Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#41 Sep 18, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Yep I am sure he planned it, and I agree 100% percent with your last sentence, yes there are some people who should not be allowed to own guns. To be clear I believe in background checks, and yes I have had mine checked more than once it is law here in Michigan even at gun shows no matter what kind of gun you buy..
Instead of further inconveniencing law-abiding citizens, we simply need to strengthen the penalties for those who break the law - especially when it comes to firearms.

This nut had at least two previous episodes of dangerously firing a gun - one into a ceiling and another at the tires of a parked car. AT THAT POINT HE SHOULD HAVE LOST HIS RIGHT TO OWN A WEAPON. Problem solved, and at no inconvenience to those of us who own weapons and use them responsibly and legally.

I am also all for background checks. We already have them. I am not for every single person who's been prescribed some anti-depressent a decade ago not being allowed to own or purchase a firearm however, or opening up Pandora's Box for a group of anti-gun zealots to just make rules up as they go, which is exactly what Obama and his group of progressive radicals would do if given the opportunity.

The progressives lost their last gun-grab attempt, and if they keep it up they'll begin to start losing more and more votes over it.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#42 Sep 18, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Yep I am sure he planned it, and I agree 100% percent with your last sentence, yes there are some people who should not be allowed to own guns. To be clear I believe in background checks, and yes I have had mine checked more than once it is law here in Michigan even at gun shows no matter what kind of gun you buy..
I still think he didn't plan this alone, but had help from the voices he kept hearing.....

What I just can't grasp is why so many people think that going through a background check is unconstitutional. Many of the same posters here that spout such nonsense are the same ones who either gladly list those they don't want to see owning a gun, or throw other parts of that same constitution under the bus to further their own pet causes.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#43 Sep 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be easy to agree that any plan was most likely hatched by the shooter AND the voices he was hearing.....
And while I haven't seen that part of the story, why would any respectable gun dealer refuse to sell somebody an assault rifle, but gladly accept cash for a shotgun?
Virginia law prevents the sale of assualt weapons to non-residents. He was not a resident. He purchased a Remington 870 instead which is not considered an assualt weapon.
Unfortunately, non of his prior incidents with the law and/or the military were introduced into any kind of database that could have prevented him from purchasing any type of weapon. The gun shop followed proper protocol refusing to sell him an assualt rifle but his request to purchase one would not have necessarily raised any flags.
And contrary to overly anxious news media to be the "first" to report it, he did not use an AR-15 or any other type of assualy weapon. Only the shotgun and a handgun he took from a law officer that he shot with the shotgun.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#44 Sep 18, 2013
IMTHENRAANDISUK wrote:
My point was this was a heavily armed, very secure base
secure? It would seem not so much since one guy was able to breech that security and if 'heavily armed and secure' isn't enough to keep civilians safe, I would say that is a powerful argument for allowing them the continued ability to do that job for themselves.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#45 Sep 18, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
secure? It would seem not so much since one guy was able to breech that security and if 'heavily armed and secure' isn't enough to keep civilians safe, I would say that is a powerful argument for allowing them the continued ability to do that job for themselves.
That's always struck me as odd..."heavily armed military base". It's an oxymoron at best. The Naval Yard is not in a combat zone so why would someone even think everyone is heavily armed...unless they've never been on a military base??
The guy should never have had a security clearance in the first place nor should he ever have been able to purchase a weapon of any kind. That's the root of the problem here.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#46 Sep 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
That's always struck me as odd..."heavily armed military base". It's an oxymoron at best. The Naval Yard is not in a combat zone so why would someone even think everyone is heavily armed...unless they've never been on a military base??
The guy should never have had a security clearance in the first place nor should he ever have been able to purchase a weapon of any kind. That's the root of the problem here.
Precisely.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#47 Sep 20, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely.
There was a report out today that the same company that issued Snowden's security clearance issued this guy's security clearance. Perhaps this company should not be used??
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#48 Sep 20, 2013
Do you know what happens to a person when they don't take their medication and suddenly stop in a mentally ill patient? Obviously you don't. It is very very bad. While someone may have been given a prescription for anti depressants years ago, it may be how they go off them. You cannot just stop. You have to be weaned, and that does not always work either. Some people are just mentally ill. It all depends on the individual. I truly wish people would open their minds about mental illness instead of being so closed minded. It exists and it should not be demonized. It is over abused, well yea, just like everything else in this world, but to generalize just makes it so much worse for those that are truly have mentally ill problems.
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of further inconveniencing law-abiding citizens, we simply need to strengthen the penalties for those who break the law - especially when it comes to firearms.
This nut had at least two previous episodes of dangerously firing a gun - one into a ceiling and another at the tires of a parked car. AT THAT POINT HE SHOULD HAVE LOST HIS RIGHT TO OWN A WEAPON. Problem solved, and at no inconvenience to those of us who own weapons and use them responsibly and legally.
I am also all for background checks. We already have them. I am not for every single person who's been prescribed some anti-depressent a decade ago not being allowed to own or purchase a firearm however, or opening up Pandora's Box for a group of anti-gun zealots to just make rules up as they go, which is exactly what Obama and his group of progressive radicals would do if given the opportunity.
The progressives lost their last gun-grab attempt, and if they keep it up they'll begin to start losing more and more votes over it.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#49 Sep 21, 2013
OK...I've heard some crazy things but this takes the cake...the CEO of the company that employed the shooter claims his company can help the Navy improve it's security...
http://www.wtop.com/41/3459459/Gunmans-employ...

The insanity continues...
Really

Wyoming, MI

#50 Sep 21, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Do you know what happens to a person when they don't take their medication and suddenly stop in a mentally ill patient? Obviously you don't. It is very very bad. While someone may have been given a prescription for anti depressants years ago, it may be how they go off them. You cannot just stop. You have to be weaned, and that does not always work either. Some people are just mentally ill. It all depends on the individual. I truly wish people would open their minds about mental illness instead of being so closed minded. It exists and it should not be demonized. It is over abused, well yea, just like everything else in this world, but to generalize just makes it so much worse for those that are truly have mentally ill problems.
<quoted text>
Apparently you didn't read Oneal's post? That or you were just looking for someone to attack again.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#51 Sep 24, 2013
Get ready folks BHO is about to announce his gun plan. People like the shooter at the Navy yard and Sandyhook are plants they are programed to do what they do so people like BHO can shame us all for the acts of a few. The frequency of these killings is proof to me, one more and its farewell to arms...
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#52 Sep 24, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
Get ready folks BHO is about to announce his gun plan. People like the shooter at the Navy yard and Sandyhook are plants they are programed to do what they do so people like BHO can shame us all for the acts of a few. The frequency of these killings is proof to me, one more and its farewell to arms...
LMAO.......

Congrats on winning the weekly "My Tinfoil Hat is TOO Tight" award!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#53 Sep 24, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO.......
Congrats on winning the weekly "My Tinfoil Hat is TOO Tight" award!
Not sure I've ever agreed with you, but claiming Obama is behind the slaughter of little children and Navy personnel is cuckoo for cocopuffs. It's right up there with the progressive nutballs claiming W planned the WTC attack and you temporarily pretending you're a Mexican! You really donned the tinfoil Sombraro that time, Roberto!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#54 Sep 24, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I've ever agreed with you, but claiming Obama is behind the slaughter of little children and Navy personnel is cuckoo for cocopuffs. It's right up there with the progressive nutballs claiming W planned the WTC attack and you temporarily pretending you're a Mexican! You really donned the tinfoil Sombraro that time, Roberto!
Rather like your contention to being something other than a simple minded dolt......

“Where I came from”

the universe

#55 Sep 24, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather like your contention to being something other than a simple minded dolt......
You wont be laughing when it happens. I like my hat it keeps my brain from soaking up yours and several others ignorance.

“Where I came from”

the universe

#56 Sep 24, 2013
Wont be long and the US will be declared a gun free zone....Zero tolerance and all that jazz. While others scream because their favorite football team lost another game, or some idiot wins the sprint cup.. I will be watching the politicians and listening to what they say. By the way BHO thinks the world is a safer place than it was five or six years ago because of him and his actions and policies. Now that made me laugh... Get ready for the ACA its comin your way and get ready to pay more and more and more etc etc etc etc. Fools
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#57 Sep 24, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
...or your far-flung educational merit contention. For the last time, that was just a name tag your manager handed you at Taco Boy, not a Masters Degree, Pedro!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#58 Sep 24, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
...or your far-flung educational merit contention. For the last time, that was just a name tag your manager handed you at Taco Boy, not a Masters Degree, Pedro!
Hahaha I see you're stuck on stupid again. When will you come back to reality? Feel a little bit sorry for you. You can't seem get that ignorant, racist look off your mugg can you.?
Dark Moth

Byron Center, MI

#59 Sep 24, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha I see you're stuck on stupid again. When will you come back to reality? Feel a little bit sorry for you. You can't seem get that ignorant, racist look off your mugg can you.?
Close your cakehole you failure of God's experiment!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#60 Sep 25, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah.......

And now tell us about that gold star you got from your home school teacher during sex ed. class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Victim in ponzi scheme comes forward (May '09) 14 min girly3 39
are you texas enough? 25 min bobolinq 1
bruce jenner!? who cares! 10 hr Oneal 4
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr tom wingo 1,931
News 1 dead, 4 injured after driver falls asleep, st... 20 hr robert 1
Tremors of the Earthquake Kind 21 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) Sun intothegrv 2,364
More from around the web

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]