Firefighters battling fire at Hugo re...

Firefighters battling fire at Hugo restaurant

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 3, 2010, titled Firefighters battling fire at Hugo restaurant. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Firefighters are battling a major blaze at a downtown Hugo restaurant. A report of a fire at Carpenter's Steak House, 14559 Forest Blvd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BearManNorth

AOL

#1 Jan 3, 2010
The bank notes and insurance papers were making love in the office desk drawer, and the sparks just flew..........
Vinnie Barbarino

Barron, WI

#2 Jan 3, 2010
Hope everyone stays healthy.
Fed up

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2010
Stopped in there two summers ago, got caught in the rain on the motorcycle. Walked inside, it looked and felt like a firetrap. Went back outside and stood in the rain. It felt better.
Ghost Writer

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jan 3, 2010
The fire is not out yet and you goof-balls are already bad-mouthing a holiday tragedy. What if it was your place afire? How would you feel if ignoramuses bad mouthed your predicament?
r peltier

Long Lake, MN

#5 Jan 3, 2010
Good riddance to one butt ugly landmark
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 3, 2010
must need the ins. cash to build the new dump
Dr Kildare

Burnsville, MN

#9 Jan 3, 2010
I will bring the hot dogs, you bring the marshmallows and buns
Vinnie Barbarino

Barron, WI

#10 Jan 3, 2010
By the negative ratings I received, somebody on here wants firemen and other people to get hurt?
Angel

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jan 3, 2010
This place was a dump! Stopped through a few times and on two different occasions they tried to charge my tab more than I actually ordered! There is more than one way to make a buck huh Carpenters?
IRISHMN

United States

#12 Jan 3, 2010
Vinnie Barbarino wrote:
Hope everyone stays healthy.
Vinnie, your not from WI. so change your ip adresse, your embarassing us over here.
Smokey

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jan 3, 2010
Why do most restaurant fires happen early Sunday morning?
ole

United States

#15 Jan 3, 2010
holy craparino, i thought that old shack was abandoned, you mean they actually sold steak there
MN Observer

Tempe, AZ

#17 Jan 3, 2010
Ghost Writer wrote:
The fire is not out yet and you goof-balls are already bad-mouthing a holiday tragedy. What if it was your place afire? How would you feel if ignoramuses bad mouthed your predicament?
Holiday tragedy? It's too bad for those that owned the place or worked there, but the holidays are over. It would have been a holiday tragedy a week ago.
So Sad

Wartburg, TN

#18 Jan 3, 2010
Even though Carpenter's didn't have the best decor, the did have some of the best steaks around.
I hope they rebuild so when my husband and I visit, we can go there for another great melt in your mouth steak dinner.
Vinnie Barbarino

Barron, WI

#19 Jan 3, 2010
IRISHMN wrote:
<quoted text>Vinnie, your not from WI. so change your ip adresse, your embarassing us over here.
Bite me.
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jan 3, 2010
Vinnie Barbarino wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me.
YUK

“Here I come to save the Day!”

Since: Jan 09

Gothem city

#21 Jan 3, 2010
Does anyone else think it's funny how the P.Press is adding to the number of comments made? what a joke. Leave them at the real numbers. 12 people read the paper, four of us express our views and four comment on the views. But just over night the numbers are ten fold.... HA!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#22 Jan 3, 2010
Vinnie Barbarino wrote:
By the negative ratings I received, somebody on here wants firemen and other people to get hurt?
Vinnie, I second your first thoughts and add an 'Amen!' as those firefighters are working in the most brutal cold we've had in a while. I hope someone is providing them some hot coffee while they stay on-sight to fight the blaze.

I've never seen any post receive more than a handful of icons before this weekend. Someone figured out a way around the 'one vote per ISP' block. Time for Topix to reset the code, lol.

“Bulldog Booster”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#23 Jan 3, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Vinnie, I second your first thoughts and add an 'Amen!' as those firefighters are working in the most brutal cold we've had in a while. I hope someone is providing them some hot coffee while they stay on-sight to fight the blaze.
I've never seen any post receive more than a handful of icons before this weekend. Someone figured out a way around the 'one vote per ISP' block. Time for Topix to reset the code, lol.
Thanks. I guess somebody's just having fun with their new "toy."
mrs c

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jan 3, 2010
I hope they will be able to rebuild. Times are tuff !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hugo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Apr 30 Cjm 140
New restaurant office Bristol Mar '17 Hairless food plz 3
News Police Responded to White Bear Lake Home 49 Tim... (Aug '15) Dec '16 Drama queen ice 7
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Nov '16 citizen for a bet... 2
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News North/east news briefs: Coon Rapids rewrites ya... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Pleasant Valley S... 1

Hugo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hugo Mortgages