College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#308 Dec 1, 2013
Yeah, Johnny Football look's like something is wrong with him, the last coupla games....he should'nt be close to another Heismann....I actually saw a bit of the Buffalo game, they were holding Oliver in check.....i thought the Auburn win was a great game....USC-Michigan might be a great match in a minor bowl game....i actually saw some of the Fresno-San Jose game...we must be nuts.....lol....Is Pillini's brother the coach, here at local Florida Atlantic, that resigned after being caught smoking crack?.....My best game, has to be Bronco's at Chiefs......Dog : Giants-Redskins.....2 teams going downhill......Actually though, i am really stoked about Saints-Seahawks, Monday night.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#309 Dec 1, 2013
Carl Pellini is Bo's older brother...judgement is a family trait...We definitely are nuts....Our wife's must be saints...My wife has gone to dozens of games...She usually fall to sleep in her recliner while i watch every game that ESPN has to show me...I saw my first game in 1968 at Rotary field a stadium with wooden bleachers...
Bowling Green is a very good defensive team...The TD the Oliver scored on them was the first they had given up in Nov....
The Buffalo News speculated that the Pinstripe bowl , played in Yankee Stadium is interested in a Buffalo v. Syracuse match up...cool...
Buffalo is crawling with Syracuse alumni...
my partners both are Syracuse grads...

Location hidden

#310 Dec 2, 2013
Yeah, that was an awful good job to lose for Pellini...Boca Raton is beautiful and Schnellinberger had just built them a new stadium....poor judgement is right......Buffalo-Syracuse or Penn State would be good regional matchups......Well, i can't remember many better College/Pro football weekends.....with the MNF game tonight, to still come.....Did you see the refs screw up the downs at the end of the Giants-Redskins game?....Redzone does'nt really help on the good game/bad game comprehension....lol....Checko ut Gruden's interview with Pete Carroll on Sportcenter....They are both really excited about Russell Wilson.....My wife has finally gotten partially into football, just enough to yell at the wrong time, or if anyone sacks Peyton....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#311 Dec 2, 2013
It is nice when the wife takes some intrest...When it isn't Buffalo she chooses sides based on uniforms...
It won't be Penn State they still have a no-bowl sanction...Pittsburg or Maryland could be an alternative to Syracuse....Too bad Rutgers isn't qualified....
I nodded out at halftime of N.Y. Giants v. Washington so I missed the refs error...The worst i had seen was this yr Buffalo v. E. Michigan..The QB throws the ball away because Mack is bearing down on him...The Qb was at the 4 yard line and got called for grounding in the end zone...Ref thought the 5 was the goal line...Never mind the fact that the end zone is blue..the field is green...Can't review the spot of a foul mistake stands as called....
As far as our picks...Buffalo v. Atlanta was was fun in a playground kind of way...big plays and big mistakes all over te place ..overtime...I think my pick was the winner there.. but j'ville v. Cleveland was not the dog...nor was Giants v. Redskins...
So i take this week 1 1\2 - 1\2 and i think wewoulld be tied at 3?
Gruden is fun when he is excited...I get the feeling that he was a great coach to lay for

Location hidden

#312 Dec 2, 2013
My wife chooses based on if she likes the QB....she loves Drew Brees and Peyton Manning.....She is on vacation this week, and just finished a rack of babybacks on the grill....she actually had me teach her how to do babyback ribs and chicken on the charcoal grill....messiest things to grill....sometimes you just get lucky...lol....I still get pissed, thinking about how the NCAA overreacted to Sanduskey....even punishing these kids on bowl games, f*cking incredible......You're probably correct about the picks, as my redzone fascination, screws up my judgement on specific games.....BTW, Cutler is on his last contract year...Wonder if Tressman is considering signing McGown longterm and letting Cutler walk?.....To me, Jay Cutler is that mirage in the desert....lol....He is that ghost of Christmas's that could be......
Trayvon

Holland, MI

#313 Dec 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, Johnny Football look's like something is wrong with him, the last coupla games....he should'nt be close to another Heismann....I actually saw a bit of the Buffalo game, they were holding Oliver in check.....i thought the Auburn win was a great game....USC-Michigan might be a great match in a minor bowl game....i actually saw some of the Fresno-San Jose game...we must be nuts.....lol....Is Pillini's brother the coach, here at local Florida Atlantic, that resigned after being caught smoking crack?.....My best game, has to be Bronco's at Chiefs......Dog : Giants-Redskins.....2 teams going downhill......Actually though, i am really stoked about Saints-Seahawks, Monday night.....
"Johnny Football" appears to be illiterate

Location hidden

#314 Dec 2, 2013
Johnny Football's numbers are actually better, this year....but A&M's defense sucks.....I think the headcoach is also overrated....
Anonymous

Orlando, FL

#315 Dec 2, 2013
The northern cats on this thread dont know shit about the dirty dirty south because they probably listen to the TV and judge the south because of it.Thats why yall cant have a educated arguement about football.Stick to basketball.Because football is king in the south especialy in Fla.7 of the last teams that went to the National championship was from the south.Oh and how did Notre Dame do last year?Another ASS whooping from a team from down south.
Anonymous

Orlando, FL

#316 Dec 2, 2013
The northern region sucks when it comes to high school football.This is why the South Eastern college teams are so strong.Most high schools in the south play in front of huge crowds on Friday nights.Football is a religion in the south.Miami Booker T Washington is the top team in the Country why dosnt the northern teams try and recruit any of these kids? http://youtube.com/watch...

Buffalo, NY

#317 Dec 2, 2013
Jay Cutler is in the same class of QB that have killed the Bills after the retirement of Jim Kelly...Cutler reminds me most of Rob Johnson...Good arm ...Low "want to" level...
McGown? as a franchise player?...naw...the Bears might be interested in Johnny Football or better yet Teddy Bridgewater
The wife has her favorites besides Buffalo ..Arkansas & LSU... but she doesn't pay any attention to the pros so players wise she only knows the Bulls.
Looking forward to tonights game as well...Wilson is a great player
We will have to refine our best and worst Football game of the week...Now both best and worst are judgement calls...
You gotta feel bad for the kids when the school gets sanctioned because of a coach.
Worst yet when that coach moves on to a new school

Buffalo, NY

#318 Dec 2, 2013
Trayvon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Johnny Football" appears to be illiterate
Pure trailer-park....

Location hidden

#319 Dec 3, 2013
Kinda felt sorry for Coach Ogeron, when they announced the hire at USC....Hope he gets a decent offer somewhere, and succeeds.....Seattle at home is just too much for anyone...and if they have homefield in the NFC, they are going to the Superbowl....Being a Bears fan, other than 1986....is like a neverending, "Maybe Next Year" scenario....like the Cubs, but not as bad...lol...in fact most sports fans are in the same boat.....We went to Seattle on vacation, years ago...it was one of my best vacations, and i have been around the world.....we went to Vancouver and Victoria, B.C. and just loved it.....every fifth car is a Subaru....they had a small dealership that was only VW Beetles.....they have Mom and Pop Coffee places on every other corner.....it was before 9/11, because we brought back 2 huge stained glass windows on Continental Airlines...lol...Today, we are on safari for the wife's new laptop, that Santa is buying.....

Location hidden

#320 Dec 3, 2013
BTW, Cutler is a refined version of Jeff George...Killer arm with questionable intelligence or desire.....Jeff George was that illusion, too....

Buffalo, NY

#321 Dec 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
BTW, Cutler is a refined version of Jeff George...Killer arm with questionable intelligence or desire.....Jeff George was that illusion, too....
We were never burdened by jeff george...Rob Johnson is the equivalent Buffalo Bill...We had Doug flutie fresh from the CFL. Johnson came in by way of trade with Jax'ville...When Flutie out played johnson in the preseason by an embarassing margin you knew it was bad...so Flutie ends up leading the team to the playoffs...Then Wade Phillips the coach we were burdened with... benches Flutie the day after he clinches us the playoff spot...hands the job to Johnson...We lose to Tennessee...Johnson's losses became ever more embarassing untill we took a hugh $$$ hit dumping him. By then Wade Phillips and Doug Flutie where memories and so were the playoffs...
At least the bears have made the playoffs since then...
Both our teams need the same Quarterback, a guy with a cannon for an arm to deal with the wind...Tough enough to deal with the cold...Leader enough to overcome the Patriots ( or Packers).... jim Kelly was as close to perfect for both teams. Other than Daryl Lamonica , Kelly was the only guy I have seen throw well in to the wind here.

Location hidden

#322 Dec 3, 2013
Was that the same, Brad Johnson that won the Super Bowl with Tampa?....I did'nt bring up Jeff George, in conjunction with the Bills...it is just that he is always the example of a guy with the most tools, and the worst head....it's said, he could'nt even read the playbook.....My point was also, that this backup Bear Qb,...McGown....may be a better option, than resigning an inconsistant Cutler?.....When i think of Jeff George, the Colts actually come to mind first.....

Buffalo, NY

#323 Dec 3, 2013
Rob Johnson never started anywhere after he left Buffalo...although he may have played in Tama...I am sure he was a back up...He may have won a Super Bowl as Mannings back up with the Giants...
My point was that I know what you mean...Rob Johnson had a million dollar arm...his heart and his brain may have amounted to a half a buck in pennies ...It is ironic that Doug Flutie a guy with out the physical tools but who had a lot of heart and brains....would be able to take both Buffalo and San Diego to the playoffs
When I think of George it was him as a Raider...he seemed at time to just quit...
My thought for the Bears is to let Cutler go...If you draft Teddy Bridgewater or A.J. McCarron you might be OK....I would pass on Johnny Football...But the thought of hm as Bears QB makes me think of McMahon...Maybe sign a more experenced guy or McGown if you think he is capable...

Location hidden

#324 Dec 4, 2013
I was getting my Johnson's mixed up....lol....I'd rather see the Bears get a QB more like the kid at Northern Illinois......I never understood how Brian Greise never worked out? Won a National Championship at Michigan, Tom Brady was his backup...geez....Dad's in the Hall.....i know he was a backup for years , but i only saw him with the Dolphins, who could'nt protect him.....even Chad Henne is finally starting to show in Jax......Question of the Day...What will Tomlin's fine be?

Buffalo, NY

#325 Dec 4, 2013
Tomlin maybe $10 K ...guessing they wont do anything too dramatic.
Didn't Brian Griese start for Denver , they went to the playoffs with him...Also was a part time starter in Chicago for a year unless i'm confused. So he worked out to be a pretty good pro QB, not a great one , unlike the Mannings the son can't out do dad..
The Sims can't either.
If you take Jordan Lynch and use him the way that Norther Ill. uses him you must have a capable back up...Pro QB's who run a lot get hurt ...Lynch is a Tebow with a better arm...I think Bridgewater, McCarron and the Brat from A&M are the pro QB's Lynch might be had with a later round pick...But he would be popular in Chicago
The Buffalo News front page of the sports section...Sabers on a pace to be the worst NHL team in scoring in 73 years...and on a pace to equal the worst record, since the first expansion from 6 to 12 teams in the mid 1960's

Location hidden

#326 Dec 4, 2013
Tomlin's fine is announced at $100K....just imagine, even someone like Tomlin still has a bit of thug in him.....lol....Yeah, i just never understood why the Dolphins did'nt protect Griese better, that's all....He is a good announcer, as he does the Hurricanes games down here.....His Dad does the Dolphins exhibition games on a local channel....Jordan Lynch might be good for Chip Kelly at the Eagles....Their fast-paced offense will need 3-4 Qb's....cause one will always be injured.....Sorry about your Sabers....What did you think of Russell Wilson, on MNF?....

Buffalo, NY

#327 Dec 4, 2013
russell Wilson is a great player when Seattle drafted him I tough they had stretched, Wisconcin only produces Offensive Linemen, right?.........but he is the real deal.
I have always Liked Bob Griese on Collage telecasts...I also like Kirk Herbstriet....
My wife loves Lou Holtz, he is a funny man...She also likes Lee Corso.
Tomlin got 10x the fine that I thought he would get, i didn't thin that they would make him pay anything more than a nominal fine...Did Ray Lewis offer to pay half?...He should because Tomlin may not have a job next season.
The Sabres slide down to rock bottom wasn't sudden... it was a slow motion car wreck...The team is THAT bad and they have a waiting list for season tickets.. There was some rediculous renewal rate ..like 98%..Great fans

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Trump is running for prez 12 hr Gville Jim 6
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 15 hr JOJO 1,079
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Mon DR X 29
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jul 25 T-Man 2,668
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Jul 22 Idea Maker 11
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1
News Woman hospitalized after wild high-speed chase ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Hudsonville 1

Hudsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudsonville Mortgages