College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Comments (Page 27)

Showing posts 521 - 540 of1,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

You put your finger on why history is such a facinating topic...Everyone has an agenda, if they admit it or not...we all have a bias...So history is like being a cop...Something happened and the witnesses are saying contradictory things...Your job is to find what is the most logical chain of events...The hollywood social engineering is a response to existing and past injustices suffered by blacks...But you can not arrive at truth by pushing an equal but opposite lie..Eastwood directed Invictus...I don't think he was attempting to shade truth in any visiable way...He did a 'fair' job of handling that issue.
Kiki Alonzo should be the defensive rookie of the year..when the Bills picked him I had some doubts...I felt he wa too light to be useful against the run..Was very wrong there...The Bills need a pass rush LB and Mack or UCLA's Carr both fit and both will be high picks...I think you know who I would pick if i had the GM job ...Zumwalt from UCLA is another fine looking LB

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

UCLA's best LB is gonna be gone at the front of the draft...forgot his name...is it Carr?, but he is a terror.....You guys may be able to get Mack, as you gotta be picking early....What about Van Noy of BYU?.....You see the Browns are the only coachless team left....worst job in the NFL....Still can't get over firing their coach after only one season....who want's to work for people like that? Plus a steady diet of Ravens, Bengals, Steelers......Alonzo is the real deal, reminds me of Offerdahl of the Fins...unfortunately his body could only last 5-6 seasons.....You are right about Eastwood....so sad he is reaching his zenith as a director, toward his end.....Did i tell you Redwings-Blackhawks is on NBC tomarrow at noonish? That's bigtime for me......Hard to believe i will be rooting againest Harbaugh, a former Wolverine and Bear...sacreligous...lol....I understand your pendulum of the racism.....i just think, everything should be totally equal now, if that is the end goal....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

carr should be the first LB taken...most likely he will be gone before the Bills pick...Van Noy should be late first or early second he is 6'3 235 he probably needs a couple more pounds...
The Browns job was rough enough with out the owner making maters worse by saying to any new coach.."you got one year" that is plain dumb
It is too bad Cleveland deserves better..
Red Wings v. Black hawks is one rivalry that has been ruined by the realignment...
When it comes to equality we can all tell the difference and impact of big issues like the right to vote and BS like Duck Dynasty...The gov't should only be interested i big issues...setting an equal starting line and clling the obvious fouls...
Absolute equality is impossible but a roughly equal starting line should be a given

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

I think the UCLA LB is Barr.....I used to love the old Browns-Steelers games, when the Browns had Brian Sipe....Funny thing on TV, evidently Jim Harbaugh's wife was on a local radio show, that was making fun of his $8 pleated khaki's from Walmart....she said she throws them away, and he bought more.....lol.....Watched a great Blackhawks win 3-2, over the Ducks last night....they must be playing the Redwings on Sunday....Bill Mahar on HBO, showed a photo of the guys on Duck Dynasty, before the show...they are all cleancut in dressy clothes, clean-shaven with normal haircuts......Reality TV has turned into alotta scams.....hardly reality.....I will be fascinated to see where Van Noy goes.....hope he might be the same game changer in the NFL......Like the social engineering involved...i wish we could get past abortion rights, gay marriage and the silly prohibition on pot.....stop fracking in the US...maybe?....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

I grabbed my season preview mag...You are right it is Anthony Barr and that kid is awsome..I appologise to any UCLA fans who may have staggered upon us.
Brady v. Manning...Both have teams that are roughly equal...if you pick by past performance Patriots...I know you well enough to know you want the Broncos...In the NFC...I have a feeling that the only advantage that either team has is the home field noise factor...But 49ers look like they are on a roll...No matter what match up we get out of this,,,the super bowl is going to be err..super...This could be an epic weekend of ball.
Van Noy needs a 3-4 so if I am sending him where he fits best.. Green Bay...what do you think?
My agenda...It would be nice to see a cease fire in the 'culture wars'... but I know better...Pro gay marriage...Abortion becomes a medical procedure, requiring a reason beyond 'just because'...And most of all find ways to coax that massive pile of cash out of US corporations.. invest in USA...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

It is a cold snowy morning here...The Buffalo News ran a photo that warms the soul on a day like this...Feast your eyes..

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/outdoors/wi...

We went out last ight with a business buddy from San Diego...Calspan has a destructive tech lab here...So a team of guys get to crash things and blow stuff up...That would be a fun job wouldn't it...His company was using the wind tunnel..We when to an Italian place...mom and pop owned..they bring you your dinner with a fork lift...our doggie bag wieghed 23 pounds...
So at the risk of regretting my pick I 'll take the Patriots...Going head over heart...lose-lose for me..I won't enjoy watching them win..if they do....And I keep flipping a coin and can't decide 49ers or seahawks...
Patriots v. 49ers in the Super Bowl that will be played in zero degree weather..in a blinding snowstorm...Because of commericial commitments the league allows the game to run for 5 hours...The teams combined run up 96 yards of offense..49ers 3-2 winners in a game that goes down in history as the Great New Jersey f*ck up....
I must be a bit grumpy this morning

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Sorry, i missed your posting as i was outta sorts last night...saving the steak for monday night, cause i just was'nt right....lol....i love italian places like the one you went to........My stepdad used to take us to Ciprianis in Chicago Heights, a mob favorite...lol....That's a huge salmon, and that kid looks older than 14.....I have to hang with Seahawks-Broncos.....but 49ers would likely be okay too.....though, i am kinda tired of Brady/Belichek.....I think the NFL is already having regrets about where the scheduled this one.....kinda offsets the goody of going to the big SB party game, does'nt it?.....plus they usually have the NFL experience outside the stadium and all the sponsor's tents......who wants to tailgate in 9 degrees.....BTW, i am killing the denyers with a new article about Factory output up for the 5th month in a row...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Good work on slapping the denyers..Productivity is up...The only piece of the puzzle remaining is improved consumption by way of fuller employment and an upwards push wages. If that piece falls into place then budget issues disolve...More tax revenue will be comming in while demands on the safety net relax...Proving that nearly all of the Tea's priorities were symptoms of our economic problems and not the cause of them.
That is one huge fish, huge 14 year old too...It brought a smile to my face...Reminded me of a put down i used on a friend who bragged up his catches (real and imagined) one too many times...He slaps down a picture of himself holding up a very nice yellow..."Well Jim, that is impressive bait...what were you fishing for?"...A few more months till the bass arrive...there are some nice shoreline opertunities here...I don't think i would do well in a boat on the lake...It does rule out landing a beast like that huge 14 year old was showing..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Your post likely got me to talking to my dad about fishing with my Grampa...mostly big perch and bluegills...4 of us in two boats got 84 one time...lucky for me at like 11-12....they did'nt think i was big enough to be trusted cleaning them....84, what a back breaker that would be today, eh?.....Well. it turned out how i had bet, actually predicted......too bad i don't win anything....lol....Sherman's tip ended their game, he is a super talent, but too mouthy......Peyton looked sharp as hell....i can't recall them even touching him.....Maybe Pot Roast can get closer....lol....Thought Harbaugh took it like a champ, as he alway's seems a bit edgy...need's some decaf....lol....I will be wanting Peyton to win now....but, truth is both these teams have a ton of good guys....i love Seahawk,'s safety Thomas III.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

You won full bragging rights...given up with more grace than any bookie...Good picks...The Broncos game was a bit anti-climatic..The Patriots fell behind by too much too soon the game had that inevitable feel to it...The Seahawks game was very entertaining If that last gasp pass by Kempernick was two inches lower...Seahawks were the better team outside of Kempernick scrambling the 49ers didn't do much offensively the key was shutting Gore down so emphatically...That Sherman guy was real annoying...There was a college all star game and the FB from LSU was worse...after all the bluster you though he was done and he says .."I don't take me no sh*t" ..and they cut him off
When I was young I went to North Bay on lake Nippising. It is about 100 miles north of Toronto...Landed my first fish with teeth a 12 inch Northern...looked like jaws to me...Lot of bass some perch and along with the Northern I had one other memorable catch... i caught a turtle...the thing fought like a champ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

I know what you mean about fish with teeth like that....years ago i was snorkeling in about 12 feet, Spanish River Beach, in Boca Raton......back then, i could stay under longer...lol...anyway, they have very large Barricuda there...very territorial....they are very curious, but i never had any problems....Well, sometimes when your not paying attention, they swim by behind you and cast this huge shadow.....chill inducing.....anyway the funniest thing is, as i am leaving and showering off myself and gear....this tourist dad, asks me if there was anything interesting?....I told him about 3-4 Barricuda about 5-6 feet long, in the shallows.....HE Freaked...lol...thought we should call somebody...lol.....Michigan also has a lot of pike and muckies, that have to be kinda fresh water cudas cousins..... All the BS about Welker and Belichek is just sour grapes....i think secretly, deep-down....Belichek wishes they had tried harder to keep him....especially with Brady redoing his deal, just for that one deal....Who know's? Brady and Belichek probably weren't on the same page, on that losing Welker.....and the Patriot's are actually the kings of the pick/rub plays.....Belichek may be a coaching genius, but those type guys, are usually weird as hell....lol...Steve Jobs.....Dr. Loveless.....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

My Bet is Belichek makes his dicisions on who plays, who stays and who must go with all head and zero heart...So I don't think it is a case of Belichek hating Welker...Just business so...I cant keep everyone...Onthe other hand Welker hating Belichek is not out of the question...But I argree with Belichek that the block on Taqib was a bit of a cheap shot...But Belichek had Harrison who was a cheap shot artist so ...
Part of my hopes that the weather is miserable so the NFL doesn't put a Super Bowl in a Northern City with no Dome or Night games of any kind in these same cities past say.... early Nov. Way back at the beginning of the AFL Buffalo would play 5 of their 7 home games in the first half of the season... The shape of a Muskie or a Northern does remind you of a 'Cuda...At NorthBay on the boat house at camp grounds the have Muskie jaws...There were some sets that were huge and could do serious damage ....didn't stop us from swimming

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Sadly, for his "LEGACY"....Guys on ESPN like to talk about people's legacys....Belichek just comes off as a no personality, poor sport.....Just not a demonstration of Poor Sportsmanship, as Richard Sherman is displaying.....Surprised Pete Carroll and his teamates haven't slapped him down.....Rare to see Stanford guys act like that.....I agree about the SB....even think Goodell is having second thoughts.....this likely looked better in May 2011....when they plan these games....Everybody realizes it's a payback for the new stadium, so they are not fooling anybody....My career was in business and people don't realize, that the Super Bowl is often part of corporate bonus's or prizes....not much of a prize to sit in 20 degrees for four hours........ Yeah, i have seen muskie jaws on trees in Northern Michigan.....Barracudas are curious....they swim right up close...easy to spear, but they have a bacteria in their system, that makes eating them, harmful to humans......I see John Tortorella is trying to make the Canucks tougher?...He should start with the Serdins....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

As far as Shermans display..Pete Carroll used to coach USC ad while they weren't Miami U.(Under Johnson & Erickson) they were brash and more than a little self centered...
Carroll ( & Harbaugh) is Belichek's mirror image lost of emotion and he seems to like his players....But Carroll is no Harbaugh who does discipline his players I remember TE Vernon Davis sitting...
No Tortorella is boarder line nuts...he used to coach in Buffalo there was a famous bit where he slugged a fan....Calgary's coach decided that he would provoke "Tort's" into losing it by starting five certified goons...Brawl ensues...Tort's tries to go into Calgary's locker room between periods. Tort's will get a better grittier grade of play out of his team , eventually...but the fact that he is so emotionally unstable will most likely undo the team...He can drive a team to a cup but he is hated by his teams...Babcock in Detroit is the same...last year one of his guys said on the road i always take the stairs in the hotel...because an elevator ride with Babcock lasts longer than a weekend in jail...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

I just remember Tortorella from being with the Rangers.....But, i like Babcock and everything i have seen, seem's they love him in Detroit.....remember Chicago-Detroit on Wed. nite on NBC Sports...i think.....Yeah, i know about some of the history between Carroll and Harbaugh......i still try to imagine that of the Trojans, Clay Matthew seems the most grounded.....Still have never seen any man wear a girl's headband, like Sanchez....lol....How appropriate for Manhatten, eh?.....Ever wonder why Singletary did'nt work out as a coach?, he is actually a really smart guy.....Notre Dame had an All-American DT years ago from Chicago...Chris Zorich.....we went to a Orange Bowl Classic, where they played Colorado....I thought he would be huge on Sundays.....He played awhile on the Bears, but just never made it......mystifying sometimes.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

I remember Zordich as a college player ...as a pro i cant say i remember much...It is a funny thing...some guys just never find the right place in the NFL...Some guys I thought were great from college never did much as pros...remeber Tony Mandrich
I think Babcock is a great coach...but it seems that being in his dog house is a rough place to be...Tortorella is pretty much in a class of his own in the NHL...What the heck did he think he was going to do in the Calgary locker room..take the whole team on?..Ask them nicely to play fair? We have had a few of those guys here,...Rick Dudley and Jim Schoenfield were 'colorful' too
I think on the whole Carroll's record was pretty positive in terms of the kids he coached he used to recruit in parts of LA that no one else dared to even enter...So I respect Carroll far more than i like him

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

I've alway's liked Pete Carroll and both Harbaughs....Saw a segment on ESPN about how upbeat, Carroll is all the time, and how he did alot for this sad, retarded boy, that loved the team...alot of the football talking heads, whine that he was'nt going anywhere, until they drafted Russell Wilson.....Just imagine, at the expense of a 3rd round pick?.....Babcock sure looks the part, eh? With that craggy face, he could play Abraham Lincoln...lol.....Coming down off football, might be rough this year....caught myself watching the Senior Bowl practice yesterday....lol.....We found a new show on NatGeo...Dr. Pol...this great country vet, in Weidman, Michigan....kinda fascinating and more interesting and uplifting, than sad....I've been known to tear up, watching Animal Cops-Houston/Detroit.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

The withdrawl from ball might be severe I watch bth all star games last sat. Only scouts and odd balls watch two college all star games on the same day...same year even....A lot of guys have backed out of the Senior bowl...Khalil Mack included...They fear an injury...plus if your going in the top ten picks...you have little to gain...In the past the NFL network also covered the combine...I'll be watching...I have always loved the draft and tried to pick a couple late round no names that may suprise everyone....
Babcock could play the sullen and depressed Abe real well..That is a touch charachter to play...Sam Waterston the DA from i think NCI played a good Abe...
I may have sounded harsh about Carroll but like i said i do respct him and believe that he had more that winning at heart when it came to the kids he coached...USC is just like Notre Damn..inherently arrogant and distasteful...even if a great guy is coaching there

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Know what you mean, about football withdrawel....We will alway's have the combines and draft....lol...The Stanley Cup finish, usually signals the end of civilization....only thing that saves me is, i am an avid gardner and spring, fall, patches of winter, are the best times to survive the jungle......Don't know if you've seen Daniel Day Lewis in, Lincoln?.....He was incredible, and we are sorely short on incredible in cinema, these days.....He seems to adapt to roles, unlike many current actors....even deeper than Meryl Streep......I love Sam Waterston, his ending in Killing Fields still makes me weep.....He is great in HBO's Newsroom....wish you could see that show, as i think you might really love it......Fascinating New Show-----90 Day Visa ....on TLC....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

I did see Daniel Day Lewis playing Lincoln..that was a very good movie. I found role of William Seward to be all I had hoped. Seward is an interesting fellow...it was said that he could consume enormous quantities of booze and still give a grade -A- stemwinder..His gardens at his home in Auburn New York were said to be breathtaking...
90 Day Visa...what is it give a visa to a random foreigner and set him loose with a wad of $100 bills follow him with a camera, and instant tv?...It will go over big with the crowd that are simpatico with that Robertson guy from Duck Dynasty...
The Stanley Cup playoffs are must watch ...the first two rounds a choice of games every night for a couple weeks ...love it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 521 - 540 of1,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Ottawa County was issued at July 21 at 1:51PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hudsonville People Search