Allegations surround man who killed h...

Allegations surround man who killed himself

There are 47 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from May 30, 2008, titled Allegations surround man who killed himself. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Donald Bentley killed himself May 21. But the Ottawa County Sheriff's Department is looking into his past involving allegations of sexual assaulting children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Rogue Jew

Cincinnati, OH

#1 May 30, 2008
Now that's doing something to help prevent overcrowding in the prison system...Granholm will probably give him a medal!
Glad to hear it

Caledonia, MI

#2 May 30, 2008
I am glad he ended his life. He is going to rot in hell for what he did to that kid now. And what a favor he did for the state of michigan. Now none of us have to pay for his defense and to house him council him feed him educate him etc. Even if found guilty he would of been out with a slap on the wrist hurting another child. Our laws against child predators and to protect children in this country are ridiculous.
idunno

Detroit, MI

#3 May 30, 2008
The Rogue Jew wrote:
Now that's doing something to help prevent overcrowding in the prison system...Granholm will probably give him a medal!
i'll BET every conversation you have with someone YOU drag GRANHOLM in it.
GET A LIFE>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>LOSER.

ALL you outher PERVS SHOULD TAKE NOTES and DO THE RIGHT THING.
Cheex

Dorr, MI

#4 May 30, 2008
Glad to hear it wrote:
I am glad he ended his life. He is going to rot in hell for what he did to that kid now. And what a favor he did for the state of michigan. Now none of us have to pay for his defense and to house him council him feed him educate him etc. Even if found guilty he would of been out with a slap on the wrist hurting another child. Our laws against child predators and to protect children in this country are ridiculous.
Only God can know exactly what happened. If he did indeed sexually assault children, of course that's very wrong. But who are you to judge? That's up to God.
NO WAY

Wyoming, MI

#5 May 30, 2008
What is the point and investigating now...He's dead.
Edd

Battle Creek, MI

#6 May 30, 2008
The Rogue Jew wrote:
Everything's Granholm's fault always, come on get over it!!
bunny hunter

Coopersville, MI

#8 May 30, 2008
I'm glad this pedophile killed himself! To bad he wasted so much oxygen before he grew the kahoneys to do it!
iseeu

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 May 30, 2008
follow his move granholm wrote:
<quoted text> she needs to do the same thing he did. It will be better for us all.
Ignorant loser.
Laurie

Traverse City, MI

#10 May 30, 2008
NO WAY wrote:
maybe to get counseling for the kids involved???

Since: Aug 07

white cloud

#11 May 30, 2008
What does it matter now? yeah the kids need counseling but they should have been getting it any way. The man was a coward he should have had to stand like the slim he was and stand trial and rot in prison. At least these kids wont have to relive it in a court room!
Connie NE Grand Rapids

United States

#12 May 30, 2008
Things happen for a reason. I hope the investigation continues for the kids involved. FYI Granholm need to go!
SO SICK OF CRIMINALS

Ann Arbor, MI

#13 May 30, 2008
attention criminals:
please follow this guy's lead...we could use a good "thinning of the herd"
Reality Check

Plymouth, MI

#15 May 30, 2008
Wasn't their another member of the Bentley family who faced multiple allegations or sexual abuse years ago. As I recall, that person worked with children or youth in some sort of coaching capacity.
Future Results

Harbor Beach, MI

#16 May 30, 2008
white cloud mi wrote:
What does it matter now? yeah the kids need counseling but they should have been getting it any way. The man was a coward he should have had to stand like the slim he was and stand trial and rot in prison. At least these kids wont have to relive it in a court room!
The pedophile probably has numerous victims who have not yet been identified. By investigating, they can be found and treated, so they can hopefully overcome the trauma and lead a relatively normal life. Otherwise kids who are abused this way are at great risk of becoming abusers when they get older, because they act out what happened to them on another innocent kid. It's a really hateful business, isn't it? Even other criminals have contempt for people who prey on children.
golden girl

Bad Axe, MI

#17 May 30, 2008
Reality Check- I think you are right. I believe the other person's name is John Bentley. Does anyone know if the two are/were brothers?
Anonymous

Greenville, MI

#18 May 30, 2008
Reality Check wrote:
Wasn't their another member of the Bentley family who faced multiple allegations or sexual abuse years ago. As I recall, that person worked with children or youth in some sort of coaching capacity.
Yes, and he's currently incarcerated in prison for his crime. He was a Boy Scout leader.
Anonymous

Greenville, MI

#19 May 30, 2008
golden girl wrote:
Reality Check- I think you are right. I believe the other person's name is John Bentley. Does anyone know if the two are/were brothers?
Yes, they were brothers.
Anonymous

Greenville, MI

#20 May 30, 2008
NO WAY wrote:
Anyone who was involved needs counseling of some sort. Not only the victims, but the Bentley family definitely needs counseling. It's terribly sad when you see a family that has a history of sexual molestation...then they wonder why the guy assaulted young victims...it was done to him & his brothers!
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#21 May 30, 2008
The Rogue Jew wrote:
Is there a reason you need to bring Granholm into this conversation? She has NOTHING to do with this situation at all...grow up! As much as people are saying it's a good thing he killed himself, I think it was a cowardly thing to do. His victims deserve some sort of closure knowing he would pay for his crimes in prison. I hope they all get the counseling they will so desperately need to cope with the feelings they have. I will definitely keep his victims and also his family in my thoughts...because they are also suffering from a loss.
Its your fault

Ann Arbor, MI

#22 May 30, 2008
Edd wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything's Granholm's fault always, come on get over it!!
Yeah, even though she blames Bush for everything thats wrong with michigan, and its loss of jobs.
So what goes around comes around.
Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 10 hr Grand Rapids Girl 2,608
What's Wrong with Kasich Sat RushFan666 2
Cruz and Kasich join forces against Trump Sat RushFan666 11
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Fri Outraged 262
News Shooting suspect stole woman's car during robbe... Apr 29 Sneaky Pete 1
News Should smoking be allowed again in Michigan bar... Apr 28 RushFan666 31
Hot Sauce In Her Bag Swag! Apr 27 Idea Maker 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudsonville Mortgages