A real Ruth's Chris steakhouse or che...

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#21 Sep 10, 2013
If you want a good steak, it's pretty simple. just go to a good steak house, not an overpriced chain reasturaunt.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Sep 11, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
If you want a good steak, it's pretty simple. just go to a good steak house, not an overpriced chain reasturaunt.
When i was small, my Grama would take me to this Country Grocery, i think in Colon, Michigan....sawdust on the floor....they would cut beautiful steaks, like 1"-2" thick....then we'd grill them....sorry...lol....Thomas' s Grocery in Grand Haven was like that, too....

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 Sep 11, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
What would be a really good steak house in the area that isn't a chain?
michigantwat

Grand Rapids, MI

#24 Sep 11, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Judson's Steak House, Chop House are just a couple.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#25 Sep 11, 2013
michigantwat wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.... However, most of the progressive takers can't afford the parking...... Peasants......

Grand Rapids, MI

#26 Sep 11, 2013
michigantwat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I consider the Chop House a chain like Ruth's since there are multiple locations in different states. Not as many as Ruth's but still not just a GR place.

I'll have to check out Judson's, reviews look good.
michigantwat

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Sep 11, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I consider the Chop House a chain like Ruth's since there are multiple locations in different states. Not as many as Ruth's but still not just a GR place.
The Chop House in Grand Rapids is not a chain, it's part of a group called Mainstreet ventures. There are three other Chops Houses owned by Mainstreet. Ruth's on the other hand has 135 franchises in the US.
I've been to Judson's, Ruth's and Chop House and hands down Chop House is the best. Best service, best tasting steak and best wine list.
michigantwat

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 Sep 11, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I should add that Judson's was by far the worst of the three. Horrible service (and I do mean horrible) and just an average steak that was overcooked (medium rare ordered---was medium/medium well). Judson's is part of the Gilmore Group and I have found that for the most part their places are over rated and usually have poor service.

Try Louis Benton, good place but beware, they are not open Sundays or Mondays.

Grand Rapids, MI

#29 Sep 11, 2013
michigantwat wrote:
<quoted text>
I should add that Judson's was by far the worst of the three. Horrible service (and I do mean horrible) and just an average steak that was overcooked (medium rare ordered---was medium/medium well). Judson's is part of the Gilmore Group and I have found that for the most part their places are over rated and usually have poor service.
Try Louis Benton, good place but beware, they are not open Sundays or Mondays.
Thanks. I've eaten at the Chop House in Annapolis and Charleston and they were very good. One of my favorite steak places is Harry Caray's in Chicago mostly because I'm a baseball fan. I lived in Texas a couple of times and it was easy to find a good steak place at all different price points.
Ryan

Hudsonville, MI

#30 Sep 11, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I've eaten at the Chop House in Annapolis and Charleston and they were very good. One of my favorite steak places is Harry Caray's in Chicago mostly because I'm a baseball fan. I lived in Texas a couple of times and it was easy to find a good steak place at all different price points.
tRY rYANS AND IF THE STEAK SUCKS YOU CAN HAVE CHICKEN OR SOMETHING ELSE!
Fred

Grand Rapids, MI

#31 Sep 11, 2013
We need more steak places in GR instead of all this "vegan" and "vegetarian" crap. That kind of hippie cuisine belongs in Ann Arbor or San Francisco.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#32 Sep 11, 2013
Too bad you folks don't have a Texas de Brazil in West Michigan.
Got one here in Northern Virginia less than 10 miles away...yum yum.
Problem solved...
michigantwat

Grand Rapids, MI

#33 Sep 11, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Harry Caray's is good. Chicago has quite a few good steak joints including The Chop House (not affiliated with the GR location), Morton's, Gibson's and Lawry's and if you're a sport's fan Ditka's place serves up a good steak too.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#34 Sep 11, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even sure about down here. If I want a good steak down here, I go to Byron Center Meat's and grill it myself.
I spend a lot of time up by Traverse City and always visit Modes Bum Steer, and Boones Long Lake Inn. Both are excellent places for steak. I always get the same thing, the filet mignon. Both place's have awesome ones.
GreedRapids

Brighton, MI

#35 Sep 13, 2013
Even the overrated Chop House serves precut filets. Not a single so called "high end" steak house in downtown GR offers steaks that are hand cut in house.

But the prices are the SAME as places that do offer the better quality...

Not surprised though, after all we lower the New Years Eve ball with a "CRANE" lol. What a bunch of Dutch CRC hill billy farmers.

Because of the lack of culture and all Dutch culture, I like how they force feed us cultural events like Art Prize to artificially attempt to bring culture in this town.

The city should stop pretending to be multi cultural and just embrace their Dutch culture and have a Dutch themed downtown with Dutch restaurants that serve Dutch food. The city seems to be ashamed of their own culture.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#36 Sep 13, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
Even the overrated Chop House serves precut filets. Not a single so called "high end" steak house in downtown GR offers steaks that are hand cut in house.
But the prices are the SAME as places that do offer the better quality...
Not surprised though, after all we lower the New Years Eve ball with a "CRANE" lol. What a bunch of Dutch CRC hill billy farmers.
Because of the lack of culture and all Dutch culture, I like how they force feed us cultural events like Art Prize to artificially attempt to bring culture in this town.
The city should stop pretending to be multi cultural and just embrace their Dutch culture and have a Dutch themed downtown with Dutch restaurants that serve Dutch food. The city seems to be ashamed of their own culture.
You must be a mutt..... I do have culture and find
GR to be fine....... I am French bitch........

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#37 Sep 13, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Not even sure about down here. If I want a good steak down here, I go to Byron Center Meat's and grill it myself.
I spend a lot of time up by Traverse City and always visit Modes Bum Steer, and Boones Long Lake Inn. Both are excellent places for steak. I always get the same thing, the filet mignon. Both place's have awesome ones.
Jim, you have likely lived up there long enough to know this....my Grandparents used to take us to a place called, Gibbs...i think in Ludington or Cadillac?...i can't recall....

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#38 Sep 14, 2013
Why all the ethnic slurs against the dutch? That is about equal to racism.
Sandy

Caledonia, MI

#39 Sep 14, 2013
scambuster wrote:
Just replace the word "Dutch" with the word "gay" and watch the hypocritical liberals scream. I am tired of the gays and all their victimization and persecution complex, as well as all of their stupid theatrics.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#40 Sep 15, 2013
scambuster wrote:
Because the real racists are those who bring it up all the time. I'm no longer offended by being called a racist because I don't support Obama's policies, simply because it's the real racists doing to the accusing.

That game is overplayed and out of date. We've moved on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 55 min Buffalo Bull 2,507
Local News Women (Apr '09) 1 hr Wyn 2,402
trump triumphant! Sat Idea Maker 9
News Food Town closing temporarily Sat lamber kroger sho... 2
Review: Motorhomes 2 Go Fri wtf 2
News Two DNR rangers charged with poaching in Oceana... (Apr '08) Aug 27 Fabian Vasquez 88
Bike licenses for road maintenance Aug 26 knobhead 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudsonville Mortgages