Driver and Deputy Save Man from Burni...

Driver and Deputy Save Man from Burning Car

There are 11 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from May 18, 2008, titled Driver and Deputy Save Man from Burning Car. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

A man driving by an accident in Ottawa County helped a Sheriff's deputy save another man's life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Neko

United States

#1 May 19, 2008
I wonder why saving someone who tried to commit suicide is "rescuing" them?
Isn't that an oxymoron?
SLEEPIN BEAR

Holland, MI

#2 May 19, 2008
Getting into a burning car and trying to extract someone without increasing injury is something you only want to do once. The trained deputy and the citizen volunteer deserve the highest praise. You never know when that vehicle will explode, and they do.

The driver, I will assume from his actions, is a MORON.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#3 May 19, 2008
The word "hero" is much overused in our society today, but these two guys deserve to be called heros. They risked their lives to save another. That is a true hero!

“Go Red Wings!!!”

Since: Oct 07

Plainfield Township MI

#4 May 19, 2008
It is nice to see a positive story about law enforcement after some the latest fiascos that have been going on.
durr

United States

#5 May 19, 2008
Neko wrote:
Isn't that an oxymoron?
Obviously you didn't read the whole article he wasn't trying to commit suicide "either fell asleep or passed out" get your story straight before you assume things
Trish

United States

#6 May 19, 2008
Bobbiez wrote:
It is nice to see a positive story about law enforcement after some the latest fiascos that have been going on.
HURRAY for these really good men,,you dont hear of that alot anymore,,good to hear something good for achange ,,even though it was a bad accident ,,hope the young man will be alright...
A friend of Jason

Denver, CO

#7 May 19, 2008
Jason is an amazing person, and was DEFINATELY NOT in ANY WAY attempting to commit suicide! He made a mistake. That's part of life, people make dumb decisions and mistakes happen. Luckily God was with Jason and chose to keep him with us. God put Mr. Berends where Jason was that night, and he saved his life. Unfortunately his life is put on display for the public to scrutenize and judge him which people seem to be doing so easily. Thank you so much to Mr. Berends and all else who helped Jason that morning. Before you judge maybe put yourself on the other side, the side of those who woke up Sunday morning terrified for his life.
Honored

West Olive, MI

#8 May 22, 2008
True heros, glad they are there when we all need them.
Gail in Wyoming

Canton, MI

#9 May 22, 2008
Neko wrote:
Isn't that an oxymoron?
There's always a negative remark from you. Where did you get that "commit suicide" from?

Alcohol and drugs were involved. This young man is very lucky that there were brave people around to help out.

I also hope he sees this as a wake up call.
Ktkr

Aurora, CO

#10 May 24, 2008
Jason is not a moron. He is a young kid that made a very bad choice. I'm sure he has learned and is very grateful to be alive.
Trish

United States

#11 May 25, 2008
Ktkr wrote:
Jason is not a moron. He is a young kid that made a very bad choice. I'm sure he has learned and is very grateful to be alive.
Any update on jason?? CERTAIN PEOPLE STILL MAKE VERY MEAN AND RUDE REMARKS ON HERE,,HOPE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS NEVER GET ON HERE THEY,LL SURLLY BASH YOU FOR ALL THE MEAN STUFF YOU SAID,,some of us feel bad for all these young kids making very bad choices,,Like you said jason is not a moran,,just bad choice..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump has no chance 28 min In God We Trust 3
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... 33 min Disco Stu 25
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Carly 2,652
Brexit is America's advantage Mon RushFan666 3
Poor Little Patriots Mon RushFan666 23
Government and Green Energy Sun Idea Maker 31
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Sun Idea Maker 1,073
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudsonville Mortgages