College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#390 Dec 15, 2013
Todays picks worst game is Washington @ Atlanta
Best game Green Bay @ Dallas....It doesn't look great week in the Pro's you are right about teams tanking it this time of the year...Blatantly...I remember one year the news reported that Bruce Smith saying "Any one who puts out will answer to him" when Hank Bullough's job was on the line...The next year Marv Levy...Jim Kelly....and you know the rest....
I do believe that Alabama's system has groomed McCarron for the NFL...In addition add up all the big games that he's played in and you have as close to ready off the shelve as it gets...Winston not so much...I agree that he can't prove anything else @ FSU but if i am a NFL gm Teddy Bridgewater is the first QB i look at...McCarron 2nd I would have to look Winston over before he moves to the top in the 1st rd.
5-6 inches fell here so I hear a snow blower in the drive way...The kid who I had contracted for the winter for $20 down and $20 per hour?.....
Nope....was his dad

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#391 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah, i saw on the news, where you guys were getting a snow storm.....I think Buffalo might have worse weather than Chicago......Fins knocked off the Pats, so Broncos got homefield back....at least for now.....Green Bay-Dallas is very important for the Packers, especially as the Bears won......Fins game was the best so far, with Brady storming down the field with 45 seconds left, the Fins defense held up......don't see Brady not pulling that off too much.....Stayed up late last night....HBO has a news sports special called..24/7.Redwings-Maplelea fs...where they follow both teams, up to their playing the Winter Classic againest eachother.......Toronto Captain Dion something is a newly wed to this hot blond actress.....and it turns out she was in my wife's favorite Christmas movie....Love Actually.....What a Life, eh?.....I'm too late for worst game, but sadly it could be Chiefs-Raiders......

Buffalo, NY

#392 Dec 15, 2013
watching the Packers and the Cowboys...James Starkes just ran over a couple of guys to make it 29-24...Starkes came from Niagara Falls met him and his Mom once he seems like a good kid,,,felt good watching him score.... Bills and Jags was entertaining Henne makes 3 good plays and then seems to have brain freezes...The bears were able to overcome Cutler. Bengals @Steelers could be an entertaining game...The real dog of the day Giants not showing up v.Seahawks...
was disappointed with the kid down the street but his dad is going to get a nice tin of the wifes cookies ...She made these chocolate covered peanut butter balls...worth bragging on...

Location hidden

#393 Dec 16, 2013
How timely, your talking about the cookies, while i just exited the Harry and David website, where i do alotta Christmas shopping......lol.....Packers- Cowboys and Patriots-Dolphins were likely the two best games.......Bengals forgot how to play.....Next week we are head to head kinda......Your right about a small world....i found out the running back from Auburn that was at the Heisman presentation, went to a high school, Park Vista...right here within a coupla miles......You know, ever since the Seahawks crunched the Saints, New Orleans has been awful...and i thought they were gonna be a threat in the playoffs.....Ravens-Lions has some real significant meaning for the Fins getting in.....

Buffalo, NY

#394 Dec 16, 2013
I didn't see any of Miami & New England...Put Brady in that position 20 times and 19 times they score...The Pats being older and hurt look less able to make a big playoff run than in the past...
The Steelers not only beat the Bengals they beat the crap out of them...Did you see Cincinnati's punt get laid out...Fractured jaw.
The Ravens are the meaner team...so I would have to pick them...meaner teams like Pittsburg was last nite, win this time of the year.
Sabers have scored two or fewer goals 11 of the last 12 games....
Wifes has baked her ass off this weekend...Almond, peanut butter balls, Mexican wedding cakes, Oatmeal raisin....she will do up some cut outs and...I will be piliaging them from now till they are gone...
I would say we are pretty even in the picks...
Good luck Mack Brown...that job will attract a A+ coach

Location hidden

#395 Dec 16, 2013
Id bet that the Steeler that hit the punter is gonna get a nice fine.....it was a dirty hit, and helmut to helmut.......Going after the blindside on a little kicker was bullshit in every level of football, like bullying....Ravens-Lions should be a good game, both are mean and the Lions are dirty as hell......Cutler started out rusty, but eventually justified starting.....his two main recievers make some sick catches...especially Jeffries.....Your wife sounds like a great baker...last week i killed a box of Archway Pfeffernuese cookies in one sitting....lol....Yeah, Good Luck to Mack Brown....never saw a NCAA Championship winning coach treated with such disrespect.......Oh well, looking back....Joe Paterno should have probably been replaced 4-5 years earlier.....MNF- Check out C'Mon Man at about 8:15 tonight on ESPN........BTW Just as we were speaking about thugs in the NFL.....Eagle Desean Jackson went after his recievers coach yesterday....lol....Did i call him right? He makes Stevie Johnson look like an upstanding citizen.....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#396 Dec 16, 2013
Bryant from the Cowboys is pretty bad too...Did you get a sneak preview of c'mon man...It will be very hard to beat the guy in Seattle eating popcorn in a rain storm..He had it all over his face...The Steeler who did that could have laid the punter out fair and square...That wasn't helmet to helmet it was the crown of the helmet to the jaw...nasty hit...Palamalalu kind of set the tone when he did a WWF move on of the Bengal recievers first drive, i think. The Ravens are mean on both sides of the ball thier offensive scheme is to hit you with a lots of dink-dunk -and running...all those close to the line plays are physical ...
Texas had treated Brown shabby...No AD wants a Paterno who literally couldn't be fired even as his teams quality eroded...Texas will most likely poach an existing coach

Location hidden

#397 Dec 16, 2013
Florida Atlantic in Boca Raton just hired a head coach to replace the disgraced Pelinni,,,,Charlie Partridge,the D-Line coach from Arkansas, that is supposed to be a great recruiter locally, cause he's from down here.....Schnellenberger, yeah that one from the U, has really built a nice stadium and program at FAU.......Don't know if you've seen much of the Lions, but they are no slouches and still have a good playoff chance........Don't know if you ever watch Pardon The Interruption on ESPN, but they are carving up the Cowboys....Bryant even walked off the field early.....He is the one that beatup his mom.....Jerry Jones had security people babysit him off and on, just to keep him from f'ing up...lol...Looking forward to that upcoming Famous Potatoe Bowl, how about you?.......By the way, the Giants are officially done for the season.....

Buffalo, NY

#398 Dec 17, 2013
Schnellenberger was a great college coach, Like Holtz he failed in the NFL...He built that FAU team from scratch....
That was apretty even game last night the Lions or Stafford i should say, has bad habits in tight games...
I have been scouring the internet I can't find out which Potato is the famous one that they names the bowl after...Yes Mr Quayle it's Potato...The departing seniors have been in the Buffalo News all week...I hope they have a win to end things on...
We get Boise and your boys get Phoenix....Neither gets Detroit...
Your happier with the Faux Buffalo Wild Wings bowl
I got my epidural this morning...contemplating a pill and a nap

Location hidden

#399 Dec 17, 2013
Sweet dreams, Bull....hope that treatment did you some good......Yeah, Schnellenberger is very well thought of down here, and that voice...lol...even lower and more bass than Sam Elliot...LOL......Beware, i got an e-mail message along with my replies....from Togo, a unique formula for the splitting of a fortune.....lotta scams at the holidays and they only need to register on topix, then they can e-mail everyone else registered.....Neighbor and i were just talking about how the BCS screwed up by not matching Alabama and Ohio State.....it was a no-brainer.....Nobody i know, give a shit about OSU-Clemson...geez... Not sure the BCS is really manned by football people......Saw some of the replays of Bears-Browns and Patriots-Dolphins.....Dolphin Safety Thomas, that intercepted Brady for the victory......was on the 49ers practice squad last Tuesday....only in America......Too bad the Lions lost, they are like this talented, but undisciplined group....not sure how long that coach will last.....Just like John Harbaugh to beat them with special teams, too......

Buffalo, NY

#400 Dec 18, 2013
thanks for the nice words...The shot usually takes a few days even a couple of weeks to hit its full effect ...with the local worn off i can feel a bit of discomfort..All in all I think I'll get some value from it...
There is a scam around every corner, Some sound so legit...some are legit in a leagal sense of the word. The UTUBE link I sent you I also showed my son...A class in how to use a hacking progam with Topix used as the classroom...so many 'nice' people out there....
The lions would be a kick ass team if they could get a QB. that doesn't have those annoying brain farts late in big games...They could use an upgrade at Halfback...maybe get a big physical RB to beat on the other teams 'D'...Lions aren't physical enough on offense. On D Suh and Fairly are beasts...
Sabers score 4 goals last night...2 weeks worth

Location hidden

#401 Dec 18, 2013
Did the Sabers still lose? The Neal-Barry Melrose report always gets me confused...lol... Looked like San Jose-St. Louis was the game to watch last night.....I thought the tandem of Reggie Bush and Bell was one of the bright spots for the Lions.....One constant in football is the the coaches and players that seem to never win the big ones, are only called out, till they do......Peyton has one ring....Eli two....Go figure, eh?.....The Lions main problem is discipline, especially when it counts......I'm not sure about Stafford either......

Buffalo, NY

#402 Dec 19, 2013
The Sabers won that game...They are working harder under Nolan than they had earlier in the year...If they didn't have excellent goaltending they might never win...
Bush and Bell ...Bell is averaging 3.8 a carry...Bush doesn't punish anyone when he goes in between tackles...I love Bush he is the best 3rd down back in the NFL...He needs to be teamed with a Bettis type RB...
You don't have to have Championship rings to be a great one...Jim Kelly is an all time great...So is Bud Grant...Compare to Bunny LaRouque who has a handful of unearned rings serving as Ken Drydens back up on those Canadian cup teams....
The Lions aren't that far from being a really good team...An up grade at QB...A big RB and Coaching

Location hidden

#403 Dec 19, 2013
That is where the Dolphins made their mistake with Reggie Bush.....they mostly ran him between the tackles and he is too fragile and small to do that, he was injured for every other game,,,I still think, he is a bit overrated,,,,like Ted Ginn...Dwayne Bowe and Micheal Crabtree.....Watched the end of Penguins-Rangers, a really bad call on a penalty....Don't they use inatant replay in the NHL?......The end of the Pacers-Heat game was a classic.....Heat are behind most of the game 8-12 points....at 3 minutes left, the Heat outscore them 12-2, and win the game......Lebron and Dwayne Wade are really like watching great craftsmen at work........Sorry, the Fins really need to beat the Bills this Sunday.....

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#404 Dec 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
That is where the Dolphins made their mistake with Reggie Bush.....they mostly ran him between the tackles and he is too fragile and small to do that, he was injured for every other game,,,I still think, he is a bit overrated,,,,like Ted Ginn...Dwayne Bowe and Micheal Crabtree.....Watched the end of Penguins-Rangers, a really bad call on a penalty....Don't they use inatant replay in the NHL?......The end of the Pacers-Heat game was a classic.....Heat are behind most of the game 8-12 points....at 3 minutes left, the Heat outscore them 12-2, and win the game......Lebron and Dwayne Wade are really like watching great craftsmen at work........Sorry, the Fins really need to beat the Bills this Sunday.....
Best wishes for a Safe and Happry Holiday season Blue!!!

Later Tater
Wiggley

Location hidden

#405 Dec 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Best wishes for a Safe and Happry Holiday season Blue!!!
Later Tater
Wiggley
Same to you and yours, Mr. Wiggley....Stay Warm up there.....

Buffalo, NY

#406 Dec 19, 2013
I understand that Sunday isn't personal...Stiill I sure hope your crying towel is dry and handy...Manuel won't be playing sunday,...So we will have one hand tied behind our backs... Stevie Johnson will be gone too ....so we will have to whip you with both hands tied behind our backs...lol
I agree on Bush ...I said he is the best 3rd down back in football...highest paid too... Crabtree easy over rated...Stafford...Rex Ryan...RGIII(not his fault) & Cutler
With Wade and James you get to see the two best individual players in the game...
The NHL uses replay for goals...I don't see how you would use it in regular play with so many judgement calls....

Location hidden

#407 Dec 19, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
I understand that Sunday isn't personal...Stiill I sure hope your crying towel is dry and handy...Manuel won't be playing sunday,...So we will have one hand tied behind our backs... Stevie Johnson will be gone too ....so we will have to whip you with both hands tied behind our backs...lol
I agree on Bush ...I said he is the best 3rd down back in football...highest paid too... Crabtree easy over rated...Stafford...Rex Ryan...RGIII(not his fault) & Cutler
With Wade and James you get to see the two best individual players in the game...
The NHL uses replay for goals...I don't see how you would use it in regular play with so many judgement calls....
I like Manuel, but i hate to hear that Stevie isn't playing...i had visions about him...lol...Rex Ryan is a fine defensive coordinator, just not a head coach...I'm no Sanchez fan, in fact i believe he is in the closet.......lol....No kidding, we have gay friends and i can often activate my gaydar...lol....BUT, Sanchez had zero skill help.....no decent RB's or Recievers.....Geez, what is Santana Holmes, 40?......that team is a joke, thank God.....In the Hockey game,.I wish they used it on some penalties.....the one i was talking about was next to the goal, so there were plenty of angles of replay......kinda important in the last 2:00 of a tie game, eh?.....Still don't like the shootout deal.....

Buffalo, NY

#408 Dec 19, 2013
It is important to get the calls right but look at the last 5 minutes of a hockey game...If there is a guy out there who isn't holding hooking and slashing.. he must be named Sedin.....My point is ...90% of hockey is flow and momentum you would be putting a serious crimp in the flow if you had to stop each time there is a judgement call...This isn't football where you have time between downs naturally...Strongly opposed
The N.Y. Jets are a horribly run franchise...They are New York Cities ...'little brother'...of a team..they can't out do the Giants on the field so the Jets make fools of them selfs to get attention
BTW We don't have a time on Santana Holmes in the 40..He hasn't run that far this season
Iseestupidpeople

Hamilton, MI

#409 Dec 19, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
We stopped going to pro games years ago ..I no longer drink and The Ralph is a notorious NFL stadium as far as fan behaviour goes. Fights are the easier part to overlook ...twice people have been arrested for having sex in the stadium during games....serious stupidity. Buffalo fans are only one step above Philadelhia fans in terms of rudeness and belligerent behaviour.
UB stadium serves no beer so few drunks...The only other crowded place i go is to a concert or two every year. The wife and I like the Allman Brothers and the bands the allman brothers guitar players have on the side. So if they come to town, i wont miss. Was a Grateful Dead fan as well.
I like the Allman Brothers too but haven't caught a show since Dickey left, just can't imagine seeing them without him. Saw many GD shows over the years, including their last show at Soldier Field in 1995, mainly in the Midwest. Places like Buckeye Lake and Richfield Coliseum in Cleveland, Alpine Valley in Wisconsin, Deer Creek in Indiana and Chrysler Arena in Ann Arbor. My highlights though were three at Red Rocks in Colorado (8/11-8/12-8/13) in 1987 and three (10/2-10/3-10/4) at Mountain View California, also in 1987.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 51 min Gville Jim 40,226
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald 1 hr Gville Jim 5
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... 22 hr HillJack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Mon Robert walker 1,100
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Banned 2,684
News Pay your utility bills or lose service (Dec '08) Aug 19 Shimake 160
Days of Yore Aug 18 Gville Jim 2

Hudsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudsonville Mortgages