Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#369 Oct 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Hey Beaves I'm pretty sure you get your news from Faux News - Am I Right?
Nope. Actually the national stuff I generally get from RealClearPolitics.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/welcomead/...

It's fun to read both sides. And of course if one reads anything by Krugman or Dionne and doesn't realize just how stupid they are, they have no business participating in any conversation on any subject.

Sorry, I don't have time to watch Fox, CNN or MSNBC or listen to the radio. Too busy.

BTW, you complain about Fox but do you really think that the opposite; MSNBC and the old fat blond "tingly leg" guy has an IQ that is even more than 1/2 that of anyone on Fox? I've only seen that guy a couple of times, but I had more sense than he does when I was 16 and drunk on cheap beer. Which is pretty much the intellectual level where most liberals on TV seem to live.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#370 Oct 17, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, it was available on many places on the web, including:
http://nationalreport.net/obama-uses-money-op...
Later it was revealed to be a hoax but that was after all the speeches and stuff. What I find interesting is that when the story first broke, both sides believed it. There aren't any stories of the D's saying it was fake or distancing themselves from the supposed comments of the President.
What made it work was that it was believable to many folks, both opponents and supporters.
There aren't any stories of D's saying it was fake ...?
How about the reports themselves being so utterly ridiculous and the source reporting it being Faux News, and what it is, that most people could/would see it for what it was fake -- and then just move on. The only people who seemed to believe it are/were hard core right wing extremists. So I guess if you were one of those fooled, you must also fit that profile.
Then again Faux news did apologize for the story soon after it aired and maybe that is another reason not too many people, except for hard-core right wing extremists, who thought much about it. Once it again it was seen for what is is. To be quite honest I haven't heard much about it on any news outlet. You're the first person I heard it ever mentioned.

In any case, you're way too Funny Beaves. You should look into your own comedy hour via the airwaves in some shape, manner or form. You will do well.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#371 Oct 17, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Actually the national stuff I generally get from RealClearPolitics.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/welcomead/...
It's fun to read both sides. And of course if one reads anything by Krugman or Dionne and doesn't realize just how stupid they are, they have no business participating in any conversation on any subject.
Sorry, I don't have time to watch Fox, CNN or MSNBC or listen to the radio. Too busy.
BTW, you complain about Fox but do you really think that the opposite; MSNBC and the old fat blond "tingly leg" guy has an IQ that is even more than 1/2 that of anyone on Fox? I've only seen that guy a couple of times, but I had more sense than he does when I was 16 and drunk on cheap beer. Which is pretty much the intellectual level where most liberals on TV seem to live.
Don't be stupid Beaves and try to change the subject -- enter various news orgs -- and how messed up the are.

The point is the Beaves -- You believed that piece you heard or read somewhere that purports to quote Barack Obama from a talk talk he made during the GOP Slimdown. You believed it enough to interject what was stated word for word into your reply to Go Blue ... and then ask Go Blue if agreed "with the President that government funds should be used to keep the Muslim museum open while at the same time be used to baracade the open parks/monuments/museums in DC"

I guess we'll just have to believe that you believe right wing extremism to the point you would even mistake it as true/real when it was actually nothing more than satire.

If Faux News reports it, it must be the truth, eh Beaves?
El Cid

Byron Center, MI

#372 Oct 17, 2013
Por cualquieres medios necesarios.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#373 Oct 18, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but there is nothing in the progressive agenda that is truly progressive.
Was it progress when auto using the internal combustion engine replaced the horse and buggy?

People used to light their homes with whale oil lamps, so most would say that the invention of electricity was progress.

It's a wonder that you adapted to posting your thoughts on the internet instead of typing your replies on a manual typewriter and mailing them in to a local newspaper!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#374 Oct 18, 2013
The bottom line about this latest shutdown was caused by the Republicans trying to force the Democrats and Obama to defund the Affordable Care Act.

The mere fact that they thought this had any chance at all is a reflection of how far out of the mainstream that party has fallen to.

Teddy Cruz stood in the Senate for 21 hours reciting Dr. Seuss stories to show how much the Koch Bros hated the law, and the right wing media was all agog as this great Fauxlibuster. Then he ran to the House to push those Koch Bros funded radicals to push the idea.

It had no chance in either the Senate or the White House and everyone with half a brain knew it. The Democrats weren't going to defund it, weren't going to delay it, and it was idiotic to think it would.

We then got to watch these kooks gather at the WWII memorial so they could explain to everyone that it wasn't their fault. One pizz poor excuse of leadership, publically berated a park official for doing the very job she was forced to do by the knuckle dragging idiot's vote!

Finally, the Democrats and a few moderate Republicans forced Boehner to give a bipartisan Senate bill the chance for a straight up or down vote where it passed with all of the Democrats and a handful of thinking Republicans supporting it.

The only thing we hear from the fanatics?

We're going to primary the moderates out of office!

When the country doesn't support their shift to the radical right, the answer is to move even farther to the right.......

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result!
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#375 Oct 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
The bottom line about this latest shutdown was caused by the Republicans trying to force the Democrats and Obama to defund the Affordable Care Act.
And the Dbags trying to force the Republicans to roll over and give them a blank spending check.
Looks like neither side got exactly what they wanted.
Hey...the tacobus is about to leave without you, Baaaab...better hurry.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#376 Oct 18, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't any stories of D's saying it was fake ...?
How about the reports themselves being so utterly ridiculous and the source reporting it being Faux News, and what it is, that most people could/would see it for what it was fake -- and then just move on. The only people who seemed to believe it are/were hard core right wing extremists. So I guess if you were one of those fooled, you must also fit that profile.
Then again Faux news did apologize for the story soon after it aired and maybe that is another reason not too many people, except for hard-core right wing extremists, who thought much about it. Once it again it was seen for what is is. To be quite honest I haven't heard much about it on any news outlet. You're the first person I heard it ever mentioned.
In any case, you're way too Funny Beaves. You should look into your own comedy hour via the airwaves in some shape, manner or form. You will do well.
I hadn't heard anything about it either until Go Blue Forever brought it up in #329. He said that Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz were at the WWII Memorial talking about Obama and his Koran along with his certain foreign birth. That didn't sound right to me so I did a simple search for Obama, WW2 Memorial, Koran and found a lot of links to the story. It wasn't Palin and Cruz who were talking about Obama and his Koran, it was another individual from some group I've never heard of. Of course, no one around here corrected GBF on that because Palin/Cruz talking about Obama's Koran was just as believable to them as Obama praising the Muslims was to the other side.

Nice thing about the internet is that for those who want to take the time, research is much easier and faster than it used to be. And one can read an article and the comments and get both sides and make their own evaluation. Downside is that one still has to separate the wheat from the chaff and with the internet, there is a lot more chaff than there used to be.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#377 Oct 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it progress when auto using the internal combustion engine replaced the horse and buggy?
People used to light their homes with whale oil lamps, so most would say that the invention of electricity was progress.
It's a wonder that you adapted to posting your thoughts on the internet instead of typing your replies on a manual typewriter and mailing them in to a local newspaper!
Of course those things were real progress, which is why the left wants to get rid of them.
1. Get rid of the cars and put everyone back on trains.
2. Get rid of coal and electric plants and move to wind and solar.
3. Control and monitor everyone's activity on the internet.

#3 is the only one the left can't shut down so they are going for control.

As I said, there isn't anything progressive about progressives, all of their policies are regressive. But they usually sound good and so the Rachel Jeantels of the country line up in droves to vote for the fake fixes put forth by the left.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#378 Oct 18, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course those things were real progress, which is why the left wants to get rid of them.
1. Get rid of the cars and put everyone back on trains.
2. Get rid of coal and electric plants and move to wind and solar.
3. Control and monitor everyone's activity on the internet.
#3 is the only one the left can't shut down so they are going for control.
As I said, there isn't anything progressive about progressives, all of their policies are regressive. But they usually sound good and so the Rachel Jeantels of the country line up in droves to vote for the fake fixes put forth by the left.
Whatever........ And at the end of all this, it was still your party that lost in their bid to force their twisted agenda on the other side of the aisle.

Claim it as a victory and don't try to learn from what the vast majority think was a horrendous mistake on your part. You've only got to wait another 90 days before your next chance to prove to the electorate that they haven't moved far enough to the right!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#379 Oct 18, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Dbags trying to force the Republicans to roll over and give them a blank spending check.
Looks like neither side got exactly what they wanted.
Hey...the tacobus is about to leave without you, Baaaab...better hurry.
Hey Douche-bag lets see you show us how Obama and the democrats were demanding a "Blank" spending check from the RepubliCONS. The entire 16-day GOP shutdown was over the GOPs (T-baggers) demands that any debt limit CR be tied to defunding Obamacare. How is raising the debt limit a "blank" spending check for the Democrats. Also show us how Obamacare can even be LEGALLY Defunded.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#380 Oct 18, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Except this is not the DC forum, it's the GR forum. I'm pretty sure we've never had a discussion about who should be Mayor of DC. That's for the DC forum. And I've only lived in this area for a year. I've lived in lots of places and while I said that it did hit DC harder than other places, that was an argument for breaking DC up, not having sympathy for DC.
I don't remember the guys name but there used to be a comic that had a bit about people who built in a flood plane and then there houses would flood. They would be on the news talking about how their house had floated away just like it had a few years ago. And then he would call them idiots and yell MOVE YOU BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP. He would do the same thing with people who lived in California and complained about earthquakes or those who lived in Phoenix and complained about the heat. IT'S A BLEEPING DESERT YOU BLEEPING MORON!!
Yes, DC got hit a little harder by this but there are lots of articles that show that while the rest of the country was and still is getting hit by the recession, it never touched DC and the surrounding area.
You compare what happened to the housing market in Vegas and DC and then try to sell me the DC sob story.
See, many of us in this country didn't get paid for months, not just two weeks at some point over the last four years. And we didn't get back pay when we went back to work. The policies of the progressives sound great but when put in place, they do more harm than good. The phrase "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" is the political slogan of the progressives and has been since the 1700's.
You've read plenty of articles that D.C. and the surrounding area were not touched by the recession? Where are they?
I can tell you from first hand experience that D.C. and the surrounding area were not affected at the same time as other areas like Vegas. It took longer for it to hit here because of D.C. but it certainly has had a very negative affect here.
Your comment about not getting paid is exactly the point I've been making. If you don't get paid, like some 200,000+ people in this area alone, you don't spend. The gov't workers will get their money but the 200,000 others won't. That's money lost to all sorts of vendors of food, entertainment, fuel, etc etc.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#381 Oct 18, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but given they worship at the O-lter I doubt I or anyone who disagrees with the divine one will get on.
And again, if this was really so horrible, than give some examples of folks, here in Grand Rapids, not DC that truly lost loads of income because of this. Otherwise admit it was a PR play by the politicians and find something else to talk about.
I seriously doubt you actually believe they all "worship at the O-lter". I do think you can't back up your claim and are backing down. That's OK...I would too.
I don't remember the original money loss figures being about only G.R. nor were your claims centered there. The point was, and still is, money was lost that will never be recovered by hundreds of thousands of people.
Even the gov't employees would be foolish to spend all their backpay because we all know the Jan 15 deadline will come and go and we'll be in the same spot all over again. That will severly limit how they spend over the Holiodays which will be even more revenue lost buy businesses.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#382 Oct 18, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Hey Douche-bag
DO you always look in the mirror when you talk to yourself, dbag? What a clueless, demented old dustball you are.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#383 Oct 18, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt you actually believe they all "worship at the O-lter". I do think you can't back up your claim and are backing down. That's OK...I would too.
I don't remember the original money loss figures being about only G.R. nor were your claims centered there. The point was, and still is, money was lost that will never be recovered by hundreds of thousands of people.
Even the gov't employees would be foolish to spend all their backpay because we all know the Jan 15 deadline will come and go and we'll be in the same spot all over again. That will severly limit how they spend over the Holiodays which will be even more revenue lost buy businesses.
And that is a direct result of the immature children in DC, both Dems and Republicans. And you are correct, we will see this again in February because they are totally unwilling to do their jobs. They should all be fired, every darn one of them!

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#384 Oct 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And that is a direct result of the immature children in DC, both Dems and Republicans. And you are correct, we will see this again in February because they are totally unwilling to do their jobs. They should all be fired, every darn one of them!
If We the People could vote for and elect politicians selected and endorsed by We the People instead of having to vote for candidates presented to us by Big Business we stand a chance of fixing things. Until that happens we will continue to have to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
An example of this is the push I've read about to replace Justin Amash. The push is being headed up by business owners, not the people.
I agree they all need to go and have been saying so for a long time.
I will also repeat...We have the best government money can buy.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#385 Oct 19, 2013
And to add to my last post...I don't necessarily agree with Amash, it's just the origin of the push to have him replaced...business owners, not the People.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#386 Oct 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
If We the People could vote for and elect politicians selected and endorsed by We the People instead of having to vote for candidates presented to us by Big Business we stand a chance of fixing things. Until that happens we will continue to have to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
An example of this is the push I've read about to replace Justin Amash. The push is being headed up by business owners, not the people.
I agree they all need to go and have been saying so for a long time.
I will also repeat...We have the best government money can buy.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
You wont get an argument from me. We must look beyond party politics and find people who believe in the idea of America not their ideal of how "they" want it to be, the new saying should be "money walk let the truth talk"

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#387 Oct 19, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>You wont get an argument from me. We must look beyond party politics and find people who believe in the idea of America not their ideal of how "they" want it to be, the new saying should be "money walk let the truth talk"
Hey there SE. I agree if We the People are going to move forward we need to find a middle ground that transcends politics and the money that drives it. We the People need to find representation that reflects a broader view of the actual People and not the businesss and their money.

Have a great weekend!!!

PS...I can't help but think of the origin of your topix name. The incident of the "shoeless eluder" hiding in the ditch a few years back.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#388 Oct 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And that is a direct result of the immature children in DC, both Dems and Republicans. And you are correct, we will see this again in February because they are totally unwilling to do their jobs. They should all be fired, every darn one of them!
After the teaparty House republican's shutdown our government, threatening the economy and costing U.S. Taxpayers $24 Billion Dollars.....Your post is typical spin, to deflect any blame to everyone, huh?....It's never honest of you.....just typical....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) 14 min Go Blue Forever 4
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 17 min Oneal 50
Bengazi is back 19 min pipedream 100
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr Victoria 2,305
three white guys get wacked . . . 6 hr bobolinq 1
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 6 hr Ann 126
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 19 hr James Minier 946
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hudsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudsonville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••