Troy Brake prelim continues

The preliminary exam continues in an Ottawa County court Wednesday morning for Troy Brake, accused of killing four people in Wright Township. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Trying Hard”

Since: Oct 08

Hudsonville

#21992 Dec 3, 2009
Bk thank you. You words mean much to me. I value the online friendships that have developed on here. You in particular.

Hopeful4 thank you also!

Since: Feb 09

Grand Rapids

#21993 Dec 8, 2009
Hudsonville Friend wrote:
Regarding your much proclaimed support for the underdog, this is getting old. Do you understand that Troy is not the underdog? Troy may or may not have had problems growing up but Kent and Ottawa Counties, along with the best legal representative Troy and his family could buy, agreed that he was mentally competent to stand trial. Therefore legally sane. Like any defendant he was given every possible assistance and support in preparing his case. His case was heard and a jury of his peers determined that he was guilty of these crimes beyond a reasonable doubt. He now resides at a state run facility where he will live out the remainder of his life at taxpayer expense because that is what civilized societies do.
You want to be the voice of the underdog?
Be the voice of a young man that got up early every morning to go to work at a dairy farm and came home every night to a bedroom that still had toys in it. Whose life was tragically put to an end when shot by someone he thought was a friend.
Be the voice of another young man that had finally put some of the indiscretions of youth behind him and was for the first time daring to dream of a bright future, going to college, and in a relationship with a bright beautiful girl that believed in him. This young man was also shot and killed by a family friend, unfortunately the gunman’s aim was a little off this time and though his wounds were fatal he lived long enough to hear the screams of his girlfriend as she was brutalized and died in the fire set to cover the crime.
Be the voice of a strong tough woman. A woman that had known many hardships in life but worked harder than most people ever have to, to support her family. A woman that tended to her garden and to her children. A woman that worked in a bar because it was close to her home and family. A woman that died in her nightgown looking into the eyes of a monster that had once been a boy she helped to raise. A boy that grew up to say she was more of a mother to him than his own mother.
Finally be the voice of the scared young woman almost alone now in a house with three dead and dying people, people that had become a second family to her. People that had helped get her life back on track after the tragic loss of her father. Be her voice as she stands scared and alone while evil comes for her. Be her voice as she is raped and brutalized, as her skull is crushed, as gasoline is poured all over her and she is set on fire.
Be the voice of the true underdogs. Be the voice of Tyler Zimmer. Be the voice of Jeremy Zimmer. Be the voice of Sharm Zimmer. Be the voice of Katherine Brown. Be the voices that cried out unheard on that autumn evening. Be the voices from their graves just across the street that asked for and received justice. Then you can come on here and tell us all how you are the voice of the underdogs.
In the meantime next time you feel the need to come on here and refer to Troy as the underdog, remember these four people whose only proven crime was that they befriended Troy Brake.
Troy Brake
Murderer
Rapist
Arsonist
Tried
Convicted
Sentenced
Ward of the State of Michigan for the rest of his life.
Forwarding address for the rest of eternity: Hell
No disclaimers necessary
As always, very powerful words and very well put. You still rock!

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

#21994 Dec 8, 2009
SF;
Thank you. Words such as those that have posted (particularly from long time posters on this thread such as yourself) really mean a lot to me.

HF
BkByer

AOL

#21995 Dec 8, 2009
Congratulations toSwell Fellerand her wonderful newborn baby boy! What a beautiful Christmas present.

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

#21996 Dec 9, 2009
BkByer wrote:
Congratulations toSwell Fellerand her wonderful newborn baby boy! What a beautiful Christmas present.
I second that!

Since: Feb 09

Grand Rapids

#21997 Dec 9, 2009
BkByer wrote:
Thanks BK and HF. He is a special present to our family. Really tired though! Love those early morning feedings! Thankful to share the duties with my hubby!
Dan

Holland, MI

#21998 Jun 22, 2010
From what I understand, there has been new evidence found to prove that Troy is innocent.

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

#21999 Jun 22, 2010
That should be interesting. Any details?
To be announced

United States

#22000 Jun 23, 2010
Good one Dan, Hi HF.
Forum Reader

Grandville, MI

#22001 Sep 1, 2010
Regarding your much proclaimed support for the underdog, this is getting old. Do you understand that Troy is not the underdog? Troy may or may not have had problems growing up but Kent and Ottawa Counties, along with the best legal representative Troy and his family could buy, agreed that he was mentally competent to stand trial. Therefore legally sane. Like any defendant he was given every possible assistance and support in preparing his case. His case was heard and a jury of his peers determined that he was guilty of these crimes beyond a reasonable doubt. He now resides at a state run facility where he will live out the remainder of his life at taxpayer expense because that is what civilized societies do.
Be the voice of a young man that got up early every morning to go to work at a dairy farm and came home every night to a bedroom that still had toys in it. Whose life was tragically put to an end when shot by someone he thought was a friend.
Be the voice of another young man that had finally put some of the indiscretions of youth behind him and was for the first time daring to dream of a bright future, going to college, and in a relationship with a bright beautiful girl that believed in him. This young man was also shot and killed by a family friend, unfortunately the gunman’s aim was a little off this time and though his wounds were fatal he lived long enough to hear the screams of his girlfriend as she was brutalized and died in the fire set to cover the crime.
Be the voice of a strong tough woman. A woman that had known many hardships in life but worked harder than most people ever have to, to support her family. A woman that tended to her garden and to her children. A woman that worked in a bar because it was close to her home and family. A woman that died in her nightgown looking into the eyes of a monster that had once been a boy she helped to raise. A boy that grew up to say she was more of a mother to him than his own mother.
Finally be the voice of the scared young woman almost alone now in a house with three dead and dying people, people that had become a second family to her. People that had helped get her life back on track after the tragic loss of her father. Be her voice as she stands scared and alone while evil comes for her. Be her voice as she is raped and brutalized, as her skull is crushed, as gasoline is poured all over her and she is set on fire.
Be the voice of the true underdogs. Be the voice of Tyler Zimmer. Be the voice of Jeremy Zimmer. Be the voice of Sharm Zimmer. Be the voice of Katherine Brown. Be the voices that cried out unheard on that autumn evening. Be the voices from their graves just across the street that asked for and received justice. Then you can come on here and tell us all how you are the voice of the underdogs.
In the meantime next time you feel the need to come on here and refer to Troy as the underdog, remember these four people whose only proven crime was that they befriended Troy Brake.
Troy Brake
Murderer
Rapist
Arsonist
Tried
Convicted
Sentenced
No disclaimers necessary
Wow! Very poignant! So well written that it gave me goosebumps.

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

#22002 Oct 8, 2010
Forum Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Very poignant! So well written that it gave me goosebumps.
Thank you.
GinaDebias

Ann Arbor, MI

#22003 Nov 21, 2010
Troy Brake
Murderer
Rapist
Arsonist
Tried
Convicted
Sentenced
No disclaimers necessary
I applaud your comment,i cant tell you how much i had a tear in my eye when i read it,I send prayers to all thatwere involved in Troys brutal killings.
I am the Girl whom was involved when Troys secrets began to crumble down. I am the Girl that was shot at By Troy Brake when i made the mistake to get into his vehicle while my life was crashing down due to drugs and alcohol.I sumhow feel that in lite of the events that followed and troy being in jail just long enough to search his house and find that gun that linked him to those murders..That god Chose me and Mary Parker to be the vehicle necessary to bring Troy to Justice.For that i am greatful..today Clean and Sober also!God is brilliant,Troy brought to Justice, pricless!

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

#22004 Nov 22, 2010
GinaDebias wrote:
<quoted text>
I applaud your comment,i cant tell you how much i had a tear in my eye when i read it,I send prayers to all thatwere involved in Troys brutal killings.
I am the Girl whom was involved when Troys secrets began to crumble down. I am the Girl that was shot at By Troy Brake when i made the mistake to get into his vehicle while my life was crashing down due to drugs and alcohol.I sumhow feel that in lite of the events that followed and troy being in jail just long enough to search his house and find that gun that linked him to those murders..That god Chose me and Mary Parker to be the vehicle necessary to bring Troy to Justice.For that i am greatful..today Clean and Sober also!God is brilliant,Troy brought to Justice, pricless!
Gina;
thank you for your comments. I applaude the strength it takes to deal with life as you know it. I hope that this new life you are building brings you the peace you require. Best of luck in the future.

HF
Concerned resident

AOL

#22005 Nov 23, 2010
I hope everyone has a very Blessed Thanksgiving. Be thankful for all the things that God has given us!
BkByer

AOL

#22006 Nov 24, 2010
Appeal denied! 11/24/2010.

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

#22007 Nov 24, 2010
BkByer wrote:
Appeal denied! 11/24/2010.
outstanding news. Let the healing continue. I hope you are well Bk. Have a blessed holiday.
BkByer

AOL

#22008 Nov 24, 2010
HF- Yes, it is good news , although not surprising.
Still, one never knows. I am well, hope you are too. Best wishes for the holiday season.

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

#22009 Nov 24, 2010
No not surprising. I hope that Twiggy has found some kind of peace, though I know that will be hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holder is stepping down 1 hr Oneal 9
Obama attends only 41.2% of his intelligence br... 2 hr Oneal 4
Bengazi is back 8 hr kookierecluse 155
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 9 hr Yolanda 105
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? 9 hr Gville Jim 6
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 19 hr Go Blue Forever 1,396
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) Mon shutthefuckup 676
Hudsonville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Hudsonville Jobs

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hudsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudsonville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]