First Prev
of 15
Next Last
jess

Litchfield, MN

#1 Oct 7, 2011
Should he stay or go?
curious

Ulysses, KS

#2 Oct 7, 2011
GO Go GOOOOOOOOOOO
Yardbird

Hays, KS

#3 Oct 9, 2011
He is tough, but fair. He should stay.
yea

Ulysses, KS

#4 Oct 10, 2011
I agree that he should stay! He is good for our Community.
TFL

Ulysses, KS

#5 Oct 10, 2011
Yes? No? I think the more important question would be why. Either way, I don't care, just justify your answer.
really think about it

Ulysses, KS

#6 Oct 11, 2011
Stay. Forward looking, energetic, responsive, thorough. Seems to have integrity, but no personal dealings, so this is only an impression.
not a fan

Satanta, KS

#7 Oct 11, 2011
he should leave. he does not listen to the public, its his way or no way. he is unfair and seems to think he is better than others
Jayhawker

Moran, KS

#8 Oct 13, 2011
He is cleaning up a lot of old problems. Unpopular, but necessary. I like him.
just me

Moscow, KS

#10 Oct 13, 2011
I agree, he needs to go. He is not fair to most of the people. I think he does more harm than good. So, is he considering a leave?
Just saying

Hugoton, KS

#11 Oct 17, 2011
He needs to go. This was only a stepping stone for him all along. Nobody like him wants to stay in Ulysses. He makes that very clear with the things he says also. He has a very dark side and no anger management! His has no integrity or moral compass. He will say one thing to you and turn right around and stab you in the back. He may be smart and good at what he does, but at what cost? There are lots of smart people out there who are also good, caring individuals and would develop a loyalty to Ulysses. Why should we settle for less as a community?
Hmmmmmmmm

Wichita, KS

#12 Oct 19, 2011
I guess the real question is "how long can a person(s) be manipulated before they finally realize they are being manipulated?"

With the exception of one council member, there appears to be only one member asking questions.

The rest think they are doing a hell of a job.
What the Hmmmmm

Ulysses, KS

#13 Oct 19, 2011
I assume you are talking about Dan and the rest of the council.
Just exactly what are the hard hitting questions Dan is asking?
Daron is a good guy, Dan is a pathetic joke. He came in third in a 4 person race, only beating the other guy by 80+ votes. Who was the other guy? No one remembers.
Chris

Danbury, CT

#14 Oct 20, 2011
If you want to see how well he treats his employees just go into City Hall today. He has an 80 year old lady running the front office all alone! He has done a terrible job with management!
Hmmmmmmmm

Wichita, KS

#15 Oct 21, 2011
What the Hmmmmm wrote:
I assume you are talking about Dan and the rest of the council.
Just exactly what are the hard hitting questions Dan is asking?
Daron is a good guy, Dan is a pathetic joke. He came in third in a 4 person race, only beating the other guy by 80+ votes. Who was the other guy? No one remembers.
Challenge him....piss him off....and see what happens. I have friends that are / were employees. I don't consider his management style acceptable. There's a big difference between fear and respect. If your employees fear you, because of your rants and threats, that's not what I consider a "good guy".

As for Dan, he's no friend of mine, but he's the only council member that is questioning Daren's management style. I don't agree with everything he says or does, but he appears to try to do the right thing even if he might not be capable.

As for the rest of the council, they need to learn to lead. Do they even make an attempt to find out what's going on? Are they showing any leadership? Or are they just letting Daren lead them? I'd think that when they lose a few employees they would hear some of the same stories that I do. Have they contacted anyone that is gone to ask them what happened? Do they care?......Or does Daren have them convinced that they are doing such a good job they don't think questions are necessary?

One thing is sure....the existing employees won't talk. They are afraid to.
really think about it

Ulysses, KS

#16 Oct 21, 2011
Hmmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Challenge him....piss him off....and see what happens. I have friends that are / were employees. I don't consider his management style acceptable. There's a big difference between fear and respect. If your employees fear you, because of your rants and threats, that's not what I consider a "good guy".
As for Dan, he's no friend of mine, but he's the only council member that is questioning Daren's management style. I don't agree with everything he says or does, but he appears to try to do the right thing even if he might not be capable.
As for the rest of the council, they need to learn to lead. Do they even make an attempt to find out what's going on? Are they showing any leadership? Or are they just letting Daren lead them? I'd think that when they lose a few employees they would hear some of the same stories that I do. Have they contacted anyone that is gone to ask them what happened? Do they care?......Or does Daren have them convinced that they are doing such a good job they don't think questions are necessary?
One thing is sure....the existing employees won't talk. They are afraid to.
Oh, really? I have personally talked with several city employees, recently, and there seems to be no "fear" in any. Are you privvy to some information that the rest of us don't have? Can you name any names, so we can check this out for ourselves?

As for the council members letting Daron (you can't even spell his name correctly) "...convinc[e] them that they are doing such a good job.......", you should really check your sources a little more closely (assuming you actually have any sources). Seems a little fishy that you and 10 other people (maybe) are the ONLY people who "hear" these things.

Finally, as for "Dan['s]... the only council member questioning Daron's (spelling correct, here) management style"......do you mean in a council meeting? In private? In Executive Session? On the street? What is your source for this statement? It is extremely difficult, of not impossible, to refute your "facts", without knowing the source and/or context of your accusations.

Councilman Widder beat/eliminated an "unknown" opponent, a person who did NO campaining, while Councilman Widder campained almost non-stop, by about 80 votes. We shall see how the next election, in which Councilman Widder participates, ends up.
blake

Holcomb, KS

#17 Oct 22, 2011
really think about it<<< you probably are daron!
kitty

Moscow, KS

#18 Oct 25, 2011
Guess the council loves him our tax increase gave him a Very large raise.......
Not Daron

Ulysses, KS

#19 Oct 25, 2011
Who cares anyway. If it is 8 votes or 8000 votes, a win is a win. All it takes is one vote. Dan was unknown and ran against Alford and Alford only beat him by 50 some votes. Dan won Grant and Stanton County. The main thing here is what have you done besides sit around in your underwear and post on topix and tear people down. Have you ever run for office? Not an easy thing to do and anybody who puts themselves out there and serve the public should be admired. So group up. Get a job, run for office and hen see how you like being torn down on topix. You are a coward.
really think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really? I have personally talked with several city employees, recently, and there seems to be no "fear" in any. Are you privvy to some information that the rest of us don't have? Can you name any names, so we can check this out for ourselves?
As for the council members letting Daron (you can't even spell his name correctly) "...convinc[e] them that they are doing such a good job.......", you should really check your sources a little more closely (assuming you actually have any sources). Seems a little fishy that you and 10 other people (maybe) are the ONLY people who "hear" these things.
Finally, as for "Dan['s]... the only council member questioning Daron's (spelling correct, here) management style"......do you mean in a council meeting? In private? In Executive Session? On the street? What is your source for this statement? It is extremely difficult, of not impossible, to refute your "facts", without knowing the source and/or context of your accusations.
Councilman Widder beat/eliminated an "unknown" opponent, a person who did NO campaining, while Councilman Widder campained almost non-stop, by about 80 votes. We shall see how the next election, in which Councilman Widder participates, ends up.
Jayhawker

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Oct 25, 2011
Daron came into office and was immediately confronted with a LOT of issues - personnel and otherwise. The council wanted the problems fixed, and that is what Daron has been doing. Not always popular, but necessary. And he and the council can't always present their side of the case, but they generally have good reasons for what they do.
Very Interesting

Wimberley, TX

#21 Nov 1, 2011
Blake...I think you hit the nail on the head. Little doubt that Daren (It pisses off control freaks when you mis-spell their name)is "really think about it". Who else would "personally talk" with all of the "others" and profess to the world that there is "no fear". It will be hard for him to come on and deny that he (Daren) isn't "really think about it" and seem like anything but an idiot for even reading the Ulysses Topix. But, people like Daren can't really help themselves......so let's see what he posts yet.

Also, I hear that Daren really hates Dan...An it appears you can read it in the way that "really think about it" writes........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hugoton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge assigned to murder case in Stanton County... (Oct '06) Sep 17 Realist 1,167
The lady at NAPA Sep 12 Cancer 2
Fart sex Aug '17 Ella 3
Save an interesting link here! (Nov '11) Aug '17 Lawnmower repairs 152
Cop dating teenager Jul '17 Assquatch 2
Pioneer telephone is blocking Magic Jack phone ... (Jul '10) Jul '17 dchestnut6 24
Which color of power ranger is best???? (Nov '07) Jun '17 Assquatch 11

Hugoton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hugoton Mortgages