Boy Scouts: Would you let a gay Scoutmaster take your child camping?

Created by Concerned parent on Feb 9, 2013

111 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, the gays sincerely want to mentor children

No, it's just perverted insanity

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cahar

Zephyrhills, FL

#50 Feb 21, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single adult male who has molested a child at a boy scout event over the years has been a supposedly straight male and most of them were married with kids of their own. It got so bad that in the 1980's they instituted a program to address sexual abuse--by straight males--which included many reforms and regulations like adults not being left alone with children, there has to be two adults at all times. Pretty f'ed up....and not because of one openly gay man.
Straight men don't molest little boys though. And time and time again has proven gay men can also be pedophiles (look up Jesse Dirkhising, who was raped by two gay lovers).
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#51 Feb 21, 2013
Youre a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hypocrite you are. You hate the Boy Scouts and what they stand for, and yet you demand gays be let in. If it's such a hateful, bigoted organization, why would you and they want to join it anyway?
You should just form your own gay scouting organization, and the you can teach whatever depravity you want in it. You can even join forces with the atheists and sit around a campfire bashing Christians all evening. You have no right to force yourselves into a private organization, and you make no sense for wanting to join it anyway.
You're just a hypocritical ignorant bigot.
And you're a hillbilly. I don't hate the Boy Scouts, I don't agree with them on this issue. I'm saying that a gay scout leader would not be anymore likely to molest a child than any other adult.

Since they don't allow openly gay scout leaders and never have then all the problems they have had in the past with molestation (and there have been plenty) have been carried out by straight males and many of those males were married with children of their own.

I have no desire to start up my own gay scouting group...well, because I'm not gay.

As far as someone not having the right to join a private organization goes? Well, I'm sure you were all for keeping the blackies out of Augusta National too and how about the Mormon church?

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

You see the difference between you and me is I don't hate groups of people. I just hate the intolerant ones and the ones who hate others. You hate gays because you're uncomfortable with your own sexuality or because you have been taught to hate them by those who raised you. I don't hate Christians as a group and wholehartedly agree with 97% of their beliefs. I was raised Christian and my entire family is Christian. I don't like those who use Christianity as a reason to hate others.

Matthew 7:15

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.
OhOhObama

Grand Rapids, MI

#52 Feb 21, 2013
Be like giving Charles Manson a church to do sermons and ,other, things.

Noone will send the kids there anymore.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#54 Feb 22, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>False prophets? Like people who claim they are Christian, but don't believe in God's word? Or the cafeteria Christians who pick and choose what parts of the Bible they will use to further their own agendas?
The problem here is that you have no idea what I believe. A few posts to GR Topix is not enough information to come to a firm conclusion on my religious beliefs.

You on the other hand have made it crystal clear on where you stand when it comes to hate and therefore you are nothing more than the very same thing you accuse me of---a cafeteria Christian. In this case using a few vague references to justify your extreme hatred of a whole group a people and attempting to further your own agenda of hate.
Davet

Hudsonville, MI

#55 Feb 22, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem here is that you have no idea what I believe. A few posts to GR Topix is not enough information to come to a firm conclusion on my religious beliefs.
You on the other hand have made it crystal clear on where you stand when it comes to hate and therefore you are nothing more than the very same thing you accuse me of---a cafeteria Christian. In this case using a few vague references to justify your extreme hatred of a whole group a people and attempting to further your own agenda of hate.
Steve, are you and Bob related? Your both ignorent blow hards.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#56 Feb 22, 2013
Davet wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve, are you and Bob related? Your both ignorent blow hards.
It's really funny that you used the wrong version of you're and then it was really, really funny when you spelled ignorant wrong.

Ignorant: 1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Davet

Hudsonville, MI

#57 Feb 22, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really funny that you used the wrong version of you're and then it was really, really funny when you spelled ignorant wrong.
Ignorant: 1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Enjoy then smart ash.
OhOhObama

Grand Rapids, MI

#59 Feb 23, 2013
Now boys, here is how we apply makeup in the woods using natural ingredients.
Grant

United States

#60 Feb 24, 2013
OhOhObama wrote:
LOL
Thstanley

Hudsonville, MI

#61 Feb 25, 2013
OhOhObama wrote:
Thats the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Richard Head

Caledonia, MI

#62 Mar 14, 2013
bobolinq

Grand Rapids, MI

#63 Mar 17, 2013
and what's wrong with having a happy, carefree scout master?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holder Says He Regrets Fox Reporter Subpoena .... 1 hr DR X 3
Democrat's Husband Caught Stealing Republican C... 6 hr Phil 3
21st century huberis flips the bird to national... Wed bobolinq 1
Sturgis latino festival (Aug '07) Wed sturgis urinal 6
Hillary says, "Businesses Don't Create Jobs" Wed Oneal 3
"I was in a state of denial:" West Mi... Wed cora arch 1
Voting Machines Changing R Votes To D Votes ...... Wed Oneal 4
Hudsonville Dating
Find my Match

Hudsonville People Search