Comments
441 - 460 of 527 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2013

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#457 Jul 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what you give me credit for or not. Answer these two questions please:
If George approached little, innocent Skittle-eating Trayvon, followed him, but then turned back to get into his truck, but before he made it Trayvon attacked him as George claimed happened, would you still think STG is applicable?
And regardless of SYG. If GZ was telling the truth, who had the right at that point to defend himself?
I don't think it's reasonable of you to expect me to answer such a presumptive question. Ask an objective question and I'll try to weigh in with an answer.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#458 Jul 21, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you thought GZ should have been tried for murder.
Here is what I did say. "We, the defense and the prosecution keep reminding people that SYG had ZERO impact on the trial, yet you continue to act like it is part of the trial simply because the words "stand his ground" were used in the trial."
Go back to post 449, you quote the SYG law which has NOTHING to do with this case. I can post the laws on catching and killing aligators, which also has nothing to do with the case.
GZ was charged with 2nd degree murder. If you believe that he was guilty, then answer the questions I posted. If you want to talk about the SYG laws (which benefit blacks more than whites) than start a new thread. Please, either keep on topic or start a new topic.
SYG is what this case is all about. It is an extention of the castle laws. You have a right to protect yourself when in public as well as your home. SYG sets the standard for allowing one to respond to a percieved threat in Public before being harmed, just as in your home. That was easy...

Let me dumb down the answer about 2nd degree murder. Since I clearly said, more than once, GZ should never have been charged with murder, how could I possibly think he was guilty of murder??

Have your mommy read it to to you...maybe she can explain the use of the Engilsh language to you.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#459 Jul 21, 2013
The trial is over, the jury came up with a verdict. Time to move on.
SYG was not an issue,..... self defense was the issue.
The POTUS has gotten too involved trying to make a race issue out of it, when it was clearly a case of self defense.
I wonder why he doesnt seem concerned at all about what is going on in his home town?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130711/chica...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Chi...

It's tragic that a young person died, but what is more tragic is the fact that the POTUS is making a "race" issue out if it, when his own hime town is set to break all records as far as murders go.
He never comments about those, because he cant go on T-V and make an issue out of it.
What really seems sad to me is that Obama is all over the place on T-V claiming that Trayvon could be his own son, but he has nothing to say about the record number of murders happening in his home town, which is now run by his freinf Rahm Emanuel.
It just seems to me, that he would be concerned about that, at least a little bit.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#461 Jul 21, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
Since I clearly said, more than once, GZ should never have been charged
Now that I'd actually agree with.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#462 Jul 21, 2013
I keep hearing about this perceived thing called "white privilege" I don't know what it means for I have never felt privileged, I don't believe for one second I got something because I am white I have had to work for everything I have with honesty integrity and hard work I expect no less from any other person. But I have seen black people take advantage of their color and have gotten away with things because if someone were to say something to them they would be deemed racist. There are many different worlds on this planet and I am sure somewhere in another world there are privileges granted to people because of their race color or religious faith it has never happened to me nor have I ever felt like I deserved something because of what the color of my skin is.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#463 Jul 21, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
It's apparent you think you know what Martin was thinking or believe you would know what he should have thought in that situation that night.
We both know there's no way that's possible.
Of course we can...he told his girlfriend on the phone that night exactly what he was thinking and it included the words,'a cracka is going to die tonight'. Her testimony. Prosecution's witness. What do you have to gives you a basis to call her a liar? Other than your very, very biased opinion?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#464 Jul 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's reasonable of you to expect me to answer such a presumptive question. Ask an objective question and I'll try to weigh in with an answer.
Why not? Your entire argument is based on presumption. You presume that GZ harassed TM and deny the possibility that GZ's account of being attacked by TM while in his way back his truck was true. I'm just asking you to consider the possibility that GZ's account is accurate and TM was the aggressor as GZ went back to his truck. It's not too much to ask you to answer a question about what the jury considered and deemed a possibility.

Your refusal to answer my question was answer enough anyway. If you can't even consider the possibility of an opinion other than your own there's no point in arguing with you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465 Jul 22, 2013
Perhap's the arrival of William and Kate's baby will finally put Trayvon to rest....can we all agree this whole incident is played out ?.....

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#466 Jul 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
SYG is what this case is all about. It is an extention of the castle laws. You have a right to protect yourself when in public as well as your home. SYG sets the standard for allowing one to respond to a percieved threat in Public before being harmed, just as in your home. That was easy...
Let me dumb down the answer about 2nd degree murder. Since I clearly said, more than once, GZ should never have been charged with murder, how could I possibly think he was guilty of murder??
Have your mommy read it to to you...maybe she can explain the use of the Engilsh language to you.
No, SYG is not what this case was about, although that is what the idiots on the left and in the media wanted to make it about, and still do.

This case was (and is) about self-defense, which was around a long time before the SYG laws were put on the books. And here is the crucial difference; GZ's defense was that he was attacked and shot TM in self-defense. As you've pointed out, SYG has the perception of being in danger in order to defend yourself, but there was no "perception" of being in danger, GZ was on the ground getting his head slammed against the sidewalk. According to the 911 call, he had lost sight of TM and was walking around looking for him. TM, instead of just going home, came back and jumped GZ.

That is why this has nothing to do with SYG. TM was not a preceived threat, he was a real threat and GM had the blood and bruises to prove it.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#467 Jul 22, 2013
Yes, it is over and I am sick of hearing about it.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Perhap's the arrival of William and Kate's baby will finally put Trayvon to rest....can we all agree this whole incident is played out ?.....

Location hidden

#468 Jul 22, 2013
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's turned into a travelling carnival show....Sybrina Fulton in NY, trying to act newly mourned....17 months after the event, and for her son that lived with her a total of 3 years.....Al Sharpton, coaching and at her side....Oh, Justice...Justice...Just Us...Just Us......

Since: Feb 08

Grandville, MI

#469 Jul 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Again from the start you fail. GZ had no right to tell TM whether he had any rights what so ever..
This is just more dishonesty. Never did this happen. Stop being dishonest
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
GZ infringed upon TM's free space as allowed under SYG.
That's a lie. Stop being dishonest
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
TM had done nothing wrong
That's a lie. He assaulted GZ, and that's a violent crime. Stop being dishonest
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
...nothing to pre-empt being followed.
Irrevelant. Stop being dishonest
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>

You bitch about the NSA watching you and yet think it's OK for GZ to watch and follow TM
Okay, now your being dilusional. Not only did I not say that, but the two are not comparable. Stop being dishonest
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
...you are either very hollow or a hyprocrite....
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
or you just don't want to give the same rights to both people given the way the law is written.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#470 Jul 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You know soooo little about the SYG law...
Of course it matters who felt threatened first...
This has nothing to do with SYG.
Someone was attacked and got shot for it. Self defence.
Only an idiot would keep on arguing.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#471 Jul 22, 2013
Interesting comments from an article talking about Zimmerman coming to the aid of some crash victims:

["We have had an enormous amount of death threats. George's legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford, many people have had death threats," Zimmerman's father, Robert Zimmerman said."'Everyone with Georgie's DNA should be killed'-- just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine."
An indication of the animosity toward Zimmerman is the number of threatening phone calls being received by a woman in Winter Park, Fla.
Lori Tankel told ABCNews.com that someone had incorrectly posted her cell phone number online thinking it was Zimmerman's. She said she started receiving threatening calls within an hour after the jury had reached a verdict on July 13.
"They were saying things like,'Zimmerman? Is this George? We're going to get you, we're going to kill you,'" she said.]
http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-emerged...

Grandville, MI

#472 Jul 22, 2013
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.

Sad thing is,.....I doubt we'll ever hear the end of it.
I wonder why Obama is doing all of the impromptu news conferences about this case, but doesnt seem to care at all about all of the murder's that are happening right in his home town of Chicago?
Some of those kid's dying of there could be his son, or him 35 years ago, why no concern for them?

Location hidden

#473 Jul 22, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
Sad thing is,.....I doubt we'll ever hear the end of it.
I wonder why Obama is doing all of the impromptu news conferences about this case, but doesnt seem to care at all about all of the murder's that are happening right in his home town of Chicago?
Some of those kid's dying of there could be his son, or him 35 years ago, why no concern for them?
When he said that, i was thinking...Does that mean 35 years ago, he might have savagely attacked the volunteer, neighborhood watch guy?.....lol.....I think he was trying to quell things, as there is nothing the feds can do.....

Grandville, MI

#474 Jul 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>When he said that, i was thinking...Does that mean 35 years ago, he might have savagely attacked the volunteer, neighborhood watch guy?.....lol.....I think he was trying to quell things, as there is nothing the feds can do.....
I was thinking the same thing!

The Fed's are trying to come up with something though.
Eric Holder seems dead set on finding some sort of racial grounds to charge GZ with,
They just cant seem to let it rest, even after the jury made it's vurdict.

Rahm Emanuel,....Obama's good buddy, who is now the Mayor of Chicago, had 73 murders in his town in the first week of July, which included the Holiday weekend.
I wonder why Obama put'd so much emphasis on this case, when people in his own "home town" are getting shot and killed at record levels?
I guess, those killings dont get the ratings, or T-V newsworthy effect that Obama strives for.
Grimace

Caledonia, MI

#475 Jul 22, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking the same thing!
The Fed's are trying to come up with something though.
Eric Holder seems dead set on finding some sort of racial grounds to charge GZ with,
They just cant seem to let it rest, even after the jury made it's vurdict.
Rahm Emanuel,....Obama's good buddy, who is now the Mayor of Chicago, had 73 murders in his town in the first week of July, which included the Holiday weekend.
I wonder why Obama put'd so much emphasis on this case, when people in his own "home town" are getting shot and killed at record levels?
I guess, those killings dont get the ratings, or T-V newsworthy effect that Obama strives for.
Trayvon was almost as bad as rval
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#476 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>When he said that, i was thinking...Does that mean 35 years ago, he might have savagely attacked the volunteer, neighborhood watch guy?.....lol.....I think he was trying to quell things, as there is nothing the feds can do.....
What would give you any indication that Obama saying TM could have been his son, or him 35 years ago, would do anything but give fuel to the narrative of "white guy bad, black guy victim" that is currently causing riots and violence in large cities?

If he were really looking to "quell things" wouldn't a better statement have been, "this was a tragic event, but a legal trial and FBI investigations have proven race had nothing to do with it and we as a nation have got to come together despite our skin color?

Instead, just like he did when his professor friend got into with the Connecticut police, Obama sides with the black "victim" despite facts. He's once again looking to make this one of his race-fixated "teachable moments" where we're preached to that black people are victims no matter what a trial or facts say.

Yea, Barry's doing a great job of quelling things.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/26/suspect-...

READ THIS:

CHICAGO An black 18-year-old suspected of a violent attack on a white teen told Chicago police the beating was motivated by his anger over the Trayvon Martin case in Florida, MyFoxChicago reports.
Alton Hayes III was charged with a hate crime after he and a 15-year-old attacked the 19-year-old man at about 1:00 a.m. on April 17 in Oak Park, a Chicago suburb.
Police say Hayes and his teenage partner, who has not been named since he is a juvenile, picked the man apparently at random and pinned his arms to the side.
Hayes allegedly then picked up a tree branch and demanded the victim give them his belongings, saying, "Empty your pockets, white boy."
The suspects then rifled through the victim's pockets, threw him to the ground and punched him numerous times in the head and back. Both suspects are black and the victim is white, according to police.
MyFoxChicago reports Hayes told police he decided to attack his victim because he is angry over the death of Trayvon Martin. Hayes said he chose his victim because he is white.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#477 Jul 23, 2013
Where's Obama and his personal comparison to Alton Hayes III, who with another little thug beat the hell out of an innocent person because he was white?

Look at Haye's pic in the link I provided above. Could that not also be Obama's son? Or Obama 35 years ago??

AND, where the F is the rest of the media on stories like this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 4 hr Phil 1
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... 5 hr Phil 1
why war with isis? 5 hr Phil 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 7 hr Buffalo Bull 1,326
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... 12 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 314
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Wed Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... Wed Faith 3
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••