Hugo officials envision new ballpark ...

Hugo officials envision new ballpark at site of former gravel pit

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 30, 2010, titled Hugo officials envision new ballpark at site of former gravel pit. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

What was once a gravel mine in Hugo is now a field of dreams. The old pit landed in the city's lap after a legal battle and negotiations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Bob Williams

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 31, 2010
And while you are out picking money off the money tree to fund this project would you please grab me $30 bucks so I will be able to eat this week? I've been unemployed for quite some time now.
give a corpation

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 31, 2010
give a corporation an inch and the ruin 125 acres that have to be restored at public
expense. Where was the enforcement when they destroyed it all? Where are the fines
and jail terms for the crooked corporate asphalt polluters?

Since: Jul 08

United States

#4 Nov 1, 2010
Yay! Another excuse to spend more money! By he time the city gets done it will cost millions and require 18 permits from every government agency known to man. Way to go!!
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Nov 1, 2010
Hugo needs to take some lessons from Vadnais Heights. The County was all too happy to hand over $11 million from the Recovery Fund for a sports complex that will benefit only a few. Wonder if it helps that a Council Member is the assistant to a Ramsey County Commissioner? As it is unpopular for Cities to spend money on such things, the other lesson is to get some non-profit corporation owned by a previous Council Member to present the project on the city's behalf. That way the hard working tax payers will never suspect that if the project fails, the cost will be coming out of their pockets. A 25 million sports project funded by you, the taxpayer. Give em call Hugo, you could learn alot of how to get what you want undetected.
Karl

United States

#6 Nov 24, 2010
I have walked that area a few times with my dog. It would be better suited as a nature park where people can hike and horses can go. I did a photo shoot on a Saturday in late June - early July of all the hugo parks had no people in them in the early afternoon. What would the point be having yet another seldom used expensive park. I would much rather have a place for hiking. http://reimerdigital.com/HugoImages/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hugo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News North/east news briefs: Coon Rapids rewrites ya... Jun '16 Pleasant Valley S... 1
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) May '16 Daniel 73
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? May '16 justwondering 1
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Mar '16 nothankyou 119
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Mar '16 county employee 16
News DNA Evidence Links Inmate To 2000 Rape (Feb '06) Feb '16 TOASTER 6

Hugo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hugo Mortgages