In the battle of water vs. basements, water wins

In the neighborhood near 54th and Averill, residents have to roll up their pant legs as the flooding forces many to pump their way out. Full Story
dbel

Waldo, WI

#1 Jun 8, 2008
Elmwood lake? Is it really a lake or a bigger puddle man made?
Anne

Alma, MI

#2 Jun 9, 2008
And that folks is why I choose to live farther inland, away from water, I do not like my stuff wet! Good luck to you all, I will say a prayer for you. Time for another Noah's ark!
AngelEyes

Allendale, MI

#3 Jun 9, 2008
It's getting closer to the end of times..... how sad and tragic for the way some are being killed though. And what a mess all that water was!!!! Oh my gosh.... my sister's basement was flooded and things ruined in my neices bedroom..... getting someone to come out was terrible since so many others needed help too. I feel for those who had to experience such a mess..... they were in town and not by a lake even!!!!! THe drains couldn't keep up and then they lost power due to the storm.... water came in the window well and just filled up the rooms downstairs.
Holier Than Thou

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Jun 9, 2008
AngelEyes wrote:
It's getting closer to the end of times..... how sad and tragic for the way some are being killed though.
please, it was weekend thunderstorms, not armegeddon.
firedawg

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Jun 9, 2008
dbel wrote:
Elmwood lake? Is it really a lake or a bigger puddle man made?
It is a man made lake by the condos on balsam in hudsonville.
Mike

Menomonee Falls, WI

#6 Jun 9, 2008
After last year's lackluster rainfall I am happy to see more this year but sheesh can we spread it out over the summer a bit? Prayers to y'all! stay safe!
bailey

Washington, MI

#7 Jun 9, 2008
Ummmm there have been floods for as long as there has been water. I hope God smites you for your foolishness.
CAUTION

United States

#8 Jun 9, 2008
hummm

“Smells like 1994!”

Since: Jun 08

Stately Wayne Manor

#9 Jun 9, 2008
bailey wrote:
Ummmm there have been floods for as long as there has been water. I hope God smites you for your foolishness.
Wow, compassionate much? It's not so much the floods so much as the property damage that's at issue here.
chickie

Lansing, MI

#10 Jun 10, 2008
Anne wrote:
And that folks is why I choose to live farther inland, away from water, I do not like my stuff wet! Good luck to you all, I will say a prayer for you. Time for another Noah's ark!
well, I am inland, and I still need to declare a state of emergency in my basement! pumped over 350 gallons out of 1 room alone, and still pulling h2o out of air! not good! on top of being inland, we built our home on top of a hill. It was just so much and so sudden, it's like the water had nowhere to go, and released it's pressure in my house! Frustrating, but what do you do???

Since: Apr 08

Berkeley, Ca

#11 Jun 10, 2008
We can blame all this weather on Republicans for lack of concern for our environment. When will this country learn that we can't keep poluting without paying a price. Gore wouldn't have allowed this to happen but the election was stolen by the Republican Supreme Court. It's time for a change. VOTE for OBAMA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) 1 hr glassy girl 8
Obama and cocaine addicts 8 hr Leroy 11
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 14 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 105
go blue goes black 22 hr Idea Maker 68
Crowd Walks Out On Obama 22 hr no_more_dems 6
Watch Racebaiter Oprah Wigout On Guest's Opinion Tue Eldasha 54
How bad are grand rapids roads Tue a commenter 3
Hudsonville Dating
Find my Match

Hudsonville Jobs