Mrs Batch

Oxford, MI

#1 Jul 20, 2014
Does anyone remember July 20, 1969? The day man stepped foot on the moon? The technology we see today is from the magnificent minds 45 years ago!

Please give thanks to Apollo 11. I give my thanks to my father-in-law who served on that mission.
pipedream

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#2 Jul 20, 2014
I remember where I was & what I was doing the moment I heard the news. I was downtown Chicago walking to work!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#3 Jul 21, 2014
Mrs Batch wrote:
Does anyone remember July 20, 1969? The day man stepped foot on the moon? The technology we see today is from the magnificent minds 45 years ago!
Please give thanks to Apollo 11. I give my thanks to my father-in-law who served on that mission.
Before my time, but we should all give thanks to your father-in-law, and everyone else who was a part of that important chapter in history.

The 60's were a tumultuous time, filled with protesting and some violence. Do any of you that were old enough recall any politicization and protesting or divisive rhetoric regarding the moon landing?

Just curious, because it seems to me every single thing that happens nowadays is divided among political parties, and there is very little that the entire country comes together on as a people. I imagine the Apollo 11 mission as one of those times.
Heraldo

Hudsonville, MI

#4 Jul 21, 2014
pipedream wrote:
I remember where I was & what I was doing the moment I heard the news. I was downtown Chicago walking to work!
Congratulations . At least you had a job.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#5 Jul 21, 2014
Heraldo wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations . At least you had a job.
Still have one, you A--hole inbred flunky. The job I like best of any other though is f'g with your pea bagger white trash simple mind.:) Its by far the easiest and most rewarding one I've ever had.
anon

Farmington, MI

#6 Jul 21, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Still have one, you A--hole inbred flunky. The job I like best of any other though is f'g with your pea bagger white trash simple mind.:) Its by far the easiest and most rewarding one I've ever had.
pipedream:

Your anger is really out of control.
anon

Farmington, MI

#7 Jul 21, 2014
Mrs Batch wrote:
Ahhhhh! I watched the moon landing. Wonderful! Stunning! Something I will never forget. At that time, I was 15-years-old.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#8 Jul 22, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Volunteer coward on a topix chat site - most rewarding "job" the social misfit has had.
Enough said.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Jul 22, 2014
It was a Sunday, late afternoon.....i fell asleep on the floor, in front of the TV, after watching most of it.....we still could'nt believe it...l

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengazi is back 13 min Gville Jim 107
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 48 min Gville Jim 57
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr intothegrv 2,306
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 4
three white guys get wacked . . . 15 hr bobolinq 1
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 15 hr Ann 126
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Wed James Minier 946
•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hudsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudsonville