First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#102 Nov 19, 2012
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...if that's true, are you then admitting that widespread election fraud is the only way Obama got elected? Talk about whacked out...dude, you're the poster boy for 'whacked out'.
Take your conspiracry theories to Allen West.......
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#103 Nov 19, 2012
St Stephen wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/19/ opinion/stanley-secession/inde x.html?hpt=hp_t3
---Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank points out that many of the petitioners live in states that are net beneficiaries of federal largesse: Louisiana gets $1.45 for every $1 it pays in taxes and Alabama gets $1.71 for every $1.---
---Meanwhile, The Southern Poverty Law Center notes that the secession effort has attracted a predictable rogues' gallery of racists and neo-Nazis. Given that there was no similar large-scale effort to secede when Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton or George W. Bush won re-election, liberals can't be blamed for detecting a particular white fury at Obama's success.---
That is some southern racist's opinion Stevie boy, not fact. The "tard" would be you. Please put your helmet on Stevie, it will stop you from licking the windows and getting an infection that might be life threatening.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#104 Nov 19, 2012
Bob wrote:
LOL..well you're the clown claiming that Obama won when all those 'whacked out neocons' outnumber the Democrats. Tell us, boobie boy, how did that happen?
I take it math wasn't your strong suit in special ed.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#105 Nov 20, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen West has conceded defeat, this morning....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#106 Nov 20, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Allen West has conceded defeat, this morning....
That's too bad...... NOT!

Maybe he can run for office in the neo-con's new country if they ever quit whining like school girls and grow the balls to actually secede.

Location hidden

#107 Nov 20, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too bad...... NOT!
Maybe he can run for office in the neo-con's new country if they ever quit whining like school girls and grow the balls to actually secede.
I'd suggest he move to Grand Rapids...lol...
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#108 Nov 20, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Allen West has conceded defeat, this morning....
Another tea bag casualty. It's nice to know some part of this country will put up with bat sht for only so long.

Maybe he can get his own show in Fox now?

Location hidden

#109 Nov 20, 2012
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Another tea bag casualty. It's nice to know some part of this country will put up with bat sht for only so long.
Maybe he can get his own show in Fox now?
Hate to wish that on anybody...i actually used to remember when Mike Huckabee was a normal human....
Linda

United States

#110 Nov 20, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to wish that on anybody...i actually used to remember when Mike Huckabee was a normal human....
Huckabee was never like you Jason turd nuts. By the way, you and all your turd personalities are not normal. What ever happened to the Occupiers? I heard another one is busted for a bomb plot again.
EyeOnYou

Byron Center, MI

#111 Nov 20, 2012
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Government intrusion? Like a woman being told she's going to have to take a fetus to term even if she were raped? You can't get married if you're not attracted to the correct gender? You can't do recreational drugs because any expanded form of thought is a direct threat to the Judeo Christian mindset? You can't seek your own way out if you suffer from a debilitating, fatal condition? We can't use human stem cells to study and cure any number of diseases?
Whatever you call it I won't take it as a warning. A warning would mean these people have some sort of control over me or are a direct threat to me and my family. Well......they're not.
Well I for one don't agree that a women who was raped should be forced to carry the baby to term. That creates bastards who will almost certainly become criminals later in life. I DO believe that late-term abortion is murder though. So there you have it, the devil is in the details. Whether it's abortion, taxes, health care, etc, the states and the residents of those states must decide their own destiny as long as it doesn't violate the US Constitution. The Problem is is that Washington is deciding for us rather than giving the individual states the right to exercise state rights. California and the people who live there are mush different say, from people living in Utah. Do you see a shift occurring with red states becoming redder and blue states becoming bluer? It will eventually happen because D.C. has become a joke. The session movement isn't about actual secession, it's about reminding Washington that the individual states make up this country, not the other way around. By the way, I'm all for using stem cells to help people and I'm not one of those idiots that still believes the Earth is only 6000 years old.
EyeOnYou

Byron Center, MI

#112 Nov 20, 2012
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#113 Nov 21, 2012
EyeOnYou wrote:
<quoted text>Well I for one don't agree that a women who was raped should be forced to carry the baby to term. That creates bastards who will almost certainly become criminals later in life. I DO believe that late-term abortion is murder though. So there you have it, the devil is in the details. Whether it's abortion, taxes, health care, etc, the states and the residents of those states must decide their own destiny as long as it doesn't violate the US Constitution. The Problem is is that Washington is deciding for us rather than giving the individual states the right to exercise state rights. California and the people who live there are mush different say, from people living in Utah. Do you see a shift occurring with red states becoming redder and blue states becoming bluer? It will eventually happen because D.C. has become a joke. The session movement isn't about actual secession, it's about reminding Washington that the individual states make up this country, not the other way around. By the way, I'm all for using stem cells to help people and I'm not one of those idiots that still believes the Earth is only 6000 years old.
Well here is your chance. Both Washington State and Colorado decided to make recreational use of marijuana legal. Now, will the conservatives stand with these states? How about gay marriage passing in Maryland and Minnesota? A lot of so called conservatives want to see gay marriage outlawed at the federal level.

There is no doubt that government intrudes to much into our lives. Some of same people that are adding their names to this list want government in our lives in other ways. There is no consistency.

We are more free now than anytime in the last 100 years. There is less government regulation on businesses, the rich are taxed at a much lower rate, there is less government involvment with the banking system and people are allowed to express themselves much more openly.

All this is is a reaction to Obama getting re-elected. I wouldn't read anymore into it than that.
EyeOnYou

Byron Center, MI

#114 Nov 21, 2012
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here is your chance. Both Washington State and Colorado decided to make recreational use of marijuana legal. Now, will the conservatives stand with these states? How about gay marriage passing in Maryland and Minnesota? A lot of so called conservatives want to see gay marriage outlawed at the federal level.
There is no doubt that government intrudes to much into our lives. Some of same people that are adding their names to this list want government in our lives in other ways. There is no consistency.
We are more free now than anytime in the last 100 years. There is less government regulation on businesses, the rich are taxed at a much lower rate, there is less government involvment with the banking system and people are allowed to express themselves much more openly.
All this is is a reaction to Obama getting re-elected. I wouldn't read anymore into it than that.
Well I have to disagree with you about there being less government regulation on businesses. Of course this can depend on the business. Oil and gas industries are frequently burdened by environmental codes usually pushed for by environmentalist groups who use anything but science to back their reasoning for the adoption of such regulations. Of course that doesn't mean that we should have no oversight whatsoever, but frequently it goes too far. We can't drill here because we have to save a lizard that will survive anyway...etc..etc. Add now Obamacare and that in itself is scaring business into hiring. Did you know that corporations are talking now about reducing the personal work-week to 29 hours? They're talking about that because they wouldn't have to cover the additional employees who haven't been with the company long enough to qualify for a company policy. Looks like two part time jobs for a lot of people in the future. There many other regulations, business or otherwise that have been heaped on Americans during the past 50 years or so. I can't possibly list them all here. As far as taxing the rich? This depends on how you look at it. If you believe that the rich create more jobs through the use of their wealth, then you probably want them to keep more of their earnings. Remember, we are talking about looking out for someone else here, someone with whom a job was created because of personal investment by the said "rich" individual. I you believe that the wealthy don't create that many jobs but rather hoard their money like some robber baron, then you might be responding to envy. I want to be clear on the banking system. ALL large banks are joined at the hip with government at least in some ways. Don't ask me to explain because it will take a large book on the subject to explain the subject. Now, I will tell you where I stand on the legalization of Marijuana and gay marriage. I personally think Marijuana should no longer be classed as a schedule 2 narcotic. We waste so mush money fighting the retarded war on drugs that it's beyond pathetic. As far as gay marriage goes, who cares. If two men or women want to exchange vows then who am I to judge them? I don't believe in gay adoption though because of the possible ramifications for the child later down the road in life. Remember, individual states see things differently and they vary on issues. When the feds come in and say, "Nope, everybody has to be the same and that's that", that's when constitutional crises occur which is what we seeing at present. I guess I take a Libertarian view on most issues. Too bad there are not more Libertarians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 20 min Casual Observer 2,314
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 9 hr No_More_Dems 106
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) 11 hr glassy girl 8
Obama and cocaine addicts 19 hr Leroy 11
go blue goes black Tue Idea Maker 68
Crowd Walks Out On Obama Tue no_more_dems 6
Watch Racebaiter Oprah Wigout On Guest's Opinion Tue Eldasha 54
Hudsonville Dating
Find my Match

Hudsonville Jobs