Allegations surround man who killed himself

Donald Bentley killed himself May 21. But the Ottawa County Sheriff's Department is looking into his past involving allegations of sexual assaulting children. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Angel Eyes

Allendale, MI

#45 Jun 2, 2008
golden girl wrote:
Reality Check- I think you are right. I believe the other person's name is John Bentley. Does anyone know if the two are/were brothers?
Yep, they sure are/were.... Donny's the oldest, then John Mark and there's another boy too but he was alot younger and I don't remember his name.
Angel Eyes

Allendale, MI

#46 Jun 2, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and he's currently incarcerated in prison for his crime. He was a Boy Scout leader.
He also was a coach to a little league team or one of those teams like that.... maybe it was SKRA..... I do know he was a coach and worked with younger kids.
MChamberlain

Kalamazoo, MI

#47 Jun 2, 2008
I don't see anything in the report where he was arrested or convicted. Of course the investigation should continue. If he didn't do this and someone else did, that person would still be out there.
Anonymous

Greenville, MI

#48 Jun 3, 2008
Angel Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
His family wasn't abusive.... they used to live across the street from me so I saw the boys often. It's a shame that 2 of the boys ended up like this.... what a heartbreak!
Funny you say this...because I've been seen the Mother interact with her sons...and she's a little more affectionate than a Mother really should be with her sons. Especially the way she kisses them and holds their hands!
JustMe

Muskegon, MI

#49 Jun 5, 2008
I knew him. Real swell fella. I liked him. I'm not afraid to admit it. i'm sorry this happened - it's obvious that he was abused. For those of you with glad he did it remarks - Next time you are in a public place remember the statistic - 1 in 10 men is a sex offender and this statistic is NOT related to a race or color of man. Typical offenders were also victims. the cycle starts and it continues.

FOr the person who blamed it on his mother:
I hold hands with my son(s)-- doesn't mean i abuse(d) them.

For AngelEyes: You can't tell by lifestyle and just because they lived across the street and there were no other signs doesn't mean nothing happend. This type of abuse is silent and the scars are purely emotional.

1 in 10 men = sex offender --- who is it in YOUR family.
Anonymous

Hudsonville, MI

#50 Jun 8, 2008
Child sexual abuse is a serious, growing problem in our society. I'd like to recommend a brochure that every parent, grandparent, and educator should read to help prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. You can find it here:
http://www.darkness2light.org/docs/Final7step...
killerbee

Grand Rapids, MI

#51 Nov 18, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and he's currently incarcerated in prison for his crime. He was a Boy Scout leader.
He was a coach and an umpire for SKRA little league in the early to mid 90's.
Everyone called him chipmunk. He was taking young boys into the storage shed where they would keep the supplies and doing things to the boys on his team. I remember we won the championship that year because his team played poorly in the playoff games even though they were the #1 team to beat. The molestation allegations came out shortly after. http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.ph...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 46 min Mr Wiggley 60
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 1,485
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 7 hr Julie 975
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 14 hr SLY WEST 24
most ludicrious car commercial Sun bobolinq 1
happy wife . . . Sun bobolinq 1
sony balony Sat Idea Maker 6
Hudsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hudsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudsonville