks, go get your plumbing liscense and hang out your shingle! Get started! Show u's how to do it!
Grinch

Coweta, OK

#6 Jan 18, 2013
I have a job similar to this. Mostly there are no emergencies and it is something that can usually wait. But there are times things happen and must be fixed or looked at to make sure it is not dangerous. I will go out any time of day(or send someone out) and check it out, fix it then with permission, say what needs to be fixed and give an estimate or advice. It's how you grow business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hulbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Range Rover in tahlequah today 1 hr local33 1
Tahlequah Snitches Apr 15 doctor 5
News Oklahoma teacher walkout: Day 6 and no end in s... Apr 10 Dan 1
why do Cherokees in N.C. get $8,000 Checks and ... (Jul '15) Apr 5 Sitting Bull 10
who's that girl that works at the gas station b... (Apr '13) Mar 31 Nice 3
Max muthafuckin Travis (Jul '16) Mar '18 Anonymous 3
Melissa Robbins (Jan '17) Mar '18 Jdoo 7

Hulbert Jobs

Personal Finance

Hulbert Mortgages