Woman severely injured after her SUV ...

Woman severely injured after her SUV lands in pond in Hugo

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 10, 2010, titled Woman severely injured after her SUV lands in pond in Hugo. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A 42-year-old Lino Lakes woman was severely injured Saturday afternoon when her SUV veered deep into a retention pond in suburban Hugo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My thoughts

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 10, 2010
exactly....Washington Co. divers?...deputies, state patrol, police, fire dept. or good Samaritans?
Cindy Stainker

Flemington, MO

#3 Apr 10, 2010
I hope the woman recovers and she can tell authorities what happened.
Adam

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 10, 2010
Hey, Meh - maybe her family reads this and you should be a little more respectful.
Dont Drive

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 10, 2010
First Ford

Now

Toyota,

And Again Ford?
Wow

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 10, 2010
Meh.......... Nice comment douchebag.......... RIP God Bless her family
Cindy Stainker

Flemington, MO

#7 Apr 10, 2010
Cindy Stainker wrote:
I hope the woman recovers and she can tell authorities what happened.
I'm sorry to read the lady did not survive. Rest in Peace.
LBJ

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 10, 2010
Are they going to prosecute the SUV? Are there witnesses who can identify the suspect SUV. Will there be a lineup? "just tell us which one did it, don't worry, it's a two way mirror. The SUV can't see you."
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Apr 10, 2010
SUV'S -- BAD BAD BAD ! A PRIUS WOULD HAVE FLOATED LONGER , BUT MAY HAVE CAUSED ELECTROCUTION AND THEN ALL THAT BATTERY GUNK ,LEAD ETC. IN THE WATER, OH NOOOOO !---- OR COULD HAVE ACCELERATED UNCONTROLLABLE AND STILL BE GOING TILL THE BATTERIES DIED , OH NOOOO

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

#10 Apr 11, 2010
I drove through the area as the ambulance left. The rescue attempt was massive! There were emergency vehicles from several townships there, and were still coming from the south as I headed down Hwy 61. I hope the family knows what measures were taken to rescue her, and it provides some comfort.

Since: Mar 10

STP

#12 Apr 11, 2010
How sad! I saw the story on the news last night and at that point they were saying she was alive and recovering at the hospital... I was shocked when I opened this up!
Racin Randy

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 11, 2010
rest in peace.
Cindy Stainker

Asheville, NC

#13 Apr 11, 2010
lexibone wrote:
How sad! I saw the story on the news last night and at that point they were saying she was alive and recovering at the hospital... I was shocked when I opened this up!
I read the original story here, and a short time later when I returned to Topix I read that she had died. It is sad that she did not survive, my condolences to her family.
Darius

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 11, 2010
felix, LBJ

The two of you seem to think that your really funny.. But you wouldn't be laughing if this was one of your loved ones. How about a little respect? This is no joke, a life was lost. This woman will never smile, or cry, or laugh again. Her life ended... And all you can think of is trying to crack a joke? When your time comes, and it will. I hope that the ones that hear of your end are mature enough to treat you with the respect that you lack.
LBJ

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 11, 2010
Darius wrote:
felix, LBJ
The two of you seem to think that your really funny.. But you wouldn't be laughing if this was one of your loved ones. How about a little respect? This is no joke, a life was lost. This woman will never smile, or cry, or laugh again. Her life ended... And all you can think of is trying to crack a joke? When your time comes, and it will. I hope that the ones that hear of your end are mature enough to treat you with the respect that you lack.
Kiss off Darius. I wasn't laughing about the death of a person. It's sad. That's a given. My comment was directed at the lefty anti-SUV media's need to ALWAYS mention when an SUV is involved in an accident, even when the type of vehicle involved has no bearing on the story. But since you brought it up I'd like to say also how trite and transparent it is for strangers to post how sad they feel about someones death they've never even met. It's shallow and it's lame. It's almost like a competition for some of these posters to show how much they care, when they have no idea whatsoever how the real people involved are coping. So why pretend? If you a need to tell the whole world how sad you are, why not drive over to the local funeral home and start mingling with the bereaved, and telling them in person. Or better yet, let the bereaved grieve in private and say a silent prayer instead. Because your feelings don't really matter to those involved and now is probably not a great time to seek attention.
Bryan Hamilton

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Apr 11, 2010
Hugo Firefighters rescued the woman, not the dive team.
MnDOT Success

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Apr 11, 2010
MnDOT keeps constructing these DEEP RETENTION ponds along highways.

AND vehicles end up in them DAHHH, Hey daffy I wonder what caused that????
Phil

Bethel, MN

#18 Apr 11, 2010
LBJ: No one here was spouting off about SUV's. No one asked nor wants to hear about your opinions on this subject.
Meh

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 11, 2010
Told ya.
joe blow

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 11, 2010
Those pesky SUV's. They should be outlawed because they are killing all kinds of people.
Water Traps

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Apr 11, 2010
Water traps are OK on golf courses but along roads and highways they are fatal.

MnDOT keeps on building them, phocking idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hugo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Jun 21 PhoneyChurch 141
New restaurant office Bristol Mar '17 Hairless food plz 3
News Police Responded to White Bear Lake Home 49 Tim... (Aug '15) Dec '16 Drama queen ice 7
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Nov '16 citizen for a bet... 2
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News North/east news briefs: Coon Rapids rewrites ya... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Pleasant Valley S... 1

Hugo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hugo Mortgages