First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#1 Apr 8, 2013
Nothing like a Ford Truck!

New Truck built by a company we didn't bail out...

I bought a new Ford F250 Tri-Flex Fuel Truck

Go figure,... it runs on either hydrogen, gasoline, or E85!

However, I returned to the dealer yesterday

Because I couldn't get the radio to work.

The service technician explained that the radio was voice-activated.

'Nelson,' the technician said to the radio.

The radio replied,'Ricky or Willie?'

'Willie!' he continued and 'On The Road Again'

Came from the speakers.

Then he said,'Ray Charles!', and in an instant

' Georgia On My Mind' replaced Willie Nelson.

I drove away happy, and for the next few days,

Every time I'd say,'Beethoven,'

I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said,

'Beatles,' I'd get one of their awesome songs.

Yesterday, some guy ran a red light

And nearly creamed my new truck ,

But I swerved in time to avoid him.

I yelled,' Ass Hole!'

Immediately the radio responded with,

"Ladies and gentlemen,

The President of The

United States !"

Damn I love this truck....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 9, 2013
.....Never forget the thrill, as a very young man, of going into the Ford dealership and ordering to spec, the exact 1974 Ford Supervan i wanted from the factory.....Chrome package...AC...Passenger seat $44....Rear Pop-out windows $19 each....total $4200, plus tax....as i recall....i felt like a King in that van....i would later put in a bed/storage unit, paneling and brown shag everywhere.....hell, that van almost cost me my first marriage....lol....but, that's a different story....lol....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#3 Apr 9, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
.....Never forget the thrill, as a very young man, of going into the Ford dealership and ordering to spec, the exact 1974 Ford Supervan i wanted from the factory.....Chrome package...AC...Passenger seat $44....Rear Pop-out windows $19 each....total $4200, plus tax....as i recall....i felt like a King in that van....i would later put in a bed/storage unit, paneling and brown shag everywhere.....hell, that van almost cost me my first marriage....lol....but, that's a different story....lol....
That brings back some good times....

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#4 Apr 9, 2013
I've always been a "Ford" guy, I have a 2004 F150, and have never had any problems with it.
I was thinking about buying a new one last fall.
But, the company I work for switched from Chevy's to Ford's because the Chevy's were having engine problems. But the new Fords are allway's in the shop. Seem to have front and rear axle problems, and fuel injectors going out all the time.
Those cost about $450 ea,
Also the ego booster models have had the turbo's going out, at a cost of about $2000 ea.
Do your research before you buy.
The Chevy's that have had to have the engines replaced have all been the ones with the engines that go from 8 cylinder's, down to 6 on the highway. If you don't choose that option, you might be o-k.
With all of the problems our company has had with the new Ford's, I would stay away from the F150 ego boost.
The rear axles go out....$1000
The fuel injectors keep going out.....$500 ea time
They have two little turbo's that go out,$1,000 ea.

Like I said, I've allway's been a Ford guy.
I have one now.

I was looking at a new one last fall.
I'm just glad I decided to keep me old 2004.

Sometimes I think all of this turbo, and engines that switch from 8 to 6 cylinder crap for gas mileage stuff just causes more problems,

I think my next truck will be a Chevy, and without the 8 to 6 cylinder switching BS.

Oneal

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2013
Chevy here (and a 60 dodge dart). I've never owned a Ford, but Henry Ford was an interesting man. He never wanted to build more than one kind of vehicle at a time and actually fired his staff if they tried to convince him otherwise. He'd scarcely recognize the industry he was so much a part of developing.
Alpha Dog

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Apr 10, 2013
Oneal wrote:
Chevy here (and a 60 dodge dart). I've never owned a Ford, but Henry Ford was an interesting man. He never wanted to build more than one kind of vehicle at a time and actually fired his staff if they tried to convince him otherwise. He'd scarcely recognize the industry he was so much a part of developing.
4 door or 2 door Dart?

Location hidden

#7 Apr 10, 2013
That van was the only truck i ever owned....drove a GMC Astro bigrig for an outfit in Vicksburg.....In another lifetime, i would like one of those new syle, bigger vans that Dodge/Mercedes-Benz build with the MB turbo-deisel engines.....Have had some excellent cars.....
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Apr 10, 2013
Alpha Dog wrote:
<quoted text>4 door or 2 door Dart?
2 dr/ slant 6

Location hidden

#10 Apr 11, 2013
I still have a 1970 Mustang Fastback, Auto, 302 V-8, Fac AC, Dual exhaust, Blue Met w/ Blk & white int.....sleepin in the garage...i parked it there 28 years ago.....

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#11 Apr 11, 2013
I'd invite everyone to take an internet tour down memory lane...it's a safe site, been there for several years...Enjoy!!!
http://www.carsinbarns.com/

You may want to save it as a favorite to check back with the monthly updates.
Oneal

Detroit, MI

#12 Apr 11, 2013
Thanks, Wiggley. Now the next two hours is shot. Lol. Rusty gold in those fields!

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#13 Apr 11, 2013
Oneal wrote:
Thanks, Wiggley. Now the next two hours is shot. Lol. Rusty gold in those fields!
Haha...yep...been there done that...sometimes it's just fun to go back through and look at them again, and again.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 11, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
I'd invite everyone to take an internet tour down memory lane...it's a safe site, been there for several years...Enjoy!!!
http://www.carsinbarns.com/
You may want to save it as a favorite to check back with the monthly updates.
Wiggly, my mustang look's way better than those...look's like all those fords been left outside, not in the barn...lol...Had a great-aunt Luly, she lived to 105....when she had the house in Leonidas....she had, what i believe was a 53 ford or Mercury....two-tone green....remember those 50's color combinations...lol...
Alpha Dog

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Apr 11, 2013
Found an original 429 Torino in a field in Illinois back in the early 90s. Very solid car sitting on its belly with no tires but very complete and in fairly good shape with solid floors and no real problem rot. The good old boys on he farm had bought the car from an older woman and pulled the engine to put it in a mud runner and left the carcass for dead. I bought the car for 500 bucks and found a correct year 429 an air conditioning unit for 2200. I had 2700 in that car and sold it a few years later for 6000. That car ended up going to Oregon in the early 2000s where the new owner did a top shelf restoration. That car would be worth well over 25000 today in original, restored condition. I'm glad I found it, I fell upon it by chance, before it got bad and hopefully it's still tearing up the pavement somewhere out there.
SOS in Mesa

Tempe, AZ

#17 Apr 11, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
2 dr/ slant 6
The slant six was totally bullet proof. Not too fast but lived for ever.

Location hidden

#18 Apr 12, 2013
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>The slant six was totally bullet proof. Not too fast but lived for ever.
Had a friend in Fort Lauderdale, with three teenage daughters....he bought each Dodge's and Plymouth's that had that engine...he said it was semi-bulletproof and so simple, he could do any repairs...lol...That was originally an engine, designed by Buick engineers, right? Or i might be confusing the Jeep engine....
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#19 Apr 12, 2013
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>The slant six was totally bullet proof. Not too fast but lived for ever.
Agreed. All show and no go, but ridiculously simple to work on and absolutely indestructible. Purrs like a kitten too!

Fired up without a hitch after a long Winter's nap, but when I pushed the brake it went straight to the floor. Always something :)
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Apr 12, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. All show and no go, but ridiculously simple to work on and absolutely indestructible. Purrs like a kitten too!
Fired up without a hitch after a long Winter's nap, but when I pushed the brake it went straight to the floor. Always something :)
Power brakes? If there is no fluid on the floor chances are (if you have power brakes) that it's the master cylinder, they tend to go bad quickly when they sit for long periods at a time on old cars. If it is, a rebuild kit usually doesn't cost much.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Apr 12, 2013
My favorite car was a 1971 Buick GS 455 that I had in my early 20's. It was kind of ugly using today's standards, brown with a black vinyl roof and black interior but man was that car cool, and very quick. I bought it off my brother's best friend when he joined the Army so I was familiar with the car well before I bought it.

Unfortunately the car got smacked while parked on the street in the middle of the night a year or so after I bought it, hit and run, and was damaged pretty baddly. Whatever hit it was big because it was able to drive off after absolutely crushing the rear end. It started and ran but buckled the frame, ran the trunk into the back seat and even creased the roof, so it was a total loss.

Location hidden

#22 Apr 12, 2013
You guy's remember your first car?.....Mine was a 1961 Buick Invicta Convertible, White with Blk. top and Red & White leather interior, 401 V-8, i believe 325 HP...$400....everything worked....Invicta was later, the Wildcat.....it had a button next to the dimmer button on the floor, where you could scan the stereo, without reaching over......also had a dial by the speedo, where you could set a spped, say 65...and it would buzz if you went beyond it.....Many a fair maiden, met their demise in that car....(evil laugh).....Actually to those familiar with the movie, Animal House....it was the twin to the convertible John Belushi and the hot blond, drive away in the end......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) 7 hr Sharon 9
Local News Women (Apr '09) 8 hr Casual Shoes 2,317
2014 wastebook 11 hr Phil 1
Does anybody miss the Nancy boy pipedream from ... 12 hr Phil 1
New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) 13 hr Chiropractor From... 225
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Wed No_More_Dems 106
Obama and cocaine addicts Wed Leroy 11
Hudsonville Dating
Find my Match

Hudsonville Jobs

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hudsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudsonville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]