Hulbert Teenager Battling H1N1 Virus

Hulbert Teenager Battling H1N1 Virus

There are 15 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 22, 2010, titled Hulbert Teenager Battling H1N1 Virus. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A teenager in Hulbert is one of the first cases of H1N1 in Oklahoma this flu season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

Kathy

Scottsdale, AZ

#1 Sep 22, 2010
I recommend that everyone have the H1N1 vaccine. I took it last year and experienced no side affects at all. Injection site did not even get sore. Better than having the flu.
catfish

Sapulpa, OK

#3 Sep 22, 2010
dang....

if i could lose 21 pounds in3 weeks... it would be wonderful.
Geez

Tulsa, OK

#4 Sep 22, 2010
Yeah well, it never fails for me-everytime I breakdown and decide to get a flu shot, I get the flu. No thanks for me!
mika

Fayetteville, AR

#5 Sep 22, 2010
For those of us who have already had H1N1, will the shot cause issues when we get the yearly flu shot?

This girl isn't joking...H1N1 actually hurts, not a slight ache or pain, tremendous pain. You can't eat, you can barely drink because your throat hurts so much. I know they say that you shouldn't cool yourself, but when your temperature gets above 104*, having an ice pack under the back of your neck really helps.
commonsense

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2010
I don't fully believe this my better half had it last year and no one else at home got it and the doctor gave nothing and said only come back if get worse and didn't so I wonder.
someone who knows

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2010
Kathy wrote:
I recommend that everyone have the H1N1 vaccine. I took it last year and experienced no side affects at all. Injection site did not even get sore. Better than having the flu.
Your lucky that you didn't have any side affects. 1 out of every 10,000 people that have the shot will have serious side affects. Some will have very serious life changing and sometimes fatal affects. There are dangers to consider, I recommend that you read the papers that they have you sign when you take the shot and be aware of what can happen. I for one will never take a flu shot again because I have personally seen what can happen if you are not one of the "lucky" ones. Trust me the flu is much better.
wow

Tahlequah, OK

#8 Sep 23, 2010
misti you can get through this were all praying for you.
Michael

Kingfisher, OK

#9 Sep 23, 2010
Oklahomans need to get vaccinated especially if you have a compromised immune system. This is not a type of flu you want to fool around with. Remember to wash your hands frequently.
BA woman

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Sep 23, 2010
HAVING A FAMILY OF 5 AND THE FLU SHOTS BEING $25.00.I CAN'T AFFORD THE FLU SHOTS AND I HAVE LUPUS AND HAD 16 SURGERIES IN 6 YRS AND I TAKE 14 MEDS A MONTH.PLUS ALL MY MED BILLS AND I GO TO THE DOCTERS ALEAST 4XS A MONTH AND WE HAVE INS BUT WE PAY $600.00 A MONTH FOR IT AND WE LIVE ON 1 INCOME.THEY NEED TO WORK WITH PEOPLE ON THE COST.
tulsa gal

Atlanta, GA

#11 Sep 23, 2010
BA woman wrote:
HAVING A FAMILY OF 5 AND THE FLU SHOTS BEING $25.00.I CAN'T AFFORD THE FLU SHOTS AND I HAVE LUPUS AND HAD 16 SURGERIES IN 6 YRS AND I TAKE 14 MEDS A MONTH.PLUS ALL MY MED BILLS AND I GO TO THE DOCTERS ALEAST 4XS A MONTH AND WE HAVE INS BUT WE PAY $600.00 A MONTH FOR IT AND WE LIVE ON 1 INCOME.THEY NEED TO WORK WITH PEOPLE ON THE COST.
If you have lupus, you should get it for free from the health department or your Dr's office.... I have lupus and have never had to pay for it since I was diagnosed. I always get it when they do the clinic at the fair grounds. I just have to bring documentation from my Dr that I have SLE and they dont make me pay. I think you can get it free at Walgreens too.
ft gibson

Tahlequah, OK

#12 Sep 23, 2010
catfish wrote:
dang....
if i could lose 21 pounds in3 weeks... it would be wonderful.
LOL i was thinking the same thing! that would be wonderful to lose that much! BUT yeah it would be awful to get sick. i had H1N1 shot last year and never got sick. no side effects or anything.
ft gibson

Tahlequah, OK

#13 Sep 23, 2010
wow wrote:
misti you can get through this were all praying for you.
Im praying for you
nurseMary

United States

#14 Sep 23, 2010
Flu shots are now available at most Walmart stores.
wondering

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Sep 24, 2010
I hope that they recover quickly. But, if I was the news person or the camera man, I wouldn't want to go in to that house right now and be exposed!
Liz

Tulsa, OK

#16 Oct 4, 2010
someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lucky that you didn't have any side affects. 1 out of every 10,000 people that have the shot will have serious side affects. Some will have very serious life changing and sometimes fatal affects. There are dangers to consider, I recommend that you read the papers that they have you sign when you take the shot and be aware of what can happen. I for one will never take a flu shot again because I have personally seen what can happen if you are not one of the "lucky" ones. Trust me the flu is much better.
And thousands of people die each year from the flu. Not to mention the costs related to missed work, medication, hospitalization, etc. I'll get the shot, thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hulbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is matlock (Apr '14) Aug 22 918fub 2
News Chouteau Educator Jailed On Sex Abuse Complaint (Aug '09) Aug 21 Augusta Jackson 221
College town full of idiots! Aug 19 BigMoney 1
Danielle Russell? (Jan '14) Aug 11 killswitch 6
Fun older woman ! Aug 4 Local33 4
Fatal police shooting Aug 1 Mrstravis 8
Searching for EARL MAX TRAVIS (Nov '13) Aug 1 Mrstravis 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hulbert Mortgages