Lost City Residents Oppose Annexation

Full story: News on 6 Tulsa

Voters in one Cherokee County community are not giving up on their school just yet.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Blueiizs

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

This is why Oklahoma has one of the worst educational systems in the nation. There are way too many districts with too few children to justify keeping them open. There is no money for materials, programs or teachers. We keep cutting programs and lose good teachers to other states, but there is always money for football and administrators. We need to consolidate school districts and fund our educational system. Come on Oklahoma-let's get out of the dark age.
DJD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

I agree this is a bad idea. Not only do you keep a school open that has no money for educational materials and cannot give their students the same opportunities that other schools offer, but the school will (and currently does) lose students frequently into neighboring larger schools, which are then stressed with the burden of supplying education to kids that they are receiving no funding for. Forget the "loyalty" to your tiny school and do what is best for the district's kids@
Blueiizs wrote:
This is why Oklahoma has one of the worst educational systems in the nation. There are way too many districts with too few children to justify keeping them open. There is no money for materials, programs or teachers. We keep cutting programs and lose good teachers to other states, but there is always money for football and administrators. We need to consolidate school districts and fund our educational system. Come on Oklahoma-let's get out of the dark age.
Lost City Mom

Tahlequah, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

DJD wrote:
I agree this is a bad idea. Not only do you keep a school open that has no money for educational materials and cannot give their students the same opportunities that other schools offer, but the school will (and currently does) lose students frequently into neighboring larger schools, which are then stressed with the burden of supplying education to kids that they are receiving no funding for. Forget the "loyalty" to your tiny school and do what is best for the district's kids@
<quoted text>
I disagree. I have 3 children in Lost City School district. Not only are we currently gaining children in our school system, we also have parents who were waiting to see what happened with the vote before they make a decision about sending their children here. Small schools make a big difference in a childs education. We have smaller classrooms which means our children get more individual help from their teachers. I have had my children in a large school district and nothing compares to the environment they are in now. Unless you have had your child in a smaller school setting you can't really comment on what is a better educational environment. Our school has been here 106 years. Our community is held together by our school. We consider ourselves one big family and we want to stay that way.
Susan

Tahlequah, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

I disagree.
I am a student from Lost City School.
I wish for the school the best this year, I know the money is lost but you know we can get that back when we get more grants.
I really could care less what you have to say about the school.
You don't go there and who cares.
To me I think Hulbert is crap and they don't deserve Lost City kids.
I think Lost City derseves more than Hulbert ever would.
You mite disagree but really I could care less.
Accept it or deny I really don't care.
Beautiful Cryer..x
LC n-d- n

Tahlequah, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Blueiizs wrote:
thank you for justifing that . this is true because they have all this money foe all kinds of sprots in schools but no for the materials the teachers and students need
LC n-d- n

Tahlequah, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

DJD wrote:
<quoted text>
when you do this you take a part of history and the good times that have happened here away so keep it open and we will overcome this !!!!!!!!!!1

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hulbert Discussions

Search the Hulbert Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 14 min DoesntMatter 69,424
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Wed Max 2,579
jamie dawn everly (Jan '14) Tue somphenReal101 8
Tahlequah man charged with murder (Sep '10) Jul 7 Mick 11
amandan johnson (May '13) Jul 5 TA Kidd 7
Tony Dickson (Nov '13) Jul 5 Person that Care 2
jamie duffield (Nov '13) Jul 5 you know 3
•••
•••
•••
Hulbert Dating

more search filters

less search filters