College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1288 Jul 20, 2014
In a friendly the sides can basically make their own rules. There were unlimited substitutions i that game..Did you see the very nice touch that the two teams put on at the opening kick. They had a kid with cystic fibrosis kick off... go down the field with Clint Dempsey and take a shot on goal. After the shot the kid was subbed out ...So the kid was a pro for a day... very nice to see....
Today is partly sunny ..a bit muggy but as long as Toronto is like this race on.... The straight line distance is 90 miles...
Jon Bon Jovi has raised his ugly little head...He is fronting a Toronto based group interested in the Bills... One guy owns the Leafs and another has purchased a plot of land ...He was quoted in the Toronto Star as saying this is were our stadium is going to be built...A palace to rival Jerry-world... to be put up if they get the team .... The economics of this could be something the NFL would salivate over.... And smart men don't spend big cash on land unless they feel they got a good shot at the team.
They may have the bankroll to radically overbid.. or they could present a package to th NFL that might provoke expansion into Canada

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1289 Jul 20, 2014
Yeah, i saw the red haired kid, a nice thing.....Indy race came off, but spotty showers and alot of wrecks, but without injuries...more the sliding kind....lol....You may be right about the Toronto-Bills.....We both know, the NFL is wanting to go international?.....I thought London would have to happen also.....With the Seahawks success, i would think Vancouver might be another possibility.....Erin Maybin?....Remember him?....Saw him in a Hard Knocks-Cincinnatti Bengals episode, and they were saying he had been a Bill's bust, and he was trying to make it....Wonder if he ever did?.....

Buffalo, NY

#1290 Jul 20, 2014
if i was running the NFL I would have expansion teams in Vancouver and Toronto...The remaining 7 CFL cities...Montreal Ottawa..ect... could play in a developmental league... Perhaps adding an english and German team...
Eric Maybin was a high first round round pick... One of a number of first round busts that explain the 6-10 seasons...J.P. Losman is another of those busts.. Maybin a was linebacker sized defensive end.... tweeners are always poor bets.... He couldn't put on eight and was two step too slow for LB.... After we cut him the Jets had him.. I had no idea some one else picked him up
These guys are catching my fish for me...
Do miss getting out on the water fro fun like this

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/outdoors/wa...

Location hidden

#1291 Jul 21, 2014
You know, in the Sauble Lakes area of Michigan, i was known, far and wide as a master fisherman.....lol.....and think i could catch alot of freshwater fish, down here....but, it never gets cold and i've alway's thought they are edgy to eat.......I caught Muskie once, they look like those, also barracuda looking.......We've discussed the NFL/Euro connection....Frankfurt, London, Vancouver and Toronto....add 4....2 to each conference......Yeah, i think Maybin is also a talented painter in this Hard Knocks....Seem's okay, when released....likely still living on that rookie contract, eh?......Hard to believe, how hot the Fins practices are....i spread sand on the lawn yesterday, at like 7:30 am, and liked to drop....
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#1293 Jul 22, 2014
I HOPE THE MEYER-LED BUCKEYES FALL FLAT ON THEIR FACE

Go GATORS!

“LSU Fanatic”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1294 Jul 22, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I'm the same about the old rivalries....i remember when the Irish also played Michigan State....It would seem, with the travel costs, they would group them better regionally.....but it's always the MONEY......Sometimes i forget.....lol....Wonder if the Indy race is today?...How's the weather there?......Putin is one of the worst dictators in years, and with that much power at hand too.....He's like the characters in James Bond movies.....Hard to believe they are keeping the air investigators at bay, at that scene....I'd bet they took the black boxes to Moscow, also.....Russian TV reported it was shot down by the Ukranians, shooting at Putin's plane......You do know, ethnic cleansing, was'nt just a nazi thing, right.....Like the Serbs were much the same way.....Sorry for Bobby's loss....Guess that Sounders ended 3-3....no shoot-out in a friendly?
The Irish can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Just ask any SEC team they face <:)

“LSU Fanatic”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1295 Jul 22, 2014
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
I HOPE THE MEYER-LED BUCKEYES FALL FLAT ON THEIR FACE
Go GATORS!
No worries there Swamper. Ya see, Ohio State is in that overrated frozen Big Tundra Conference remember? That is why their record since the Dawning of Man against hard-nosed SEC opponents is perfect ……… a perfect 0-10!

Coach Artie suggest they wish themselves out into the corn field to save their embarrassment! >:)

Buffalo, NY

#1296 Jul 27, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
l...
Your MLS update..... losing continues Columbus 2 New England 1
Game was 1-1 for most of te 90 minutes. Columbus score early on a PK...great shot Bobby had no chance to save that one....Tied 1-1 shortly after....Columbus won the game in the 88th minute....Defense breaks down allowing a long pass and a one on one with the shooter and Bobby.... He had cuple of fine saves in between goals....

Location hidden

#1297 Jul 27, 2014
Too bad for Bobby, but he's getting closer....Only one more week to football, geez and it can't come too fast....I'm down to watching something called Cross Fit....and 12-16 years old COPS episodes.....We are hearing Toronto rumblings down here, about the Bills....you?.....Also something about the NFL building it's own stadium in L.A......then, not only for the team that comes but also for their shitty Pro-Bowl.....

Buffalo, NY

#1298 Jul 27, 2014
Yep we get the rumors on the front page...The Bon Jovi\Toronto group gives one answer to the Toronto papers... yes we are buying land for the stadium Asked the same question in Buffalo "What land?'...I always thought his crappy band was over rated...But Golisano said over his dead body so it will be up to the Wilson estate...
I hear of the NFL talking expansion and talking about really wanting a team in LA that sounds OK to me the Rams, Raiders and Chargers were mentioned in the article i had read... I think that the Chargers are using the bluff to extort a new stadium out of the city...they have sold tickets... The Rams stadium isn't relic ....maybe just a shitty lease...W know Oakland is just tough
Next week the New England Revolution play the New York Red Bulls the game is listed as being on MSG... So you may get a shot at seeing Bobby in a live game.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#1300 Jul 27, 2014
Poor ole topix, just a shell of what it was before.

Location hidden

#1302 Aug 4, 2014
Matt from Columbus wrote:
Poor ole topix, just a shell of what it was before.
They changed the hardware, so that it's difficult to go back to specific pages.....the Suits alway's have to mess with what works.....

Buffalo, NY

#1303 Aug 5, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> They changed the hardware, so that it's difficult to go back to specific pages.....the Suits alway's have to mess with what works.....
How about the pop ups... they make those ever more annoying

Location hidden

#1304 Aug 5, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the pop ups... they make those ever more annoying
Something we have, kinda keeps them at bay.....Bought my Lindy's Pro-Football review today....Is $8 a lot for a magazine, or am i showing my age? With my brand-spanking new prescription reading glasses, i can actually read it.....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1305 Aug 5, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Something we have, kinda keeps them at bay.....Bought my Lindy's Pro-Football review today....Is $8 a lot for a magazine, or am i showing my age? With my brand-spanking new prescription reading glasses, i can actually read it.....lol....
I like Liindy nice readable product...I have the college preview...
I am pleased to hear that you enjoying it ...
Just a few more weeks....

Location hidden

#1306 Aug 8, 2014
Waited all day for the 49ers-Ravens.....so we get storms that wipe out the first like 40 minutes.....the part where anybody you've ever heard of plays....lol......Did see former Fin, Jonathon Martin starting at Rt. Tackle for the 49ers.....Dolphins tonite versus Falcons.....Jacksonville is a stupid franchise, saying they wanna hold out Blake Bortles for a season....Geesh, it's a wonder that they sell any tickets at all....It may be a race between the Jags and Raiders to see who can move to LA, first.....Florida can only support two teams, besides Orlando would have been a better choice than Jax....Saw your thug Stevie Johnson playing for Baltimore, is that the same guy?......I am fascinated to see what the Browns do with Manzeil, especially if he plays better than Hoyer....That Dog pound can be a dangerous place......

Buffalo, NY

#1307 Aug 12, 2014
my first impressions of Johnny Football's debut was positive he played under control and made sound choices....If he continues to do that start him Hoyer is an O.K. qb.... but you brought Manziel in for a reason....Martin has talent maybe being back in the bay area suits him...EJ Manuel seems to be hot and cold....he hasn't taken that next step....Jacksonville is bad for a reason....THE Stevie Johnson was traded to the 49ers...I don't recall him being traded... Meds are a tad weak so we see pain mgt. again... If its strong enough your stupid...Oxymorphone....
How do you like this format?

Location hidden

#1308 Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, i think he did fine, considering.....Hoyer sound's defensive, not sure the Brown's handle the Press/Player deal, real well.....lol.....Saw some of Blake Bortles, and he's looked the best so far...of the rookies....i think Sammy Watkins is gonna be a biggie......NFL replays every exhibition game....Jets defense looks awesome, but Geno Smith still sputtering......That is why they got Micheal Vick....I would think this might be Rex's last year there.....Dolphins looked good againest the Falcons...This is a big year for Tannehill, i think.........Hope they get your stuff right....Good to have you back.....

Buffalo, NY

#1309 Aug 14, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, i think he did fine, considering.....Hoyer sound's defensive, not sure the Brown's handle the Press/Player deal, real well.....lol.....Saw some of Blake Bortles, and he's looked the best so far...of the rookies....i think Sammy Watkins is gonna be a biggie......NFL replays every exhibition game....Jets defense looks awesome, but Geno Smith still sputtering......That is why they got Micheal Vick....I would think this might be Rex's last year there.....Dolphins looked good againest the Falcons...This is a big year for Tannehill, i think.........Hope they get your stuff right....Good to have you back.....
I wouldn't be suprised if Vick is starting for the Jets before mid-season...i thought Gino was overrated...I would be a bit defensive if I was Hoyyer your big chance at all your dreams coming true is being taken by a brat...Watkins will be good a lot depends upon E.J...I have been watching the NFL network...Did you see SanDiego's game? Bo Oliver the free agennt RB from U.B. played really well...In a Charger uni he loooks like daren sproules...(sp)...Should be Rex Ryan's last year...His crap has worn thin with out winning its tough too take a blow hard....If tannnehill doesn't have big year the fins could be looking for a new QB next year...It is good to be back... i just had to fade.... the meds and the troll infestation that we had

Location hidden

#1310 Aug 14, 2014
That's so funny....i was gonna tell you about that fabulous run, Bo Oliver made, too....He's a keeper for Chargers.....San Diego also has a 3rd year LB, Jonas Mouton from Michigan, hope he sticks too....I think Tannehill has a much better chance of sticking, than Rex Ryan....If you get a chance, watch Blake Bortles for JAX-Bears tonite on NFL.....I think he has looked awful good.....Raiders stadium lease ends after next season...I'd vote them most likely to move to L.A.....Sportcenter talked it up today.....I'd be shocked now, if your Bills don't stay, now that most of the buyers say so....I mostly ignore the trolls....this forum is more viscous than most.....childish even....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 9 hr Fabio 2,778
News Heavy Snow Leads to Power Outages HOLLAND, MI (... Thu District 1 1
News 'The fight is absolutely on' Wed MO_EATS_DUNGS 5
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Dec 5 a commenter 1,131
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... Dec 4 Cuddles6778 284
So glad Hillary is not President Dec 1 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 9
Amway Fireworks (May '09) Nov 29 Amwaysux 88

Hudsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudsonville Mortgages