Fourth of July altercation turns dead...

Fourth of July altercation turns deadly in Hughes

There are 52 comments on the Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas story from Jul 6, 2009, titled Fourth of July altercation turns deadly in Hughes. In it, Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas reports that:

A man was killed Saturday after allegedly attacking a woman in downtown Hughes. The St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dizzle

West Memphis, AR

#1 Jul 14, 2009
St. Francis police should be put under investigation, that night they didn't tape off the crime scene nor where they insterested in finding the suspect, instead they tried to arrest the guy that was with the victim. three people were involved with this homicide only one went to jail and bond out the next day,(MURDER) i didn't think there was a bond for that now they saw the girl involved packing up leaving town letting her get away so don't you expect for the husband to do the same(killer). he had court Monday with a no show, but what have been done, they went to get copies of the statements(victim family) that where tooken that night, but the somehow all the papers were misplaced said forrest city police. This just ain't right could someone reach out and help this family and bring justice for Joe Evans Jr. This is the second murder case this guy was involved in they say he went to south carolina with his family ,but i think they r hiding in forrest city, Arkansas
unknown

Jacksonville, AR

#2 Jul 14, 2009
why dont people in hughes act right it would take alot of police on the weekend to take care of hughes because of drugs and achohol the people of hughes should respect the cops for what they are doing like a bunch of dogs in hughes always barking at some oneget drinking and hanging out on the streets half of hughes need to be put somewhere
Old Cat

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Maybe the Sheriff should put real cops in Hughes instead of kids and lazy azzes. That is the starting point for all the new hires. They need someone down there that will be serious about the task at hand. Heck, I hear one of them "quit" the Federal Prision because he was caught trying to buy a boat and sex from a prisoner who was really a fed. You bet he is just there until things cool down.
bhsurfer

United States

#4 Jul 15, 2009
Old Cat wrote:
Maybe the Sheriff should put real cops in Hughes instead of kids and lazy azzes. That is the starting point for all the new hires. They need someone down there that will be serious about the task at hand. Heck, I hear one of them "quit" the Federal Prision because he was caught trying to buy a boat and sex from a prisoner who was really a fed. You bet he is just there until things cool down.
sex? from a man? omg

Hughes, AR

#5 Jul 15, 2009
how about people learn to act right and leave others alone and situations like this wouldnt happen in the first place
Old Cat

United States

#6 Jul 15, 2009
bhsurfer wrote:
<quoted text>sex? from a man? omg
YES! A man.
Been There

Little Rock, AR

#7 Jul 16, 2009
This killer ever show up yet?
Old Cat

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jul 17, 2009
I bet the gay blade is on it!
citizenx

United States

#9 Jul 17, 2009
dizzle wrote:
St. Francis police should be put under investigation, that night they didn't tape off the crime scene nor where they insterested in finding the suspect, instead they tried to arrest the guy that was with the victim. three people were involved with this homicide only one went to jail and bond out the next day,(MURDER) i didn't think there was a bond for that now they saw the girl involved packing up leaving town letting her get away so don't you expect for the husband to do the same(killer). he had court Monday with a no show, but what have been done, they went to get copies of the statements(victim family) that where tooken that night, but the somehow all the papers were misplaced said forrest city police. This just ain't right could someone reach out and help this family and bring justice for Joe Evans Jr. This is the second murder case this guy was involved in they say he went to south carolina with his family ,but i think they r hiding in forrest city, Arkansas
Just reading this thread for the first time. First of all, you can't deny anyone bond unless there are extreme circumstances. Second, what the hell has something that happened in Hughes got to do with the FC Police. FC Police have got enough people bit@hing about what they do with you flinging some shit at them that didn't even happen in FC.
AlittleBird

United States

#10 Jul 17, 2009
citizenx wrote:
<quoted text>
Just reading this thread for the first time. First of all, you can't deny anyone bond unless there are extreme circumstances. Second, what the hell has something that happened in Hughes got to do with the FC Police. FC Police have got enough people bit@hing about what they do with you flinging some shit at them that didn't even happen in FC.
He said St. Francis police. I am assuming that would be the Sheriff's Office? It was not made very clear.
citizenx

United States

#11 Jul 17, 2009
AlittleBird wrote:
<quoted text>
He said St. Francis police. I am assuming that would be the Sheriff's Office? It was not made very clear.
Read down a little further toward the end.
OMYDAM

United States

#12 Jul 17, 2009
dizzle wrote:
Are you saying they tried to arrest the person who was murdered? I'm confused by this post.
OMYDAM

United States

#13 Jul 17, 2009
Nevermind. You said the guy was with the victim. My bad.
unknown

United States

#14 Jul 17, 2009
maybe his wife got it started

Hughes, AR

#15 Jul 19, 2009
and how are the cops suppose to tape off a crime scene when the "victim" was moved?
NotGod

Dillon, SC

#16 Jul 20, 2009
Where is the justice for the woman he & the other so called man brutally beat to the ground. Ignorance comes in all levels. Know the facts before you write the ignorance. The truth is one man died and another went to jail. May God judge them BOTH. I don't know ANY REAL MAN that would allow not one but two men to brutally kick his wife to the ground and do nothing. Everybody has there day of judgement and watch out for yours is on the way. It's easy to see this one way but grow up and get some level of intelligence! Two mothers cried for their sons that day. You scream murderer why not scream justice for a town that has been bullied by the like of the deceased. Before you scream killer what do you scream about the man that would beat a woman! Think before you judge!
Banned

Benton, AR

#17 Jul 20, 2009
The only reports that ever come out of Hughes are either about drugs or murder. It's been that way my entire life. I think the Sheriff should just let the thugs have Hughes. Any normal, law biding citizens that haven't already moved away should do so as soon as possible. Those who stay can just kill each other off, one by one, until the town no longer exists. All problems solved.
unknown

United States

#18 Jul 20, 2009
amen let them kill there stupid self

Hughes, AR

#19 Jul 21, 2009
you people are ignorant for saying such things. most do not have the means to move nor do they wish to. hughes is home to many good and respectable people so saying that they should just go kill themselves bc we have a few thugs that do not abide by the law is just ridiculous.you cant tell me that fc or any other town for that matter does not have its share of drug deals and other crimes.so grow up. mature adults do not wish hateful things upon other human beings no matter how they act. NOTGOOD i totally agree with everything you said.

Cabot, AR

#20 Jul 22, 2009
You all know what's wrong with Hughes - "Welcome to Africa"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hughes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 min --Bad Dad-- 42,147
Screen Printing 3 hr Guest 2
pastor Austin D Hill 4 hr 1_50say 12
Private school (Aug '15) 9 hr Candace 43
Hunter girl with red hair 9 hr Guest 4
Looking for Farming jobs (Jan '17) 16 hr Hooker 4
Bad Doctor,(Kumar) (Oct '10) 16 hr eyewatcher1960 85

Hughes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance