created by: Concerned parent | Feb 9, 2013

Grand Rapids, MI

111 votes

Boy Scouts: Would you let a gay Scoutmaster take your child camping?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes, the gays sincerely want to mentor children
  • No, it's just perverted insanity

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of52
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Republican are Killers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Has nothing to do with the man being gay, Boy Scouts is a Christian organization, and that's why it's dangerous. No organization has more pedophiles in it than a Christian organization.
its just wrong

Evart, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, you seem to be an expert on child molestation AND homosexuals. I'm assuming previous experience with both?
Yeah you're right about "St. Stephen" - seems like an expert on a lot of things he claims not to be. Notice that in his original rant about this topic he had to remind everyone that he is "happily married" and "straight" and "doesn't really know many gays."

Hmm, whatever.
Republican are Killers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>It has EVERYTHING to do with homosexuals. Now go back to bed, your boyfriends getting antsy.
Get back to church, the children are gonna get away!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Republican are Killers wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to church, the children are gonna get away!
....LOL....
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Has nothing to do with the man being gay, Boy Scouts is a Christian organization, and that's why it's dangerous. No organization has more pedophiles in it than a Christian organization.
Prove it.
Sharon

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

There are far more pedophiles and gay child molesters in the public schools than in any other institution or organization.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, you seem to be an expert on child molestation AND homosexuals. I'm assuming previous experience with both?
Let's just say I have contacts in the criminal justice system and leave it at that. As far as gays go? Yeah because I don't hate them that must mean I am one of them....OK. Stay childish and embrace your hate, should get you far in life.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Sharon wrote:
<quoted text>
There are far more pedophiles and gay child molesters in the public schools than in any other institution or organization.
Youth pastors are one of the favorite careers of pedophiles.

https://www.google.com/search...
Judith

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say I have contacts in the criminal justice system and leave it at that. As far as gays go? Yeah because I don't hate them that must mean I am one of them....OK. Stay childish and embrace your hate, should get you far in life.
It's all Bush's fault, isn't it?
ryan

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Shaniqua wrote:
The gays are just awful. Young children should not be subjected to this type of behavior.
Most gays hate Christians anyway. Why would they want to be part of an organization with so many practicing Christians, unless their real goal is to ruin it?
Could you show me where you got these "facts" from. I would really love to see the source of your claims. There is a very big difference between a homosexual and a child molester. I am attracted to females, so does that mean that as a man I would go after little girls?

You are the prime example of what is wrong with this world.. not what gender a person is attracted to.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Did a little time, huh? Then you definitely know about the "lifestyle." Stay on the wrong side of God and you'll be going far yourself.
Never did time, never arrested, never tangled with the law.

As far as the worng side of God? You've chosen the path of hate over love and understanding. You might want to heed your own warning.
Truth

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The issue really does not have anything to do with gay/straight etc.

It centeres on being "morally straight".

This is the Boy Scout Rule. It is THEIR business how they interpret 'straight'.

It is none of ANYONE's business since they are a private organization.

If you are homosexual and want to join the BSA, TOO BAD. Join another group.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
The issue really does not have anything to do with gay/straight etc.
It centeres on being "morally straight".
This is the Boy Scout Rule. It is THEIR business how they interpret 'straight'.
It is none of ANYONE's business since they are a private organization.
If you are homosexual and want to join the BSA, TOO BAD. Join another group.
Christians are always excluding. Either you're not the right flavor of Christian, no Christian at all or in some cases not the correct gender. Exclusion, elitism, whatever you choose to call it. A person's sexuality is the end all be all when it comes to defining morality yet today's Christians turn a blind eye to greed, gluttony, violence and excess? Being gay is evil but being fat, lazy, armed and materialistic is virtuous?

And you wonder why Christianity is dying? You people don't even grasp the basic foundations of your own religion.
Truth

Bremerton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

BSA is NOT a christian organization.

Show me where it says they are......

There are Hindus, Muslims and Bhuddists in the BSA.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
BSA is NOT a christian organization.
Show me where it says they are......
There are Hindus, Muslims and Bhuddists in the BSA.
So an organization that was founded in the US by an Anglican priest, defines it's own moral code based on reverence and has booted out Atheist scout leaders is not a Christian organization?

Tell me then, why is it Christians who are the most vocal opponent when it comes to gay scout leaders?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/15/christi...

You are trying to argue semantics here but you ahve failed.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
So an organization that was founded in the US by an Anglican priest, defines it's own moral code based on reverence and has booted out Atheist scout leaders is not a Christian organization?
Tell me then, why is it Christians who are the most vocal opponent when it comes to gay scout leaders?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/15/christi...
You are trying to argue semantics here but you ahve failed.
BSA consider themselves a civic and faith based group, not specific to Christianity. However, considering in America between Catholicism and other forms of belief in Christ, Christianity is more prevalent than other faiths it just stands to reason more Christians would participate in this faith-based organization. More Christians participating means more Christian influence. That might answer your question about their vocality to gay scout masters.
So, while you're right in considering the BSA a predominantly Christian organization, it might be dictated more by the beliefs of the people who choose to join.

Just a thought - nothing I want to endure a religion-bashing response over.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
BSA consider themselves a civic and faith based group, not specific to Christianity. However, considering in America between Catholicism and other forms of belief in Christ, Christianity is more prevalent than other faiths it just stands to reason more Christians would participate in this faith-based organization. More Christians participating means more Christian influence. That might answer your question about their vocality to gay scout masters.
So, while you're right in considering the BSA a predominantly Christian organization, it might be dictated more by the beliefs of the people who choose to join.
Just a thought - nothing I want to endure a religion-bashing response over.
I agree 100%. It is not a Christian organization on paper but if someone thinks that this whole anti-gay leadership stance isn't brought on by so called "Christian morality" (or what they believe it to be) then they are kidding themselves.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. It is not a Christian organization on paper but if someone thinks that this whole anti-gay leadership stance isn't brought on by so called "Christian morality" (or what they believe it to be) then they are kidding themselves.
Still, regardless of it's inception, the Boy Scouts has too many good virtues and teaches kids too many positive abilities and life lessons to even threaten it's existance over which scout or leader might be gay.....
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing stopping an atheist group from forming a similar organization, right? Maybe they already do. They could openly embrace LGBT(Q)- I think they added Q on their name now to represent those "questioning" their sexuality. Or just state we are accepting of everyone, no matter what.

But I wonder how accepting an atheist-dominant scout organization would be of an openly Christian scoutmaster applicant? They might be perfectly fine with that.

AND, if the BSA stays true to their standards, and the American citizenship has moved on from those antiquated beliefs, it shouldn't be too hard given time for the non-religion scout group to become the largest organization for scouting in America.
Youre a joke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hypocrite you are. You hate the Boy Scouts and what they stand for, and yet you demand gays be let in. If it's such a hateful, bigoted organization, why would you and they want to join it anyway?

You should just form your own gay scouting organization, and the you can teach whatever depravity you want in it. You can even join forces with the atheists and sit around a campfire bashing Christians all evening. You have no right to force yourselves into a private organization, and you make no sense for wanting to join it anyway.

You're just a hypocritical ignorant bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of52
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••