College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#630 Feb 9, 2014
Not diving so much, too much lunky and expensive equipment....Snorkeling is the way....lol....There was a big fight, last time U.S. and Canada Girls played....looking forward to that game....Lately we've discussed a cat....Ellen D alway's has these videos of cats and thinks black and white ones are special....We have Shelby, the shelty mix that talks, kinda and Dixie, a huge Chocolate Lab that's the foodie...ChiChi is a cockateil that i found at work one day.....I like that name, Poot.....we lost a great black lab named, Soot......Getting ready for pizza for lunch....Wife is great at dressing up a frozen Red Baron or my fave...Home Run Inn.....Fired up for bullriding at noon, then the Downhill later.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#631 Feb 9, 2014
Ellen is right a Tux is special.. decide for your self...here you go check out The Lump in action....Juggling the affections of two females ...two masters is hard work...I got the name Poot from Ron White he is a comic..In one of his skits he called his son Poot...We had Pizza and wings for diner ...Char barbecued after they have been cooked in grease the pizza sausage and sweet peppers....have a slice and some wings saved for tomorrows lunch...There is some great ethic food here and chicken wings is a regional specialty...Saw the 15 year old Russian girl bring down the house with her routine...The Slovenian girl crash on the snow boarding course...Mens down hill was good too...So far it's been good...Was on the phone with a guy i knew from growing up in the 'hood. He has gone through life never having a 'real' job...He paints ..sells his art paints murals on vans motor cycles..what ever...just enough to keep himself comfortable...He is a girl magnet ...i seen girls buy him drinks when we used to hit the bars...In some ways he has it made...

Location hidden

#632 Feb 10, 2014
American guy that won Snowboard, reminds me of Sean Penn in Fast Times....lol....Russian 15 year old is the best we've seen....the red dress and Schindler's List music was classic.....I lived in Kalamazoo once, where the American pair is from....NBC waited to late with Downhill, especially since for kids, it's a school night.....I see Atlanta is gonna get another slam, have to see how they handle it this time.....I have a cousin like your buddy....Growing up, he looked like a young Warren Beatty....never grew up completely, but terminally cool.....forever unable to maintain monogamy.....We got into so much stuff, when we were 12-16....Wish i had lived closer to him, as our whole family is spread over Cal-FL-Mich.....i spent several summers in Rowland Heights, Ca....with cousins...SoCal isn't what it was.....Did you see about Micheal Sam, coming out before the draft? I think it is time we all got over LGBT.....

Buffalo, NY

#633 Feb 10, 2014
when ever I talk to the guy you have this mixture of aww come on grow up and i wish ....I think every male has in him some atavistic gene that makes us admire the guy who has had the most...Seen on history channel The Pharoh Ramses fathered something like 1,000 children...Us guys still have that hard wired...That Kid Sam...His Missouri team mates were told and it didn't cause any problems...Some Christian Right wingers will claim the world is ending because of Sam giving the Gay and lez political hardcore an oppertunity to give counter non sense...bottom line Sam won't hurt his new team... No big deal... except for that being the first thing...I hope Sam shuts up the first person who compares him to Jackie Robinson...that talk stretches reality just a bit
That Russian 15 year old was fantastic...that young having brought the world to it's feet...What do you do for an encore?..And when it dawns on her what she has done...I hope she can handle that part of it

Location hidden

#634 Feb 10, 2014
I agree and am all for Micheal Sam....good for him, meeting it headon....Missouri went 7-5....last year in August he came out to his team, and they went 12-2......I think these younger generations are likely built to handle this in stride.....Any teams that pass on him, due to this.....are actually doing him a favor, he needs a team with an already strong locker room, like S.F or actually Seattle......Fox may like this story, as most all their viewers are over 45......Yeah, i am looking forward to the 15 yr. Russian skater in the individuals coming up.....I can remember USSR women, all the way back to Ludmilla Turischeava, a gymnast....can you recall her?.....maybe mid-late 60's....tall brunette.....before Olga Corbett.....Just vacumned the whole downstairs....have to stop and start or lose my breathe.....makes me want a cigarette...just kidding......

Buffalo, NY

#635 Feb 10, 2014
True the younger generation will handle Gay football players as no big deal and the day when political type had the ability to win elections by grooming the bigoted vote is rapidly comming to a close... Some of those child stars in athletics or in entertainment become miserable adults...It will be interesting to watch... I just that girl performs well off the ice...Can you remember how young you were when you were 15?...I vaguely recall Ludmilla Turischeava....And then came Nadia Comeneci..she was Bulgarian or Romanian...cant recall...Retton came after her right?...Here we are losing our breath running up stairs and we talk about snorkeling on a bucket list...I might have to settle for re-runs of Jaques Cousteau...lol

Location hidden

#636 Feb 10, 2014
Your talking about the bigoted vote, got me to thinking about the movie, O Brother, Where Art Thou.....the KKK Grand Dragon running againest Charles Durning as the Gov....."Is you is, or is you ain't my constituancey"....lol.... Classic.....Yeah, i think issues like gay marriage, marijuana and woman's reproductive rights are all issues we will get past, especially due to the young people.....Don't know about some other issues though.....Last fall, UC Berkeley did a research study that found, that taxpayer's subsidize the fast food industry, because their pay is so poor, that 55 percent of their workers receive some type(s) of government assistance.....Raising that minimum wages looks more and more important.....

Buffalo, NY

#637 Feb 10, 2014
I was looking into the politics of the minimum wage the efforts that the people against will be difficult to overcome...Well funded "independant" think tanks are springing up like weeds in the spring...Funded by fast food and other industries that make a huge profit from under paid labor they are spewing non sense figures on how many jobs will be killed...Expect a stiff fight and maybe getting some kind of $.25 for a couple of years type of a raise that will basically be eaten up in increased living costs...Bread and butter issues used to be the issues that the center left counted on...O Brother...was a great movie...The songs they selected were classics and were great for showing the early evolution of American blues and gospel music ...Another bit of American Political non sense spoofed in a great film...Dr. Strangelove...The President calls the Soviet leader to tell him the worlds about to end...."Well Dimitri..It hasn't been a very good day for me either....

Location hidden

#638 Feb 11, 2014
Music in O'Brother was mostly by AKUS or Allison Krauss and Union Station...True Bluegrass, we have several DVD's, they are on Youtube ...She has the voice of an angel....I'm not huge on Country, but love folk and bluegrass....Pete Seeger was a real loss.....I think the raising of the minimum wage is a no-brainer....Seem's the Reich has a war on both the middle class and the working poor?......Shirley Temple dies, and at 85...i woulda thought she was older,,,,,Loved the woman's downhill half of the combined yesterday.....that is a rough downhill...one lesson from this Olympics is, storing snow turns into hard ice.....and they went cheap on the design of the halfpipe.....Tomorrow is women's hockey, USA-Canada....they haaate eachother, should be great...They are saying that Micheal Sam's draft position in dropping, a sad indictment of our sports society, eh?....

Buffalo, NY

#639 Feb 11, 2014
Right...O'Brother isn't a documentary...but if you wanted to whett someones appitite it would do nicely...Contemporary Country is a big turn off...It is a conformity pagent...commerical...Pete Seeger will be misse...A real Great American...Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers) wrote a song (Patchwork Quilt) about the death of Jerry Garcia I wanna use a line...
"...And the blood of his music runs through the veins of our guitars..."
Someone will play Seegers notes...some one will be inspired and cast their own shadow...untill then even Dylan sits in Seegers eclipse...
Canada - USA hockey is always passionate men or woman or ..even beer league all-stars...I can't wait... The Swiss goalie was really great especially against Canada...Felt sorry for her...That Swiss- Canada game was a bit chippy for a no-check format they weren't shy about getting physical...That should really be on display....

Location hidden

#640 Feb 11, 2014
Watching the woman's single luge....we got a bronze, i guess i should wait until tonight, and see it in the neat, capsulized form....lol....I killed myself, trimming this monster hedge, that surrounds both the central air units....did'nt realize until after we'd bought the house, that big 2 stories, get two complete units...pretty expensive, as we've eaten both once,,,,i am doing the hedge in two stages.....i had a 2 hr. nap after the first part....lol....Yeah, my dad was alway's a big fan of the Weavers, that was the fork group, Pete Seeger was in...they went thru the stupid McCarthy hearings....they were a big deal before rock......Alway's thought Carole King and James Taylor owed some to the inroads traveled by folk music......Looked like U.S. girls did'nt have a problem with Switzerland....Wednesday is U.S.-Canada girls game.....When do the guys get started?

Buffalo, NY

#641 Feb 12, 2014
when we bought our house better than 20 years ago they peoplen we brought from had 5 trees in a large city lot...This past fall we had them removed as they would be a hazzard if we got ice and snow...real glad that they are gone...everything iced over and a fair sized branch of a nieghbors tree fell across our fence...i had visions of a yard full of stuff if those trees were still here...The guy next store borrowed my chain saw and is out there as i type....I saw the Luge too I think that is a cool sport if I was 20 ...One sport I might be able to play is Curling in Fort Erie there is a rink set up for the sport..the wife works with a girl that plays..on my to do list will be jumping over the bridge and watching her play...Dylan and David Crosby are the rock\folk hiers who honor the spirt of Seeger...But who will pick up the torch when they are gone?
The USA men thursday morning v. Slovakia...
This morning... red letter game...The girls... USA v. Canada...'nuff said..

Location hidden

#642 Feb 12, 2014
Just finished the second stage on the hedge.....i lopped off the high ones, and wife stacked them by the street....an Olympic team event....Kinda shocking that our guys were shutout on the halfpipe....it's what they get for all that whining about it.....Shaun White has won enough anyway, but surprising as we invented it.....Really looking forward to the girl's hockey.....Luge is cool, but i haven't embraced curling yet.....I'll try harder lol......There is a movie coming out about Llewan Davis, a story of a folk singer in the 60's....It spawned a documentary, Another Day, Another Time...i think, and it is about all the current talent into folk/bluegrass....both genres are very close.....maybe it is on youtube.....You were right to remove those trees, even tho it hurts sometimes....I have my eye on one huge branch of a tree, in the woods behind our lot.....

Buffalo, NY

#643 Feb 12, 2014
Welll it was a great game the Canadian girls deserve a lot of credit they dominated the first 15 minutes of the third and hung on at the end...I thought that Wickenheiser and Labonte were standouts... Curling is more a game than a sport...low impact easy to understand...You have to have played shuffle board...Get of your rocks in the scoring area.. keep their rocks out... closest to the dot picks up the points...Looks like a game than even broke down old guys could play...Another cold day...On the disc player I have the first Grateful Dead show that me and my brother had attended in '75...It brought up some good memories..We used to do a pre-dusk to post dawn fish on the pylons of the International train bridge, one time at dusk we both we catching 6 inch rockies when suddenly a large muskie too my brothers catch right near the surface...he fought him lost him...I cranked my next rocky in s-l-o-w-l-y...He hit on it..he wasn't hooked he just wouldn't let it go...eventually he chewed thew the body of the Rocky...That 45 minutes, from the time he took my brothers till he chewed through mine was as much fun as I have ever had ...not landing a fish

Location hidden

#644 Feb 12, 2014
Yeah, i thought it was a great game....thought we were outcoached a bit.....too many offensive opportunities, discarded with poorly timed shift changes....Wickenheiser is wicked good...almost like a guy playing againest girls.....officiating was medium.....That fishing sounds good....i wish i trusted these fish down here more....they never get cold enough, for me.....Muskie and pike are like freshwater Barracuda.....Down here i have to fight it out with the Jews, over many of my fish favorites....Whitefish, Smoked Chubs, and Matjesfillet.....Who knew they would adopt all the german-dutch food favorites...lol....Let's work out a deal with the Reich....the pipeline for raising the minimum wage?.....huh?.....Anything else good coming up in these games?.....

Buffalo, NY

#645 Feb 12, 2014
Watched the first men's game Sweden beat the Czechs 45 year ol Petr Nedved is on the Czech team...It was a competitive game...Don't know whats on tonight i'll just see what NBC has if i dont like it CBC or CNBC there will be something. it is kind of cool seeing luge and ski jump stuff that only sees the light of day once every 4 years...Those were the days my brother passed before 9\11...you couldn't go out on the pylons of that bridge now..national security...New York state recomends limiting your intake of local catch...so i am strictly catch and release..In fact I seldom have fish anymore..occationally more often if seafood is the question shrimp..lobster..crab..You have had to see that reality show about the crab fishermen...thats a job for the slightly nuts...I agree that Canada was out coached the real test will be in the rematch... If i were coach i would try to spring some of our quicker wingers by having the D lob long passes over the middle as dumpouts...stretch the Canadians out increase the space between the D and the forwards and give yourself space to create offense...

Buffalo, NY

#646 Feb 12, 2014
correction...we were out coached by Canada

Location hidden

#647 Feb 12, 2014
Can't believe i don't get CBC, as i likely have 300-400 channels, Hell i have Al-Jazheera, but no CBC,,,,lol,,,,I have a bone to pick with Comcast too....i know the FCC has a rule about station volumn, has to be a certain level and consistant....Well, don't you know...Corporate greedy Comcast has a commercial for their xfinity system that is twice as loud as anything on cable....I'd like to f*cking report them somehow, but i am a customer....lol....How about that pipeline trade?.....Saw some of the Nordic Combined.....Looking forward to the woman's downhill, giant slolam and hockey....I like the ski jumping also.....Great hoops tonite..Syracuse-Pitt.....also Modern Family, so i will be surfin safari.....We are starting to get the southern part of Atlanta's storm....winds to 70...Wow.....Can you tell the last few years, that climate may be changing a bit?....

Buffalo, NY

#648 Feb 13, 2014
More and more severe storms...melting ice caps...yes the climate is changing....And it's all Al Gore's fault..damn Democrats...You get Al Jezzera..I guess that they feel Canadians would be too provacative.. I like to see the CBC news ..Or the debates they have in parliment... You get a view of the world untainted by the right wings dis-information machine..Speaking of politics ...A huge issue that lays under the surface of every bread and butter issue in the table...income disparity...here is what one of the elite think.. http://www.cnbc.com/id/101410955 ....lovely man..My back kept me up...Tired,...The mens start up in an hour..can't wait

Location hidden

#649 Feb 13, 2014
Good game, 7-1 score seem's kinda harsh, but that's how they have to do....Carlson, from Grand Rapid's Griffins scored the first goal? Fabulous.....USA-Russia Saturday.....We get several versions of BBC and they sometimes show debates in their Parliament....When i used to travel east, i watched the Tokyo Sumo Tournaments, 2 a year, i believe....wish i got those......I feel one of the biggest reasons for income disparity, is the ugly greed of those in corporate and government power...fortified my a GOP that actually legislates to protect and aid them.....Big Oil is the blueprint.....Fracking and poisoning groundwater from coast to coast, and everyone in Congress acts like Sgt. Schultz.....Did'nt you understand my pipeline for minimum wage deal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meijer's unionized Michigan employees OK new la... (Oct '07) 10 hr Joe 56
Poll Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) Tue Mr m 106
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue a commenter 2,697
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Aug 25 Roger 1,101
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald Aug 25 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Aug 23 Gville Jim 40,226
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... Aug 22 HillJack 1

Hudsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance