Really

Wyoming, MI

#21 Sep 17, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
The issue of a gun or guns in this case falls back on Security and background checks before giving someone the security clearance to even enter that facility.
He worked for a contractor. That contractor got his Security clearance from...you guessed it, another contractor. Our government has, over time, decided it's cheaper to contract out jobs like that in order to save money and benifits paid to a government employee. That's a problem our Congress has failed to deal with, not guns.
Then there's he lack of information because even though he had been arrested twice for gun related incidents, he was never prosecuted. That's a problem with the legal system, not guns.
He also had mental issues, some that developed after he received his security clearance. The fact that there is not a continuing, updated background monitoring check is a problem with the system, not guns.
Well said, Wiggley. Once again, let's blame the weapons instead of the systems that were in place that failed. Sheesh!

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#22 Sep 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
This incident ought to cause great concern to all you gun toting, knuckle dragging, NRA loving, pin headed T-baggers.
This guy LEGALLY possessed guns AND he was receiving therapy for possible MENTAL ILLNESS or the mental issues. In other words he was just like YOU HAHAHHAHA!
So anyone out there with mental issues who still think you have a constitutionally guaranteed right to own and possess any kind of firearm you feel like had better barricade yourselves in your bunkers because your little NRA isn't going to stop the regulation that's LONG OVERDUE is certainly coming.
I'm a gun owner but consider if unfair of you to place myself and others into a charactorization of being knuckle dragging, NRA loving, pin headed T-baggers.
The fact that "this guy" purchased a shotgun less than a week ago only 10 miles South of where I live has everything to do with the loopholes in the legal system which are not associated with the NRA.
He was not officially receiving any help from any mental institution. He had applied for help but had not received any.
That is a failure of the mental health system...not the NRA.
I'm not a member of the NRA and don't necessarily support them but the rights of law abiding Americans to own firearms is a Constitutional right that should be preserved.
James

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 Sep 17, 2013
IMTHENRAANDISUK wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was this was a heavily armed, very secure base and yet 12 people were killed. Every time there is a school shooting the gun-nuts want us to arm teachers and dump guns into schools by the truckload. This case shows us that won't work and putting more guns into schools only means there will be more weapons to shoot kids with. Got it smart guy?
Much to your disbelief, the Navy Yard most likely was not heavily armed. Most military personnel are forbidden to carry firearms on a military base. According to the policy of the Department of Defense; “The authorization to carry firearms shall be issued only to qualified personnel when there is a reasonable expectation that life or DoD assets will be jeopardized if firearms are not carried.” So basically only MP's are allowed to carry. Most likely there were only a couple of dozen weapons on hand during this incident.

Check it out yourself. Search DoD 5210.56. Also what is interesting is who authorized this policy.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#24 Sep 17, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>The above post proves that if there are enough guns a coward will not attempt to commit atrocities like have happened over the past few years.
And you clearly have a mental disorder.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#25 Sep 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
And you clearly have a mental disorder.
Oh really. Its the truth of the matter that these nuts have consciously picked places where they know that the victims are unarmed and they plan on not getting out alive so they have nothing to lose.

So I guess George Washington and I have the same disorder,
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#26 Sep 17, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really. Its the truth of the matter that these nuts have consciously picked places where they know that the victims are unarmed and they plan on not getting out alive so they have nothing to lose.
So I guess George Washington and I have the same disorder,
stop comparing yourself to George Washington and posting stuff you claim are Washington quotes. Even if they are his quotes what relevance do they have 200+ years later or that they should apply to today's society? ANSWER: Nothing!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#27 Sep 17, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a failure of the mental health system...not the NRA.
Bull $hit. This incident has EVERYTHING to do with the NRA and the crazy gun toting, knuckle dragging, NRA loving, pin-headed t-baggers and other fruitcakes who think it is their constitutional right to own or possess any fricking firearm they want to.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#28 Sep 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Bull $hit. This incident has EVERYTHING to do with the NRA and the crazy gun toting, knuckle dragging, NRA loving, pin-headed t-baggers and other fruitcakes who think it is their constitutional right to own or possess any fricking firearm they want to.
How did the cops stop him? What did they use to stop him? You were wrong about Syria and your wrong again fruitcake. I wonder how many gun toting cops are proud NRA members.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#29 Sep 17, 2013
If it were up to progressive sissies like pipedream the only people allowed to have guns would be the criminals. Here's yet another example of the idiotic progressive Utopian "pipedream" these submissive government apron string-clingers create.

The truth of the matter is, and what progressives can't bring themselves to admit, if the highly trained military personnel on this base, as well as those at Fort Hood, we're allowed to carry firearms this nutball would not have been allowed to fire at unarmed victims for 7 full minutes before armed help arrived. He'd have been turned into Swiss cheese, possibly by the very people who are now lying in the morgue.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#30 Sep 17, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Much to your disbelief, the Navy Yard most likely was not heavily armed. Most military personnel are forbidden to carry firearms on a military base. According to the policy of the Department of Defense; “The authorization to carry firearms shall be issued only to qualified personnel when there is a reasonable expectation that life or DoD assets will be jeopardized if firearms are not carried.” So basically only MP's are allowed to carry. Most likely there were only a couple of dozen weapons on hand during this incident.
Check it out yourself. Search DoD 5210.56. Also what is interesting is who authorized this policy.
Bill Clinton signed the executive order to stop well trained military personnel from carrying weapons on bases....... The fool.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#31 Sep 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull $hit. This incident has EVERYTHING to do with the NRA and the crazy gun toting, knuckle dragging, NRA loving, pin-headed t-baggers and other fruitcakes who think it is their constitutional right to own or possess any fricking firearm they want to.
You need help..... Before you snap and kill families in a Cul de Sac........

“Where I came from”

the universe

#32 Sep 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
stop comparing yourself to George Washington and posting stuff you claim are Washington quotes. Even if they are his quotes what relevance do they have 200+ years later or that they should apply to today's society? ANSWER: Nothing!
They are his quotes, I am not comparing myself with him just agreeing and pointing out facts that cant be denied, a killer would never walk into a place full of armed citizens he walks into a school an office or a place he knows no one can defend themselves.

It is more relevant today than it was two hundred years ago, your just to ignorant to understand it.

“Where I came from”

the universe

#33 Sep 17, 2013
Oneal wrote:
If it were up to progressive sissies like pipedream the only people allowed to have guns would be the criminals. Here's yet another example of the idiotic progressive Utopian "pipedream" these submissive government apron string-clingers create.
The truth of the matter is, and what progressives can't bring themselves to admit, if the highly trained military personnel on this base, as well as those at Fort Hood, we're allowed to carry firearms this nutball would not have been allowed to fire at unarmed victims for 7 full minutes before armed help arrived. He'd have been turned into Swiss cheese, possibly by the very people who are now lying in the morgue.
He would have never even attempted this act. He knew and planned this out as all mass murderers do, they know they wont be stopped by the unarmed innocents who have this perceived vision they are safe.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#34 Sep 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
This incident ought to cause great concern to all you gun toting, knuckle dragging, NRA loving, pin headed T-baggers.
This guy LEGALLY possessed guns AND he was receiving therapy for possible MENTAL ILLNESS or the mental issues. In other words he was just like YOU HAHAHHAHA!
So anyone out there with mental issues who still think you have a constitutionally guaranteed right to own and possess any kind of firearm you feel like had better barricade yourselves in your bunkers because your little NRA isn't going to stop the regulation that's LONG OVERDUE is certainly coming.
North Korea is somewhat pleasant this time of year. I'll help you pack.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#35 Sep 18, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>The above post proves that if there are enough guns a coward will not attempt to commit atrocities like have happened over the past few years.
Sadly, those quotes had very little to do with protecting anybody from your so-called coward. The history of colonial America prior to the revolution shows that many of the future states required adult male citizens to own a gun for protection against attacks from the Native Americans. After the revolution, the founding fathers knew that an armed citizenry would help protect against a strong central government turning into the kind of dictatorship that they had suffered through with England's King George.

All of these things were and are a good thing, and as I have stated over and over again, I see nothing wrong with you, or anyone else owning how many ever guns you feel you need to be happy and safe.

The point that so many refuse to be able to face is that there is a certain segment of society that should not own any weapon. Aaron Alexis is one of those people. All the way back to 2004, he showed time and again that he had some very serious problems with reality. So I will ask these questions again.......

Should a person who suffers rage so bad that he blacks out and can't even remember shooting numerous shots at somebodies vehicle the kind of person who should own a gun?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#36 Sep 18, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>He would have never even attempted this act. He knew and planned this out as all mass murderers do, they know they wont be stopped by the unarmed innocents who have this perceived vision they are safe.
I you sure he planned this out, or did the self admitted voices in his head give him the plan?

In the last five years, we have seen 21 mass shootings in this country, and over half of those were committed by someone who had mental issues.

Isn't it about time that you faced the fact that some people don't deserve the right to bear arms?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#37 Sep 18, 2013
A complete and utter failure of the current system of gun control laws is obvious here.

Proof reported today in the linked story showing that authorities knew this guy was having serious mental issues weeks before he walked in to buy the shotgun he used in this crime.

"A Newport, Rhode Island police sergeant reported Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis to naval station police last month after the suspect told cops he was “hearing voices” through his hotel room wall and that three people were following him and sending vibrations into his body, according to a police report obtained by FoxNews.com ."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/18/navy-yar...

Why is it so hard for so called patriots to understand that the founding fathers did not intend for the mentally ill to posses firearms?

Isn't it time to scrap all of these worthless gun laws we have now in favor of a comprehensive law that may have stopped this guy from walking out the door with the gun he used to commit that crime?

Are that many of you afraid that you just might be hearing the same voices this guy was?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#38 Sep 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I you sure he planned this out, or did the self admitted voices in his head give him the plan?
In the last five years, we have seen 21 mass shootings in this country, and over half of those were committed by someone who had mental issues.
Isn't it about time that you faced the fact that some people don't deserve the right to bear arms?
Sound's like he planned this, as they reported this morning on CBS that he purchased the shotgun at a gun dealer, last Saturday...two days before....they said he fired an assault rifle, but they would'nt sell it to him....

“Where I came from”

the universe

#39 Sep 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I am sure he planned it, and I agree 100% percent with your last sentence, yes there are some people who should not be allowed to own guns. To be clear I believe in background checks, and yes I have had mine checked more than once it is law here in Michigan even at gun shows no matter what kind of gun you buy..
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#40 Sep 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sound's like he planned this, as they reported this morning on CBS that he purchased the shotgun at a gun dealer, last Saturday...two days before....they said he fired an assault rifle, but they would'nt sell it to him....
It should be easy to agree that any plan was most likely hatched by the shooter AND the voices he was hearing.....

And while I haven't seen that part of the story, why would any respectable gun dealer refuse to sell somebody an assault rifle, but gladly accept cash for a shotgun?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 8 hr stewart scott 2,230
Local News Women (Apr '09) Sun wildcat123 2,387
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jul 4 Tommy Z 1,009
News WZZM13 WATER COOLER - Weird 'shoe tree' in nort... (May '08) Jul 3 toni 15
What a [exletive-deleted] gal! Jul 1 bobolinq 1
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) Jun 30 remembring 16
News Boy With Autism Gets A Special Gift At Field Day Jun 28 Really 23
More from around the web

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hudsonville Mortgages