Big storms possible this spring

Storm Team 8 has been looking through a lot of data that shows the potential for some big storms this spring for West Michigan. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
okeN

Byron Center, MI

#1 Mar 10, 2008
Are the people making this prediction the same ones that made the snowfall guess? Lets see, they were what? 30" off, give or take.
Angie

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Mar 10, 2008
I hope people at least think about. So many people believe that this will never happen around here again. These will be the same people shown on the news sobbing about all that they've lost and how they didn't think to seek shelter. I've seen pictures and talked to people who survived the tornado in 1956. Many were caught off guard. Be prepared. Be smart.
Rick

AOL

#3 Mar 10, 2008
Quick, send in the national guard to act as participants to a new program ..watchers of the sky..Oops a tornado just turned the corner at clyde park and 54th street to do some shopping at Meijer for a whirla wind of a sale! Gotta run.
panther

Hudsonville, MI

#4 Mar 10, 2008
Great, storms. I take the weather as serious as the next person but what drives me crazy is how WoodTV will cut out the money making shows to spend 2 hours telling me it's raining and there might be a tornado in Lansing! I really wish their weather folks would get a clue and realize the scrolling ticker at the bottom with the map overlay is good enough. It's raining, with a chance of flooding, run, run for the hills.....
Casey

Grand Blanc, MI

#5 Mar 10, 2008
They can't even predict the weather for tomorrow let alone the weather for a few months away.
Alan KH

Grants Pass, OR

#6 Mar 10, 2008
So, have we had only 3 (4 if you count '74 and '75 separately)La Nina years in the last 52 years? If there have been others what have the weather patterns been those years? We have to take storms seriously, but do we have to worry about them from now thru next November or would it be more sane to become concerned when the eventuality is more imminent like 24 hours in advance?
internet troll

United States

#7 Mar 10, 2008
they say the same thing every spring.
Al Gore

Taylor, MI

#8 Mar 10, 2008
Weather patterns? There are no weather patterns or historical weather data! Humans are causing all this, you poor, poor ignorant serfs. If you would only listen to me, send in your dollars for offsets I could take care of you cradle to grave. Weather patterns ... pish!

Since: Feb 08

Tri-cities area

#9 Mar 10, 2008
Al Gore wrote:
Weather patterns? There are no weather patterns or historical weather data! Humans are causing all this, you poor, poor ignorant serfs. If you would only listen to me, send in your dollars for offsets I could take care of you cradle to grave. Weather patterns ... pish!
That's funny! My 89 yr old father is convinced that the weather "ain't like it used to be" because they send up to many of those "spaceships" and they mess with the atmosphere.
Thanks for the info

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Mar 10, 2008
I am already getting quotes for renters insurance!!!!!! I kinda have had a gut feeling aobut this...
voter

Middleville, MI

#11 Mar 11, 2008
i wish i could get a job that i only have to be right half of the time
GVSU Marching Band

United States

#12 Mar 11, 2008
Isn't Bill just a bright ray of sunshine?
Jason

Byron Center, MI

#13 Mar 11, 2008
Al Gore wrote:
HOLY CRAP! Without you we would never even be able to post our thought and opinions about such BS.......ALL HAIL THE INVENTOR OF THE INTERNET!
Jason

Byron Center, MI

#14 Mar 11, 2008
Thanks for the info wrote:
I am already getting quotes for renters insurance!!!!!! I kinda have had a gut feeling aobut this...
Sorry, but isnt that incredibly cheap anyways?
Jeremy

Ann Arbor, MI

#15 Mar 11, 2008
cheers 2u wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny! My 89 yr old father is convinced that the weather "ain't like it used to be" because they send up to many of those "spaceships" and they mess with the atmosphere.
Haha! I love it. That's enough for me!
Son of Saranac

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Mar 11, 2008
I have to agree with panther. If you are over the age of 12, then you should have a general understanding of weather. You don't build in a flood plain, and you don't put a trailer in tornado alley. To much wasted air time is spent telling viewers that their is an ice jam on the river and people in Comstock are wet. Remember when weather alerts were for only serious things like Tornados?
Give Me a Break

Jackson, MI

#17 Mar 11, 2008
Leave it up to ol' T.Deboer and her crew to attempt to send pandemonium around West Michigan. They try to do this with every weather event. Now they are trying to do it with what they are calling "historical patterns". Let's all crawl into bunkers out of fear of an F1 tornado touching down 50 miles away.
DJAY

United States

#18 Mar 11, 2008
cheers 2u wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny! My 89 yr old father is convinced that the weather "ain't like it used to be" because they send up to many of those "spaceships" and they mess with the atmosphere.
HA! My Grandfather said the same thing!!!!!!
Kelly

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Mar 11, 2008
Yes, weathermen and women are often incorrect about the weather. No one person can predict the weather accurately. It is not up to us to determine what the weather will do. Every new season brings a new chance of bad storms. If we all turned to bettering our environment, then we wouldn't have to worry so much about all of this tragic storms. We are doing this to ourselves by not taking care of the place in which we have been given to live.

Since: Mar 08

Plainfield twp-Grand Rapids

#20 Mar 11, 2008
I found Bill's story interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 20 min DrX 7
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 2 hr Gville Jim 12
pope-a-dope 13 hr Really 3
welcome to the new black america 13 hr Really 6
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 23 hr DrX 71
Review: Kitten Flower Boutique Fri Brit 1
AAD Annie Fri bobolinq 1
Hudsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web