Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

Jun 19, 2014 Full story: WOODTV.com 872

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Full Story
pipedream

Flint, MI

#143 Jul 2, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!! Not too bad!!! Ha ha haasa!! You dumb dick!! Obama phones!! Lol!! TV's lol!!
" Is it perfect? No."
Oh please!! You have to stop!! Your killing me!!
Being unqualified for anything for anything but minimum wage employment in the fast food industry sure has its down side doesn't it twerp? Especially when you can't get through a day without crapping a load in your pants and being sent home early for it.
kookierecluse

Grand Haven, MI

#144 Jul 2, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>That stick of wood you like having stuck up your fat ass giving you problems, making you ornery again stupid?
Certainly and clearly not as ornery as you. But again, don't blame everyone else for the fact you were a beaten child. The only "love" you were given was in the form of your dads penis. God put people like you on this Earth to make people like me feel good about myself. So in a way I should thank you! But I won't, cuz you're a walking cum dumpster.
pipedream

Flint, MI

#145 Jul 2, 2014
Oh look everyone cock breath cookie doesn't have anything useful to do again today but sure does have the Topix troll lingo down though. Hey dip shit: Why do I have this picture of you as a pimply faced social reject, 20 something, high school dropout, overweight, no hope of going anywhere in life, with nothing to do all day but sit on his fat ass on forums like this one cranking out all his social, personality defects and sexual fantasies for the world to see? I guess for you it makes you feel good about yourself? You have a little computer power in your juvenile mind at least eh?
Raise da Roof S

Lakeland, FL

#146 Jul 2, 2014
pipedream wrote:
Oh look everyone cock breath cookie doesn't have anything useful to do again today but sure does have the Topix troll lingo down though. Hey dip shit: Why do I have this picture of you as a pimply faced social reject, 20 something, high school dropout, overweight, no hope of going anywhere in life, with nothing to do all day but sit on his fat ass on forums like this one cranking out all his social, personality defects and sexual fantasies for the world to see? I guess for you it makes you feel good about yourself? You have a little computer power in your juvenile mind at least eh?
You and Doby do the same thing, madam. Killary Hinton "What's the difference does it make"? Smh

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#147 Jul 2, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not so? What's not so? The economy is not so? Maybe in your low information miserable world its not so. But in any case, "its not so" compared to what? How about compared to 6 years ago? Lets start right there Wiggles. Bottom line is your uninformed opinion that "it's not so" comes down to some silly notion that everything being put out by the media and the government about the economy, employment etc., is inaccurate and being manipulated by god knows who and the Obama Administration is responsible for for it -- Unless of course those numbers you like are coming from Faux blows, Glenn Beck, Limpballs, the Washington Enquirer and other crazies out there who you let dominate your life and world view. Most of the bitching, judging and criticizing about things today come from low information blimps in jobs they either don't like, don't pay a living wage, or can't or won't get out of and who form their pathetic world view on the b.s. they're listening to coming out of the whacky right wing media they're tuned into 24/7, but that's all Obama's fault too right Wiggles? I ask because I know that last sentence applies to you right?
What's not so?? You can't read very well I take it. I clearly said...It's not "thrilling" to post bad news about the economy in rebuttal to Blue's implication otherwise.
Apparently the only way you can debate is to change the subject or re-direct to something you want to that has nothing to do with what was said.
And by the way...I didn't bring up the subject of the economy, Blue did. And he seemed quite "thrilled" doing so as he has many other times. Unfortunately, the information he's posting is incorrect and comes from the same "media" you deem to bless as absolute even though it's biased in favor of Obama.
That being said, show me a post where I directly blame Obama for the situation we face regarding our economy.

Thanks in advance...just admit you are wrong and shouldn't be commenting to me about this at all.
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

#148 Jul 2, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL and you're going to lead the charge and make it happen eh stupid? All by your lonesome too right? You're a demented fk who would be better off putting a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger. Somehow I think before its all said and done either you'll do it yourself or someone else will. Your big mouth will be your downfall.
I just wish that I could see the look on your face when Obama falls taking Hillary's chances at the White House and the rest of the progressive,communist traitors with him. Then, I think you'll be depressed enough to swallow a large bottle of pills... thus ending your torturous existence on this planet.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#149 Jul 2, 2014
STOCKS SET NEW RECORDS....Associated Press .(7-2-14)....The Dow Industrial rallied Tuesday, fueled by investor's confidence that U.S. stocks remain attractive due to corporate profit growth and muted return prospects for other investments. The rally took the Dow just shy of another milestone at 17,000........

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#150 Jul 2, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
STOCKS SET NEW RECORDS....Associated Press .(7-2-14)....The Dow Industrial rallied Tuesday, fueled by investor's confidence that U.S. stocks remain attractive due to corporate profit growth and muted return prospects for other investments. The rally took the Dow just shy of another milestone at 17,000........
USA Today...
Stocks ended practically flat Wednesday, though the Dow and S&P 500 notched small gains and set new closing highs in the process.

But Dow 17,000? Wasn't to be. The blue-chip index is still looking to top the 17,000 mark for the first time ever.

Location hidden

#151 Jul 2, 2014
A little downturn, just for you......
pipedream

Flint, MI

#152 Jul 2, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Fast food industry workers don't earn enough income to save any so the fact the stock market more than doubling in value over the last 6 years is of no consequence to Wiggley or low information, unskilled minimum wage types unqualified for employment that pays a living wage and other benefits. They'd rather sit around on Topix forums complaining and blaming a black man for their miserable lives.

Location hidden

#153 Jul 2, 2014
A major reason for the market's success is three-fold.....Fed's stimulus really did it's jobs....American's have limited productive investments.....and the main reason is Corporations are as fat as hell right now.....
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#154 Jul 3, 2014
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
USA Today...
Stocks ended practically flat Wednesday, though the Dow and S&P 500 notched small gains and set new closing highs in the process.
But Dow 17,000? Wasn't to be. The blue-chip index is still looking to top the 17,000 mark for the first time ever.
You won't win Wiggley. Blue is excited as all get out that the Dow is almost at another record level and it is all because Obama has done wonderful things while "fundamentally transforming America". Odd how the Dow wasn't "important" when the records were set while GW was President, but it is causing giddiness today. All the new records mean is that when the crash comes, and it is coming according to every economist I read and hear, it will be just that much greater a fall and will look that much more disastrous. But, I guess I better be careful less I be called a "racist" and "unamerican" because I see what history has done in the past when the economy is artificially inflated by economic policy that is deliberately set to cause failure.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#155 Jul 3, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
And a big downturn is coming if you have the capability to look at history and understand what caused the previous downturns. Of course, I realize it was all the fault of every Republican who has ever held office. SMH
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#156 Jul 3, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
A major reason for the market's success is three-fold.....Fed's stimulus really did it's jobs....American's have limited productive investments.....and the main reason is Corporations are as fat as hell right now.....
LOL ... "the stimulus really did it's jobs!!" ...

That trillion dollar hijack of taxpayers' money, along with 6 more years worth of inept legislation and snake oil salesmanship have sunk this celebrity-in-chief's approval ratings to an all-time low, and resulted in nothing less than the slowest recovery in American history! Fortunately, he, and his ridiculously delusional cult-like followers are about to become as irrelevant as Nipsey Russell.

The great progressive "revolution" has fizzled into the same sewer as it's radicalized astroturf experiment OWS filth squad.

The Fed sure has "done it's jobs" .... LOL
Ron

United States

#157 Jul 3, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly and clearly not as ornery as you. But again, don't blame everyone else for the fact you were a beaten child. The only "love" you were given was in the form of your dads penis. God put people like you on this Earth to make people like me feel good about myself. So in a way I should thank you! But I won't, cuz you're a walking cum dumpster.
Very well said. I didn't know all that about Jason but it makes a lot of sense now. He does have a magical ability of holding mass amounts fluids. This is the reason why all the guys at the Rainbow Club love him so much. They don't care how pathetic he is.

Location hidden

#158 Jul 3, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... "the stimulus really did it's jobs!!" ...
That trillion dollar hijack of taxpayers' money, along with 6 more years worth of inept legislation and snake oil salesmanship have sunk this celebrity-in-chief's approval ratings to an all-time low, and resulted in nothing less than the slowest recovery in American history! Fortunately, he, and his ridiculously delusional cult-like followers are about to become as irrelevant as Nipsey Russell.
The great progressive "revolution" has fizzled into the same sewer as it's radicalized astroturf experiment OWS filth squad.
The Fed sure has "done it's jobs" .... LOL
U.S. ECONOMY ADD'S 288,000 JOBS IN JUNE, UNEMPLOYMENT RATE FALLS TO 6.1%.....USA Today .(7-3-14).....Economy has added 200,000 jobs a month, for past 5 months......First such stretch since September 1999 to January 2000......
FIan

Honolulu, HI

#159 Jul 3, 2014
JUNETEENTH. On June 19 ("Juneteenth"), 1865, Union general Gordon Granger arrived in Galveston and issued General Order Number 3, which read in part, "The people of Texas are informed that, in accordance with a proclamation from the Executive of the United States, all slaves are free. This involves an absolute equality of personal rights and rights of property between former masters and slaves, and the connection heretofore existing between them becomes that between employer and hired labor." The tidings of freedom reached the approximately 250,000 slaves in Texas gradually as individual plantation owners informed their bondsmen over the months following the end of the war. The news elicited an array of personal celebrations, some of which have been described in The Slave Narratives of Texas (1974). The first broader celebrations of Juneteenth were used as political rallies and to teach freed African American about their voting rights. Within a short time, however, Juneteenth was marked by festivities throughout the state, some of which were organized by official Juneteenth committees.
pipedream

Flint, MI

#160 Jul 3, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> U.S. ECONOMY ADD'S 288,000 JOBS IN JUNE, UNEMPLOYMENT RATE FALLS TO 6.1%.....USA Today .(7-3-14).....Economy has added 200,000 jobs a month, for past 5 months......First such stretch since September 1999 to January 2000......
Onasty isn't impressed by those numbers. They don't affect his trailer park or his part time minimum wage job at McDs.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#161 Jul 3, 2014
Actually, the numbers ARE impressive, UNTIL one looks into the actual numbers at the BLS website. I would not expect Blue or pippy to look into the actual numbers because that just might make their heads explode and that would make a gigantic mess!

Location hidden

#162 Jul 3, 2014
July will mark 52 straight months of Private Sector Job Growth.......what approval numbers?....lol.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 5 hr a commenter 947
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) 5 hr scirocco 88
Local News Women (Apr '09) 8 hr Keely 2,307
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 11 hr Idea Maker 65
Bengazi is back 14 hr pipedream 145
tex-mex visits white house . . . without invita... Sat bobolinq 1
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sat Amy 96
•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
•••