Firefighters battling fire at Hugo re...

Firefighters battling fire at Hugo restaurant

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 3, 2010, titled Firefighters battling fire at Hugo restaurant. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Firefighters are battling a major blaze at a downtown Hugo restaurant. A report of a fire at Carpenter's Steak House, 14559 Forest Blvd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Jan 4, 2010
Grandmaster G wrote:
Does anyone else think it's funny how the P.Press is adding to the number of comments made? what a joke. Leave them at the real numbers. 12 people read the paper, four of us express our views and four comment on the views. But just over night the numbers are ten fold.... HA!
I commented on the very same thing a couple of days ago. Chalked it up to Topix experiencing a 2010YK issue!!
BearManNorth

AOL

#26 Jan 4, 2010
mrs c wrote:
I hope they will be able to rebuild. Times are tuff !!!
Oh, they`ll rebuild alright. They had already got permission to construct a new building near Egg Lake. They would have had to tear this one down, mainly because of it`s location, and the fact it is a wore out make-shift building from the 1880s. The demolition costs are now saved, and insurance will help in the new construction at the new site. Who`s kidding who here?
jgb

North Branch, MN

#27 Jan 4, 2010
My first job was at that place. It was called Tilroy's (Tillie and Roy Nadeau owned it) then later sold it to Carpenter.
It was like working for family and the food was GREAT!! Lot of good memories.
Yo Ma

United States

#28 Jan 4, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Vinnie, I second your first thoughts and add an 'Amen!' as those firefighters are working in the most brutal cold we've had in a while. I hope someone is providing them some hot coffee while they stay on-sight to fight the blaze.
That's,'on-site', Birdist.

Agree on the respect for firefighters.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#29 Jan 4, 2010
Yo Ma wrote:
<quoted text>
That's,'on-site', Birdist.
Agree on the respect for firefighters.
Whoops! Right you are , Yo, thanks for the correction!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#30 Jan 4, 2010
Umguana Kikbuti: Probably the best handle ever. LOL
anonymous

Sioux Falls, SD

#31 Jan 11, 2010
where are all the losers going to hang out at now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hugo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Apr 21 Chris 139
New restaurant office Bristol Mar '17 Hairless food plz 3
News Police Responded to White Bear Lake Home 49 Tim... (Aug '15) Dec '16 Drama queen ice 7
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Nov '16 citizen for a bet... 2
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News North/east news briefs: Coon Rapids rewrites ya... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Pleasant Valley S... 1

Hugo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hugo Mortgages