|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

Vote wrote:
Who are you voting for in the September 20 school board elections
Don't even know who is in the running. Have not seen any campaign signs anywhere.
Sara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Vote wrote:
Who are you voting for in the September 20 school board elections
Irene Combs vs Dovie Wolfe

Jeff Spaletta vs. Johnny Payton

Rev. W.E. Duckworth unapposed

a formal debate is set for Sep 10
Biber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
Irene Combs vs Dovie Wolfe
Jeff Spaletta vs. Johnny Payton
Rev. W.E. Duckworth unapposed
a formal debate is set for Sep 10
Saw signs out today... Combs and Spaletta.

Where is the debate at? Community center?

Didn't Wolfe get fired by the school district this past spring?
Timothy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Biber wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw signs out today... Combs and Spaletta.
Where is the debate at? Community center?
Didn't Wolfe get fired by the school district this past spring?
i havent heard about any debate. when is it
Lela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

dis the dovie wolfe who took her kids out of hughes schools and home schooles them? makes sense she is tryin to get even with school
Nothingbetter2Do

Hughes, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Didnt realize Hughes still had a School Board. They barely have a School. At this point , I Do not think that Obama could help this school system.
Its sad, b/c Hughes use to be a good Small town , with Good Teachers and Students.
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Nothingbetter2Do wrote:
Didnt realize Hughes still had a School Board. They barely have a School. At this point , I Do not think that Obama could help this school system.
Its sad, b/c Hughes use to be a good Small town , with Good Teachers and Students.
The school is smaller than before but once the corrupt plantation owners got off the board it is much better.. The school will actually benefit the kids instead of the plantation owners (farmers). It seems that the farmers have lost both the city and school and now they seem upset? You mean the city and town is all black so its not good anymore? I beg to differ.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Ms Combs is a dedicated city leader and citizen. Her work and interests are for the well being of our students, faculty and entire school system. She is genuine, not using the school board election as a means to win a personal vendetta.
good ole boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Ms. Combs stated at a school board meeting in Feb. that she knew best because the kids looked like her.That is her words not mine. She was upset that alot of white parents was at the meeting. She is a total racist and a larry owens as? kisser. She can go to hell I rather have dovie instead. This is why she is not on the city council anymore. Total racist hell she does not have enough sense to sweep the school much less try to run somthing. Please vote for people not skin color.
simpson1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

good ole boy wrote:
Ms. Combs stated at a school board meeting in Feb. that she knew best because the kids looked like her.That is her words not mine. She was upset that alot of white parents was at the meeting. She is a total racist and a larry owens as? kisser. She can go to hell I rather have dovie instead. This is why she is not on the city council anymore. Total racist hell she does not have enough sense to sweep the school much less try to run somthing. Please vote for people not skin color.
Ole boy, you sound like your roots are with the plantation mentality... Ms Combs is a christian lady who cares about Hughes city and school. I have never heard Ms. Combs make any racist comments but I wasnt at the meeting you referred to above. I know she has several grandkids at school and they probably do look like her.

It is my understanding that Dovie Wolfe was fired by the district this past year. It is also my understanding that she took her kids out of the school and homeschooled them. She also missed more days of work at the school over the past years than any other employee. Rumor has it that she has told everybody in town she was filing a lawsuit against the district for her dismissal. Why would you vote for somebody who has a grudge against the district and how could she possibly help the district by being on the board? How can you justify having somebody on board who doesnt want their own kids to attend the school? There are some ethical issues about her promiscuous behavior in town as well.

I vote to re-elect Irene Combs.
kibbles-N- Bits

Hughes, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

simpson1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ole boy, you sound like your roots are with the plantation mentality... Ms Combs is a christian lady who cares about Hughes city and school. I have never heard Ms. Combs make any racist comments but I wasnt at the meeting you referred to above. I know she has several grandkids at school and they probably do look like her.
It is my understanding that Dovie Wolfe was fired by the district this past year. It is also my understanding that she took her kids out of the school and homeschooled them. She also missed more days of work at the school over the past years than any other employee. Rumor has it that she has told everybody in town she was filing a lawsuit against the district for her dismissal. Why would you vote for somebody who has a grudge against the district and how could she possibly help the district by being on the board? How can you justify having somebody on board who doesnt want their own kids to attend the school? There are some ethical issues about her promiscuous behavior in town as well.
RE-ELECT IRENE COMBS she has my vote.
Sonya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

kibbles-N- Bits wrote:
<quoted text>RE-ELECT IRENE COMBS she has my vote.
RE-ELECT IRENE COMBS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

simpson1 wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY WELL SAID!!!!!! RE- ELECT IRENE COMBS!!!!!!!!
Guest2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

guest wrote:
<quoted text> VERY WELL SAID!!!!!! RE- ELECT IRENE COMBS!!!!!!!!
Irene Combs
concerned citizen

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

Ok, it is my understanding that MS. Wolfe did not get fired she was part of a RIF or reduction in force. Get it straight if you are going to make comments. In addition, I was also at the meeting where Ms. Combs made her racial comments. She may be a Christian but her actions and comments on the school board are questionable. If she will make those kind of comments in a school board meeting then how can she be trusted to care for children of all races equally. If you are so concerned about lawsuit RUMORS maybe you should look at fact that the school district has just rehired an individual who sued the school in the past few years. Don't you see a problem here?
simpson1 wrote:
<quoted text>
another c citizen

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

concerned citizen wrote:
Ok, it is my understanding that MS. Wolfe did not get fired she was part of a RIF or reduction in force. Get it straight if you are going to make comments. In addition, I was also at the meeting where Ms. Combs made her racial comments. She may be a Christian but her actions and comments on the school board are questionable. If she will make those kind of comments in a school board meeting then how can she be trusted to care for children of all races equally. If you are so concerned about lawsuit RUMORS maybe you should look at fact that the school district has just rehired an individual who sued the school in the past few years. Don't you see a problem here?<quoted text>
Whats the difference in a RIF and getting fired? Just wondering..
LMAO at all of this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

another c citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats the difference in a RIF and getting fired? Just wondering..
Wondering what the difference is between a RIF and getting fired? Ask the 'better' school board members...I'm curious as to what their indivual answers would be!
Concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

LMAO at all of this wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering what the difference is between a RIF and getting fired? Ask the 'better' school board members...I'm curious as to what their indivual answers would be!
Pleas define "better"
voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

So what were the election results? Does anyone know yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hughes Discussions

Search the Hughes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
guy's being 18 or 19 dating 14 and 15 year old ... 3 hr OMG 78
Lenny's, Nana's Diner, and Pop's Place? 3 hr OMG 56
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr souther man 27,915
Chief dead in Madison 5 hr hhhh 11
black coons 10 hr Seriously 24
forrest city ar 11 hr hhhh 5
City Clean up 11 hr hhhh 12
•••
•••