College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 20 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1245 Jul 11, 2014
Sorry, thought i was addressing LSU boy.....whose headcoach may be in Ann Arbor soon enough.....lol.....You're right, LeBron is too classy of a human, to have such a Dick as an owner....Actually surprised they buried the hatchet....LeBron's wife's family and many factors were involved....Bosh is resigning with Miami, which is a shock.....Lucky You...Indy Cars Iowa Corn 300 Saturday night at 8 on NBC Sports.....I like Germany also on Sunday....Alotta insecure and insane, here on Topix...Just like wading through, Alligator infested waters.....Funny that the final is Germany and one odf several countries, where many nazi's fled, after the war.....Messi is really something, eh? Only 5'7" and what a great talent.....

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#1246 Jul 11, 2014
LSU ART DECO MAN wrote:
The Big Ten never amounts to anything. Maybe you northerners might grow some gonads one of these seasons and play the dominant SEC Conference during the regular season - Ya hear?:-)
There you are Coach Dico! We missed all that wits about you ;)

Glad to see you are back and about after that surgical procedure you had to remove genital warts ;)

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Warts or not, we still rah-rah on!

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1247 Jul 12, 2014
Blue I wasn't trying to take on the guy that you were addressing..i hope i hadnt stepped on any toes.
That is a sick quantity of cash that the King is extracting from the Cavs...The team has been handicapped by it's ownership for a long time. About the only good thing that has ever happened in Cleveland is getting Lebron twice.
As over paid as Lebron might be...Luis Suarez the Uruguayan cannible was traded..sold by liverpool to Barcelona for $128 million.... that is heavy cash

Location hidden

#1248 Jul 12, 2014
Pro sport's salaries are kinda gag inducing as a whole, but LeBron is the #1 player in the NBA, and for the last eleven seasons, has'nt been the highest paid, on his team....discraceful.....that is how humble he was, in his desire to just win titles....All these guy's are chasing Bill Russell and more recently, Micheal Jordan's 6 rings....Kobe has 5 and he's done...LeBron has 2......Don't ever worry about stepping on any toes, with these clowns....some of the most jaded, will be on this forum....then comes, Louisianna, West Virginia....they come from everywhere....Luis Suarez seem's creepy to me, like soccer's version of the Missing Link...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1250 Jul 13, 2014
Pro sports salaries gag me as well...But dislike the profit margins the owners enjoy either...The books are shielded from us but if the Bufffalo Bills franchise was worth $50,000 in 1960 and somewhere around $1B in 2014...Ralph made some good cash on the team...A margin that most Businessmen would kill for ... and most would kill for less....
I am no pissed at Lebron... the players should get their fair share of the pie and if any pro athlete in North America earned it.... give it to him... I object to the size of the pie all coming out of fans hides...
The English we sick to welcome Suarez and the Barcelona team sicker $128 M sicker
BTW... Blue you have a fine looking dog
And those new pop up ads here... SUCK

Location hidden

#1251 Jul 13, 2014
....Can't recall Sports Talk and Coverage go into the salary numbers aspect, this much....My Palm Beach Post wrote a 4 column article about local police, catching Blue Flu, over wage disputes....and not once mentioned pay scales....One's too much, and the other not enough....Turn's out they startt at $46,000....which still seem's lite.....LeBron was genius in the way he handled this, plus a 2yr/$42 million dollar deal....Gives him a chance to see if the Cav's live up to their end......BTW, i watched Holland's match, till it was 2-0....Brazil's Silva was dirty on that first goal....Thanks about the dog...Shelby's almost 4...we have a Chocolate Lab too,,,,Dixie...i will have wife change the avatar....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1252 Jul 13, 2014
Another fine looking beast... I am pretty sure at one time o another i had posted picturres of the cats Isis, Poot, The Lump and the dog Ricky....I have always had at least one pet . Did fish a reptile but not iinteractive enough...Cat and dog work great....and with them if the GOP ever succeeds in destroyng America...Livestock....lol
Every time a real high end player is a free agent the salary numbers get lots of extra news print... If Lebron had stayed in miami at the price Clevelnd pad then there wouldnt be as much an issue...I think that bit of press coverage does play into the jilted fans psyche...... I think the ownes should be required to file like a public comppany in exchange for their Anti-Trust status and for the tax payer subsidies...
$46k does seem lite.... Even if you include some over time it is not great... should be a few bucks higher. Uncle who is a retired cop... the job got to him at one point and he begged his way down to trffic and schools the usual rookie gigs...He lost it when he was cakled to a domestic .. bloody wife and little kid.. uncle cuffs husband deranged wife goes after my uncle with a baseball bat...says thank goodness for his parttner
$46k is cheapskate pay

Location hidden

#1253 Jul 13, 2014
We have a Cocketiel also, Chi-Chi that is actually a bit interactive.....i found him walking around lost...at my work, about 8 years ago.....Wife's pushing for another yellow lab puppy, next spring.....You likely know, but in a way, 2-3 is sometimes not that harder than one.....the older ones show the puppy what to do, kinda.....Germany won a great ending, i actually watch the whole second half and ending....We were both right, but i thought Messi would do more.....;World Cup has given me some patience....lol....Cops are underpaid, like teachers and often firemen....Many of these cities buried themselves, years ago with an awful and antiquated retirement plan....that is bankrupting many places....In my day, it was 50% of highest pay at 20 years, plus 2 1/2 % for every year, thereafter.....Fully funded by city....It was a killer, many towns did'nt see coming.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1254 Jul 14, 2014
You are right about gov't pensions killing local gov't's..the news carries stories about top offenders... cops who ticket every car they see or make a slew of petty busts so they can load up on ot and court time...
The dogs and cats i agree with birds less so but a canary is less interactive than a larger bird.
Those pop ups here are so f*cking annoying if topix is so hard up they should do what apple does with Ipad apps...Register and pay a couple bucks ..no pop ups.. dont register and get the ads..I would pay $10 just to see those annoying pieces of crap go away..the pop ups and the unregistered...
Germany was the safe call but Argentina should have done better.. they had a couple of point blank chances that they botched. That was a nice physical game that Schiewienstieger guy looked like a hockey player...blood on his face sacrificing his body big time...he was the MVP of that game...
Only a few weeks and we will be talking football...our kind...

Location hidden

#1255 Jul 14, 2014
Worst part of those municipal retirements plans was.....the employee contributed zero.....My Gram had a Parakeet that could ride on your shoulder and fly around the hose, then back to his cage.....we had finches for years, but they just beeped and made a mess......Wife's off Friday and my mission is to find a geek to come fix my desktop, her laptop and empty her notebook, so she can give it to her sister....On mine...every time i click, i get a site i have to exit....Topix takes forever.....and threats about how i need a new flash driver.....See where evidently LeBron's wife Savannah told several friends Thursday that it was Cleveland.....but, the networks could'nt verify it.....I've been watching bits of games on NFL and Big Ten channels....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1256 Jul 14, 2014
Retro- football is good.. love seeing those players ..I saw Boston College and Syracuse the other night. Doug and Darren Flutie vs. McPherson...i also get a kick out of how much the graphics have evolved...The screen is so uncluttered with no crawl on the bottom no window with the score and game time at the top....
When you get ahold of the geek ask him about the flash driver... my geek my son thinks that may be a free upgrade...he also points out the particular app i am using has no flash drive... There are things i dis like about the pad...screen too small is tops.. but it is far better in other ways...just wondered if you had checked out the product
With bird it seem the larger the animal the smarter and thus more interactive... It sure isn't true for humans or nose tackles and wrestlers from the WWE would be the smartest men on the planet

Location hidden

#1257 Jul 14, 2014
Yeah...i had forgotten what a great ending FSU over Auburn was, in the big one, untill i saw it again....Did you see about the great Old-Timers game at Candlestick in SF?.....Marino vs. Montana....Sweet.....I've only ever had a PC, at work also...I've checked out Laptops and Notebooks for her, as she's had both....Bull,..did you see, The Wrestler...with Mickey Roarke ? It's semi-disturbing.....My fave wrestling movie is, Visionquest with Matthew Modine...lotta wrestlers in my family, plus i knew several of our state champs growing up....toughest workouts i ever had.....I won't leave Dixie here, very long....She's too dark....lol....HDTV has changed everything....i have modes that kill crawls....lol....TV has changed substancially in the last 15-20 years.....We are looking at a 60" 240Hz..Smart TV, as the next upgrade....Samsung, but we love our 47" LG.....Hey, when is the Baseball All-Star game?....I do watch that regularly.....

“LSU Fanatic”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1258 Jul 14, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
SEC is the best conf. in ball....
Of that I am sure...
I am far less sure of
SEC fans who need to be re-assured periodiically
so here is my yearly atta booy
Sec is the best conf. in ball
and LSU might be 5th best in it..
that means in the 10 you finish behind Ohio St.
Yearly...of that I'm sure
Listen up, Buffalo boy! You and your beloved junior college football team has to earn respect, something the SEC is resoundly known for. You don't get it by playing in pop warner conference!

The Coach, has from the beginning, used tough, proven methods to keep the rest of you from falling into The Wilderness of Dumbass where you may wander around aimlessly in circles, while trying to learn how to walk in a straight line, and, most of all … trying to keep from committing hari-kari by leaping over Niagara Falls.

Now, run along Buffalo Boy and have yourself a great day in the Wilderness… uh, I mean, the frigid Niagra River waters … ya hear!?

Yours truly,
Coach Artie (Constantly strengthening his resolve to rid the world of brainless twits)

“LSU Fanatic”

Location hidden

#1259 Jul 14, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>There you are Coach Dico! We missed all that wits about you ;)
Glad to see you are back and about after that surgical procedure you had to remove genital warts ;)
Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Warts or not, we still rah-rah on!
Run along PP and have yourself a great day in the gang-invested L.A. ghetto where praying upon the limp-wristed West Hollywood crowd is easy pickins.

P.S.- Lock and Load, baby!!!
>º)

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1260 Jul 14, 2014
LSU ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Listen up, Buffalo boy! You and your beloved junior college football team has to earn respect, something the SEC is resoundly known for. You don't get it by playing in pop warner conference!
The Coach, has from the beginning, used tough, proven methods to keep the rest of you from falling into The Wilderness of Dumbass where you may wander around aimlessly in circles, while trying to learn how to walk in a straight line, and, most of all … trying to keep from committing hari-kari by leaping over Niagara Falls.
Now, run along Buffalo Boy and have yourself a great day in the Wilderness… uh, I mean, the frigid Niagra River waters … ya hear!?
Yours truly,
Coach Artie (Constantly strengthening his resolve to rid the world of brainless twits)
Artie...baby
We are all getting geeked up for ball....Not all of us are getting irrational or hostile
Never said a bad word about the SEC it gets more respect than a snow plow can push
Swamp gasses are thick this time of year coach Artie....Stay out of the sun

Moderately yours
Bull
coach of what?

“LSU Fanatic”

Location hidden

#1261 Jul 14, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Artie...baby
We are all getting geeked up for ball....Not all of us are getting irrational or hostile
Never said a bad word about the SEC it gets more respect than a snow plow can push
Swamp gasses are thick this time of year coach Artie....Stay out of the sun
Moderately yours
Bull
coach of what?
Coach Artie, also referred to as The Professor can add enlightenment to all with his knowledge of CFB, or anything else pertinent to life on planet Earth including time and space. Rule #1) There are no bad words that can be said about the SEC. Rule #2) Any team that doesn't play in the SEC ... well that's a waste of good time!

Preportionately yours
Professor Artie (CFB's straight-A+ student of math, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, physics, chemistry, geography, biology, scientific formulas, world history, English composition, English comprehension, English grammar, foreign languages, college football knowledge, and everything else pertinent to life on Earth)

>:)

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1262 Jul 15, 2014
LSU ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Coach Artie, also referred to as The Professor can add enlightenment to all with his knowledge of CFB, or anything else pertinent to life on planet Earth including time and space. Rule #1) There are no bad words that can be said about the SEC. Rule #2) Any team that doesn't play in the SEC ... well that's a waste of good time!
Preportionately yours
Professor Artie (CFB's straight-A+ student of math, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, physics, chemistry, geography, biology, scientific formulas, world history, English composition, English comprehension, English grammar, foreign languages, college football knowledge, and everything else pertinent to life on Earth)
>:)
Your modesty and restraint is overwhelming

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1263 Jul 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah...i had forgotten what a great ending FSU over Auburn was, in the big one, untill i saw it again....Did you see about the great Old-Timers game at Candlestick in SF?.....Marino vs. Montana....Sweet.....I've only ever had a PC, at work also...I've checked out Laptops and Notebooks for her, as she's had both....Bull,..did you see, The Wrestler...with Mickey Roarke ? It's semi-disturbing.....My fave wrestling movie is, Visionquest with Matthew Modine...lotta wrestlers in my family, plus i knew several of our state champs growing up....toughest workouts i ever had.....I won't leave Dixie here, very long....She's too dark....lol....HDTV has changed everything....i have modes that kill crawls....lol....TV has changed substancially in the last 15-20 years.....We are looking at a 60" 240Hz..Smart TV, as the next upgrade....Samsung, but we love our 47" LG.....Hey, when is the Baseball All-Star game?....I do watch that regularly.....
Blue... FSU as great last year and may be the nations top team again this year....that will depend on injuries and the like ... You will hate to hear it and i hate to say it but Ohio State may be next best... Montana and Marino...Really .. that is a fine match up a few years back Marino and a team of old Fins came up and played Kelly and retired Bills charity game for Hunter's hope... Charity set up for the disease that took Jim's kid...I have never seen the wrestler.. but i'll see if i can rent it or what ever... now your family was wrestlers... not wrestlers and the movie was about the pro type right? T.V. has changed so much ... i the tech explosion there is amazing one of my pet companies is a tv graphics supplier...I think the All-Star game is this week...i could be wrong .. not a huge fan... but baseballs all star game i the only all star game that isnt a joke... so that one is worth watching

Location hidden

#1264 Jul 15, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Blue... FSU as great last year and may be the nations top team again this year....that will depend on injuries and the like ... You will hate to hear it and i hate to say it but Ohio State may be next best... Montana and Marino...Really .. that is a fine match up a few years back Marino and a team of old Fins came up and played Kelly and retired Bills charity game for Hunter's hope... Charity set up for the disease that took Jim's kid...I have never seen the wrestler.. but i'll see if i can rent it or what ever... now your family was wrestlers... not wrestlers and the movie was about the pro type right? T.V. has changed so much ... i the tech explosion there is amazing one of my pet companies is a tv graphics supplier...I think the All-Star game is this week...i could be wrong .. not a huge fan... but baseballs all star game i the only all star game that isnt a joke... so that one is worth watching
Yeah, i have this sinking feeling, about how good Buckeyes might be...Meyer is a great recruiter, and he still has a boatload of connections, down here....that's scary.....FSU will be good, if Winston can keep it together...Both brothers in law wrestled....one almost cried, when we gave him Visionquest...at Xmas, because he had never seen it....That's the best flick, about our kind of wrestling.....Watched a fascinating segment on the Palestine-Israel conflice....How the Hamas fire rockets outta batteries in the trucks bed....so they park next to a orphanage....fire at Israel....drive off and Israel shoots back at the position, killing kids and women....then, the Palestineans go on U.S. Nitely news, screaming...."Look, how they kill the poor children"......It's a Phucked issue.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1265 Jul 15, 2014
Yes the fellas over at Hamas are real charming. Seems to me that the Isreali's politics and social make up have forced it to see hitting the orphanage as the only option. Unti there is a commprehensive accord this will repeat itself...As long as the settlers are catered to there will be problems ...not some israli's have applauded the horrible retaliation killing on the West Bank. Isreali demographics will sson be a state with an arab majority... If you dont esstablish a two state set up the only was the Jewish population will retain governanceof the Jewish homeland will be by denial of voting rights.. But the hard core want all of the West Bank.
Yes the buckeyes will be very hard to beat.. FSU v. OSU championship? that may be too much tension for you... oen with a cup cake and then we host baylor which looks like a top10 team again and an offensive juggernaught...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 10 min Matt V 999
bruce jenner!? who cares! 21 min ricardo gran polla 6
News Victim in ponzi scheme comes forward (May '09) 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 40
are you texas enough? 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
News 1 dead, 4 injured after driver falls asleep, st... Mon robert 1
Tremors of the Earthquake Kind Mon Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) Sun intothegrv 2,364
More from around the web

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]