Modesto's Calvary Temple Academy To C...

Modesto's Calvary Temple Academy To Close

There are 34 comments on the LightHouse1280.com story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Modesto's Calvary Temple Academy To Close. In it, LightHouse1280.com reports that:

's Calvary Temple Academy To Close -- A church-based K-through-12 school in Modesto will close at the end of the current school year because of declining enrollment. via LightHouse1280.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LightHouse1280.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Arthur Davis

La Grange, CA

#1 Jun 29, 2008
There are those in the community who are grateful that Calvary Temple’s school K-12 is closing its doors. This anti-Semitic group has for years shown its religious contempt for the Jewish people. This church is mad because of the verse shown in Deut. 13:1-4 which states that all mitzvahs (commandments) remain binding forever, and anyone (including the Christian church) coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. We all know who the false prophet Messianic Churches are. We also know that the Pentecostal and Baptist churches are sponsoring religious terrorism against the Jewish people here in the United States and in Israel. It is a fact that Jews for Jesus are not Jews, but a Christian church. They are a Christian backed front for anti-Semitism. It is also a fact that any and all Messianic synagogues or churches, no matter how they camouflage themselves as Jews, are Christians. It is our duty as Jews for Judaism to warn all synagogues and Jews about many of the various churches that are trying to spread their false religion. We all should be aware of the desire of these false religions to destroy the covenant made between G-d and the Jewish people. In each Jewish community we are asking that they beware of these Torah hating wolves in sheep clothing.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Jun 29, 2008
wow, you are desperate for an audience huh?
Jewish person

Modesto, CA

#3 Jul 2, 2008
How erroneous.
Anti-Arthur

Modesto, CA

#4 Aug 7, 2008
You are ridiculous! The jews biggest supporters for the last 70 years have been Christians. You have the rabid fanaticism of an Islamic radical.
Israel's biggest supporter has been America, which claims Christianity as its dominant religion. Maybe you're mad that there aren't enough bagel shops in Modesto.
Speak the Truth

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2008
it is rather apparent that you have not been listening to Christian television 'Jewish Voice', the latest Jewish-Christian Convention of whom jewish Rabbi's were supported by Christian's like John hagee, Kenneth Copelan, Rod Parsley, Perry Stone, and many others on a global basis. perhaps it's time to get you head out of the sand and participate in the truth of peace, and not the hate.
onan the barbarian

Lake Arrowhead, CA

#6 Sep 17, 2008
god will judge allthe naysayers
Astonished

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2008
Wow. This guy is really passionate about his inability to believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah who died for our sins on the cross so that we may have eternal life through the Father. I am sorry for you.
anti christ

Lathrop, CA

#8 Nov 4, 2008
calvary temple is a cult. screw the people their and scew the christains made up god
People

Suisun City, CA

#9 Dec 19, 2008
There is some truth to what he says, some Christians judge the Jews and vice- versa. To say his point of view is completely without merit, because he is a Jew is short sighted. There is a lot of Ann Coulter Christians out there that think Jews need to be perfected... be perfected... Ann Coulter is perfect? I live by the Gods rules, thow shall not judge...To love one another.... It's so upsurd when Jews and Christians argue, ignoring every rule of God... Knowbody is better than anyone else. I think you all need to rethink your hatred for the other and start living by scriptue. Where does it say in the old or new testaments, that it's ok to hate in the name of your religion? Are we living in the dark ages? I'm Catholic, my wifes Lutheran, my kids are Baptised Lutheran, and my best man at my wedding was a Jew. My kids go to Awanas Christian Bible study on Wednesday and then Catholic church on Sunday. We live in harmony with all religions and people. That is what God wants... that is what God COMMANDS. He not asking for you to live a life based on love and acceptance, he is commanding it. Grow up!
Gary Bell

Portland, OR

#10 Jan 24, 2009
Me and my son have visited Calvary Temple and would neverrrrr return over the ABUSE AND Threats me and my son have lived, over my job as a Union Carpenter and how much money I made!! I went to school for 4 years to become a certified Journeyman Carpenter and graduated with over 8,000 hours in the trade. While the beginning bible study teacher and his lazy wife sat on their lazy butts selling amway or something like that,telling me and my son how false the carpenter school was and how false the union is. I have been to the Modesto Police department over the threats toward me and my son.NEVER IS IT OKAY TO HURT OR THREATEN A CHILD OR A PARENT FOR ANY REASON!!!!!
Rev-Thornton

Modesto, CA

#11 Jan 27, 2009
I pray that we will all take a look at their own soul and pray that Go has mercy on all of our faults. To even talk to one another with such hate and ignorance is sad. Let's hope for our eyes to be open our hearts to receive and our souls to be enlightened. Encouraging one another and to continue to seek the Lord should be all of our focus. Think before we speak and pray before we think!
Gary bell

Portland, OR

#12 Feb 21, 2009
ABUSIVE CHURCH CALVARY TEMPLE!!!Glad to see the school close after the abuse me and my son lived through with three of the members Calvary Temple!!! I've contacted the Modesto Police department over some of the threats towards me and my son, I just knew they were going to HURT my child because I refused to quit my union carpenter job, they declared it was wrong because of the amount of money I made and I wasn't skilled enough to make that kind of money.I went to school for 4 years(8 A's and over a B average and graduated second in my class on the final exam),over 8400 hours in the trade of carpentry at the time of graduation. While 2 of the 3 members of Calvary Temple set on there lazy worthless butts an sold amway or something like that and work part time at the church teaching bible study 2 knights a week, i've really not know them ever to work. Which left them all day every day to focus on my job my child and devoted there time to teaching me and my son a lesson about obedience. That when the threats towards my son began!!, I really believe and still afraid there going to HURT my son!! I've contacted the modesto police, there word against mine about the threats not enough for the police department to do anything. I know longer live in Modesto I moved to Oregon, I know they look up mine and my mothers phone number and we have been receiving phone calls a couple times a day were the caller doesn't say anything just listens!! I know it's that couple from Calvary Temple!! I contacted the Tigard Police department where I live and filed a incident report #09032623 with officer Horton. I mean what kind of nut is this couple. I would have the police do more but there clever about how they do things.There is alot more (them contacting my union anonymous and asking about my job)things they have done too many to list.I quit Calvary Temple 10 years ago, doesn't this sound like there real nuts and what's scary about this is after being threaten that if I didn't quit my Union and be obedient that something could happen to my son,(they tried to scary me into quiting my union with my son) is with the phone calls to both my house and my mothers house is do they know were we live(were my son lives), how far will they take this???? I contacted the senior pastor at Calvary Temple he know about there abuse but denies the abuse(i don't think he know all of it),I think they were worried i would sue or something like that, I know they were told to stay at home for a couple of months until this blew over, they did stay at home but they didn't leave me and my son alone and are back at Calvary Temple making those phone calls to me and my mother house trying to intimidate me!! That incident report was filed Jan.24th of 2009 and those phone call our currently happen(2009)
Gary Bell

Portland, OR

#13 Feb 23, 2009
Abusive Church Calvary Temple!!Glad to see the school close after the abuse me and my son lived through with three of the members Calvary Temple!!! I've contacted the Modesto Police department over some of the threats towards me and my son, I just knew they were going to HURT my child because I refused to quit my union carpenter job, they declared it was wrong because of the amount of money I made and I wasn't skilled enough to make that kind of money.I went to school for 4 years(8 A's and over a B average and graduated second in my class on the final exam),over 8400 hours in the trade of carpentry at the time of graduation. While 2 of the 3 members of Calvary Temple set on there lazy worthless butts an sold amway or something like that and work part time at the church teaching bible study 2 knights a week, i've really not know them ever to work. Which left them all day every day to focus on my job my child and devoted there time to teaching me and my son a lesson about obedience. That when the threats towards my son began!!, I really believe and still afraid there going to HURT my son!! I've contacted the modesto police, there word against mine about the threats not enough for the police department to do anything. I know longer live in Modesto I moved to Oregon, I know they look up mine and my mothers phone number and we have been receiving phone calls a couple times a day were the caller doesn't say anything just listens!! I know it's that couple from Calvary Temple!! I contacted the Tigard Police department where I live and filed a incident report #09032623 with officer Horton. I mean what kind of nut is this couple. I would have the police do more but there clever about how they do things.There is alot more (them contacting my union anonymous and asking about my job)things they have done too many to list.I quit Calvary Temple 10 years ago, doesn't this sound like there real nuts and what's scary about this is after being threaten that if I didn't quit my Union and be obedient that something could happen to my son,(they tried to scary me into quiting my union with my son) is with the phone calls to both my house and my mothers house is do they know were we live(were my son lives), how far will they take this???? I contacted the senior pastor at Calvary Temple he know about there abuse but denies the abuse(i don't think he know all of it),I think they were worried i would sue or something like that, I know they were told to stay at home for a couple of months until this blew over, they did stay at home but they didn't leave me and my son alone and are back at Calvary Temple making those phone calls to me and my mother house trying to intimidate me!! That incident report was filed Jan.24th of 2009 and those phone call our currently happen(2009)
Gary Bell

Portland, OR

#14 Sep 17, 2009
ABUSIVE CHURCH CALVARY TEMPLE in Modesto,CA.!!!Glad to see the school close after the abuse me and my son lived through with three of the members Calvary Temple!!! WERE STILL TRYING TO PUT AN END TO THE ABUSE AT CALVARY TEMPLE (in 2009),WE HOPE FAMILIES ARE WARNED TO STAY AWAY FROM CALVARY TEMPLE!!! I've contacted the Modesto Police department over some of the threats towards me and my son, I just knew they were going to HURT my child because I refused to quit my union carpenter job, they declared it was wrong because of the amount of money I made and I wasn't skilled enough to make that kind of money.I went to school for 4 years(8 A's and over a B average and graduated second in my class on the final exam),over 8400 hours in the trade of carpentry at the time of graduation. While 2 of the 3 members of Calvary Temple set on there lazy worthless butts an sold amway or something like that and work part time at the church teaching bible study 2 knights a week, i've really not know them ever to work. Which left them all day every day to focus on my job my child and devoted there time to teaching me and my son a lesson about obedience. That when the threats towards my son began!!, I really believe and still afraid there going to HURT my son!! I've contacted the modesto police, there word against mine about the threats not enough for the police department to do anything. I know longer live in Modesto I moved to Oregon, I know they look up mine and my mothers phone number and we have been receiving phone calls a couple times a day were the caller doesn't say anything just listens!! I know it's that couple from Calvary Temple!! I contacted the Tigard Police department where I live and filed a incident report #09032623 with officer Horton. I mean what kind of nut is this couple. I would have the police do more but there clever about how they do things.There is alot more (them contacting my union anonymous and asking about my job)things they have done too many to list.I quit Calvary Temple 10 years ago, doesn't this sound like there real nuts and what's scary about this is after being threaten that if I didn't quit my Union and be obedient that something could happen to my son,(they tried to scary me into quiting my union with my son) is with the phone calls to both my house and my mothers house is do they know were we live(were my son lives), how far will they take this???? I contacted the senior pastor at Calvary Temple he know about there abuse but denies the abuse(i don't think he know all of it),I think they were worried i would sue or something like that, I know they were told to stay at home for a couple of months until this blew over, they did stay at home but they didn't leave me and my son alone and are back at Calvary Temple making those phone calls to me and my mother house trying to intimidate me!! That incident report was filed Jan.24th of 2009 and those phone call our currently happen(2009)
scott

Modesto, CA

#15 Sep 24, 2009
calvsry temple pastor glen is nothing but is into hisself and about money
Richard

AOL

#16 Oct 2, 2009
anti christ wrote:
calvary temple is a cult. screw the people their and scew the christains made up god
And your God would be what? Maybe when you stand before him-you will realize He wasn't made up.
I feel sorry for you
Modesto Mommy

Modesto, CA

#17 Nov 24, 2009
Funny how all the people against Calvary Temple seem to be somewhat uneducated (evident by the gramatical usage in their complaints. The are also ignorant to what Calvary Temple is all about. A pastor should flourish financially, God does not want him nor us to go around poor and in poverty. If you are in poverty it is not Pastor Glen's fault or the Lord's. It is yours. Instead of complaining about money or your lack thereof, do something about it! Go back to school, learn a new trade, get a better job. May God bless you and heal your anger!
jennifer

United States

#18 Nov 30, 2009
Speak the Truth wrote:
it is rather apparent that you have not been listening to Christian television 'Jewish Voice', the latest Jewish-Christian Convention of whom jewish Rabbi's were supported by Christian's like John hagee, Kenneth Copelan, Rod Parsley, Perry Stone, and many others on a global basis. perhaps it's time to get you head out of the sand and participate in the truth of peace, and not the hate.
i think that it isnt good but at the same time u need to quit saying all this jewish stuff but anyway it might be for the better so yah just knock it off and quit sayin all this stuff and dont be ridiculous and u just doing this cuz u think ur cool and you need to get your word out there well thats enough just stop it allready
jeanette

United States

#19 Nov 30, 2009
maybe its for the better
scott

United States

#20 Dec 6, 2009
Modesto Mommy wrote:
Funny how all the people against Calvary Temple seem to be somewhat uneducated (evident by the gramatical usage in their complaints. The are also ignorant to what Calvary Temple is all about. A pastor should flourish financially, God does not want him nor us to go around poor and in poverty. If you are in poverty it is not Pastor Glen's fault or the Lord's. It is yours. Instead of complaining about money or your lack thereof, do something about it! Go back to school, learn a new trade, get a better job. May God bless you and heal your anger!
replying to being uneducated i guess jesus was uneducated too. should you pastor florush more than the message how is it that glen has a huge house and nice car while most people in the church is barely making it does to not seem wrong to you.It seems to me most of the people there their God is glen not jesus.also what did jesus said to the rich ruler it seems to me what you are learning from glen church if you go there is the gospel of glen not Jesusthe last thing i will talk about money is even if i was poor which i am not what is wrong with that,jesus was poor too and that is from the bible too Here is a great song for glen it's called my jesus by todd adnew

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hughson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Milfs In The Modesto-Merced Area? (May '13) Tue My son loves milfs 10
News $1.8 million mosque rising at Islamic Center in... (Feb '14) Jun 21 The_MO_Profiteer 46
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Nov '07) Jun 19 j-snyder 232
Review: Redemption Hill Church Jun 17 shockandawe 1
Review: Botanica Curandero Jun 15 Lucila 2
Legalize COCKFIGHTING in AGRI ZONINGS to fund p... (Feb '13) Jun 10 EQUAL RIGHTS 16
public officials violating federal laws Jun 10 EQUAL RIGHTS 9
More from around the web

Hughson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hughson Mortgages