Truck stolen from Hugo family recover...

Truck stolen from Hugo family recovered, but wheelchair missing

There are 17 comments on the The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press story from Aug 18, 2010, titled Truck stolen from Hugo family recovered, but wheelchair missing. In it, The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that:

A truck that was stolen from a Hugo family last week was found in Stillwater Monday, but there was no trace of the customized wheelchair that was inside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press.

2nd amendment supporter

Spring Valley, WI

#1 Aug 18, 2010
why is this guy out? He was just arrested on July 31st!! Now he broke into my friends house ( a widow with 3 kids) and took her transportation and her daughters wheelchair?

He has been arrested 5 times in 13 months. Obviously on drugs and needs to be locked up for his own good and ours.!!

He's lucky he didn't break into my house he would've met Smith & Wesson.

Since: Jun 10

The Thunder Mansion

#2 Aug 18, 2010
What a d-bag

“....careless whisper.”

Since: May 10

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Aug 18, 2010
After he quit working on One Tree Hill he really hit a rough patch... oh wait, that was Chad Michael Murray... oh wait, why does a straight, adult male know who Chad Michael Murray is? DOH!!!!
ACLU

Maple Grove, MN

#4 Aug 18, 2010
Hang him. He's a worthless parasite and will never contribute to society. He's just a useless eater.
billy boy

Albany, OR

#5 Aug 18, 2010
Off with his head. He will not amount to a hill of beans.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#6 Aug 18, 2010
Here is where torture to get information, could come into play.
alphamale

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 18, 2010
another oxygen thief. with 3 strikes(felonies)after this last arrest he will be locked up for a long time i think
Weird But True

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Aug 18, 2010
A white boy did it this time..........thank god!

They were going to start lynching any minorities
that walk around that nice neighborhood pretty soon.
That is what I thought

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Aug 18, 2010
2nd amendment supporter wrote:
why is this guy out? He was just arrested on July 31st!! Now he broke into my friends house ( a widow with 3 kids) and took her transportation and her daughters wheelchair?
He has been arrested 5 times in 13 months. Obviously on drugs and needs to be locked up for his own good and ours.!!
Did you even talk to your friend about what really happen?
or read the police report?

Let me fill you in.....since your friend did not lock her
doors that night and left her keys in the truck that does
not constitute a break in.......just a burglary by luck.

Next time tell your friend to luck her doors and keep the
keys way out of site even in a nice suburban caucasian
neighborhood.....OK? you should be happy for her she is
physically intact and the kids are unharmed.

Lesson learned the hard way.

Oh and by the way your Smith & Wesson......could be used
against you while you are fast asleep so don't be too
secure and happy.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#10 Aug 18, 2010
I suppose it's premature to ask if anyone's organizing a benefit to raise money for a new chair for Amber?

Twin Cities

#11 Aug 18, 2010
That is what I thought wrote:
<quoted text>
secure and happy.
Perhaps you missed it in the first article about this. She did not leave her keys in her vehicle. The keys were in her house, the truck was in the garage, the wheelchair was in the truck. I think we're all relieved that this thief wasn't a rapist or worse, but are you downplaying the actual crimes that were committed?
AshleyD

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Aug 18, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
I suppose it's premature to ask if anyone's organizing a benefit to raise money for a new chair for Amber?
This is my sister in law and niece that you are all talking about. She DID NOT leave her keys in the truck like one news source reported, and her door was accidentally left unlocked by one of her children who had opened it after she locked it. There is a benefit set up Zenbirdist with Wells Fargo under the name Diel Family Benefit. Before you starting judging people, why don't you find out the TRUTH first. Just because the media reports something does not necessarily mean that every word of what they said is true. Have you guys never heard about the media skewing things?!?!?

For those of you who have been on her side this whole time, I sent out a great big heartfelt thank you. It restores my faith in humanity to see the good coming out in people when someone needs it the most!
Tough Love

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Aug 18, 2010
That is what I thought wrote:
<quoted text>
secure and happy.
IMHO they approach to use on criminals is to park an unlocked car with a handgun on the dashboard with a sharpshooter waiting for the shot.

IF anyone dares enter the car BLOW HIM/HER AWAY!

Next!

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#14 Aug 18, 2010
Tough Love wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO they approach to use on criminals is to park an unlocked car with a handgun on the dashboard with a sharpshooter waiting for the shot.
IF anyone dares enter the car BLOW HIM/HER AWAY!
Next!
That's called murder, sorry.
Tony Bozo

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Aug 18, 2010
2nd amendment supporter wrote:
because this is MN and it's 35 strikes and you're out.
ACLU

Maple Grove, MN

#16 Aug 19, 2010
Weird But True wrote:
They were going to start lynching any minorities
that walk around that nice neighborhood pretty soon.
Why would "any minorities" be "walking around" that neighborhood if they didn't live there?

Twin Cities

#17 Aug 19, 2010
AshleyD wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my sister in law and niece that you are all talking about. She DID NOT leave her keys in the truck like one news source reported, and her door was accidentally left unlocked by one of her children who had opened it after she locked it. There is a benefit set up Zenbirdist with Wells Fargo under the name Diel Family Benefit. Before you starting judging people, why don't you find out the TRUTH first. Just because the media reports something does not necessarily mean that every word of what they said is true. Have you guys never heard about the media skewing things?!?!?
For those of you who have been on her side this whole time, I sent out a great big heartfelt thank you. It restores my faith in humanity to see the good coming out in people when someone needs it the most!
Ashley, thank you for the information. Please pass our best wishes to the family. I'm still hoping Amber's chair is turned in without any damage to it, but there is still the issue of the totalled SUV. I'm curious if her auto or home insurance will help with the cost to replace the chair? I'm most concerned about getting Amber set up with good wheels before school starts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hugo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) Sep 28 Chad 74
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Sep 25 Follow FOX news 152
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Sep '17 StayAway 3
New restaurant office Bristol (Mar '17) Mar '17 Hairless food plz 3
News Police Responded to White Bear Lake Home 49 Tim... (Aug '15) Dec '16 Drama queen ice 7
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3

Hugo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hugo Mortgages