here

United States

#1 Aug 20, 2011
What is the Life Options of Hughes? What do they do there? Located next door to the revenue office.
just a person

United States

#2 Aug 22, 2011
They give free money away to some people. It depends on who u r and who u know. But that is the story of hughes.
concerned citizen

Little Rock, AR

#3 Aug 24, 2011
just a person wrote:
They give free money away to some people. It depends on who u r and who u know. But that is the story of hughes.
If you don't know what they do why dont you ask. Nobody give away free money you idiot.
concerned citizen

Little Rock, AR

#4 Aug 24, 2011
Life Options of Eastern Arkansas is a USDA (United States Dept. of Agriculture) sponsored program. They do assesements of incorporated cites and small towns to help with anything the program can provide.
Sammy

Pacifica, CA

#5 Aug 24, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
Life Options of Eastern Arkansas is a USDA (United States Dept. of Agriculture) sponsored program. They do assesements of incorporated cites and small towns to help with anything the program can provide.
This is another program that the mayor brought to Hughes..to help the citizens of Hughes. Yes, its open to everybody, even you decendents of the plantation owners (all races).
Just Wondering

Little Rock, AR

#6 Oct 25, 2011
Who owns life options, anybody know?
Local Citizen

United States

#7 Oct 25, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
Who owns life options, anybody know?
Bill Clinton owns Life Options!
Not Impressed

West Helena, AR

#8 Oct 26, 2011
Local Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton owns Life Options!
If you don't know why bother.
dumbo

Little Rock, AR

#9 Oct 26, 2011
Not Impressed wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know why bother.
Why ask - who cares
offended

United States

#10 Oct 27, 2011
Why are white people referred to plantation owners? I am white and I have NEVER owned a frickin plantation! Guess I missed out on that one.

Furthermore, it is extremely offensive. The constant comments about "plantation mentality" to refer to white people in general is RACISM. I promise you that I don't have this "mentality." Rather I feel that my mental state comes from the point of view of a poor, educated Delta resident.

I hope that everyone can move past hurtful racial slurs and see past color. Our community has a long way to go and racially charged comments and thoughts certainly impede the process!
Frickin

Little Rock, AR

#11 Oct 27, 2011
offended wrote:
Why are white people referred to plantation owners? I am white and I have NEVER owned a frickin plantation! Guess I missed out on that one.
Furthermore, it is extremely offensive. The constant comments about "plantation mentality" to refer to white people in general is RACISM. I promise you that I don't have this "mentality." Rather I feel that my mental state comes from the point of view of a poor, educated Delta resident.
I hope that everyone can move past hurtful racial slurs and see past color. Our community has a long way to go and racially charged comments and thoughts certainly impede the process!
What mentality do you have?
AGREE

United States

#12 Nov 4, 2011
offended wrote:
I certainly agree with you. I am white too, never owned a plantation, and am certainly not racist. It greatly offends me, as well as others, to be labeled as 'plantation owners' or having a 'plantation mentality'....which quite frankly, is a racist remark! Therefore, the people who insist on continuing to use these slurs and complaining....well, if you are not 'chained' to where you stay, LEAVE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hughes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Reality Check 41,454
Pj and Cody Meghee Dec 10 Sham 6
Inmate roster Dec 10 Guest 14
County Jail Dec 10 I know 20
Highway 334 meth heads Dec 10 I know 10
were is randy mc cullum Nov 25 john deere 1
Amanda Karow Nov '17 Mark Rickman 2

Hughes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance