Troy Brake prelim continues

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

The preliminary exam continues in an Ottawa County court Wednesday morning for Troy Brake, accused of killing four people in Wright Township.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

What happened to all the other comments about Troy. Was that thread removed and this is a new one, or is this simply a new one all together?
To be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Judged:

Wow someone has way too much time on their hands. Also made some interesting assumptions.
Pole Smoker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Give it a rest already! Troy is innocent and you all know it!
Heres one for you granny

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

hers another one for you..
Heres one for you granny

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

hello Granny Smith
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Heres one for you granny wrote:
hello Granny Smith
Hello, who ever you are.
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

my theory wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not his exwife. Has it ever accored to you that the reason that Troys father has been to the court hearings is for show and to make things look good for himself? How do you know that Troy wants his dad in his life...If I were in Troys position I would want as many people there at my hearings as possible to make it look good to the viewers. The only thing that I know about Troys dad is what I have read on here as well as what I have read about Twiggy and what she has said which I have said that she has said about her family that shouldnt have been said. You say that Troys dad is standing behind his son, dont you think that Troys mom is doing the same. Didnt she come on here and say that she has bipolar as well as chronic kidney failure? Those are 2 very serious illnesses. If she was not at the OC trial and the bipolar is flairing up to the point that she cant be there emotionally because of how it will effect her that doesnt mean that she doesnt stand by him? Use some commen sense when you think of this stuff. I am not a family member or close friend as I have stated. I am just someone who thinks that Troy is innocent.
Troys exwife wants nothing to do with his side of the family, and i cant blame her. She is doing the best she can to raise her childred to try and for get there father. Good luck Michelle, I hope help the best for you and your kids.
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Troy, YOur family loves you.
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Has Bob Zimmer gone to see Troy Brake Yet?
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

There must be 2 Granny Smiths, one says sparta and one says rockford for the ISP. Who da thunk it.
hopeful4

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Granny Smith wrote:
There must be 2 Granny Smiths, one says s
parta and one says rockford for the ISP. Who da thunk it.
I wonder why he wants to see him. We can only pray to give him and the family peace of mind.
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

hopeful4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why he wants to see him. We can only pray to give him and the family peace of mind.
AMEN
Interested

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

So Granny Smith, you have all along claimed that you are not Brake family. So how is it that you come on here to wish Troy happy thanksgiving and to tell him his family loves him? Do you speak for the Brakes now?
Granny Smith

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

Judged:

Interested wrote:
So Granny Smith, you have all along claimed that you are not Brake family. So how is it that you come on here to wish Troy happy thanksgiving and to tell him his family loves him? Do you speak for the Brakes now?
Do you think that just because he was convicted of this crime that his family has stopped loving him. You are unbelievable if that is what you think. I dont speak for anyone but myself and maybe for those who dont have a voice. I will stand up and speak for the underdog, no matter who that is.

“Trying Hard”

Since: Oct 08

Hudsonville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Granny Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that just because he was convicted of this crime that his family has stopped loving him. You are unbelievable if that is what you think. I dont speak for anyone but myself and maybe for those who dont have a voice. I will stand up and speak for the underdog, no matter who that is.
No Granny I don't think that "Interested" was saying that at all. I think the point of the post was you claim to not be related yet you post as if you are? As I say I accept you at your word but are you purposely trying to confuse the issue. I know this, you are either Brake family or not, it really doesn't matter to me, but when you come on here and the only point of your post was to say "Happy Thanksgiving Troy, your family loves you" it does raise doubt, do you see that? I agree I imagine Troy's family does love him, but I don't know that for a fact, and it certainly would be my place to post as such on a public forum. For all I know based on the public level of dysfunction displayed by the Brake family before, during and after the trial, they don't love him but rather hate him for what he is putting them through. The fact is I'm not Brake family and for me to come on here and say something like "your family hates you" would be pure speculation on my part, as well as hurtful and misleading. Do you get that?

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Regarding your much proclaimed support for the underdog, this is getting old. Do you understand that Troy is not the underdog? Troy may or may not have had problems growing up but Kent and Ottawa Counties, along with the best legal representative Troy and his family could buy, agreed that he was mentally competent to stand trial. Therefore legally sane. Like any defendant he was given every possible assistance and support in preparing his case. His case was heard and a jury of his peers determined that he was guilty of these crimes beyond a reasonable doubt. He now resides at a state run facility where he will live out the remainder of his life at taxpayer expense because that is what civilized societies do.

You want to be the voice of the underdog?

Be the voice of a young man that got up early every morning to go to work at a dairy farm and came home every night to a bedroom that still had toys in it. Whose life was tragically put to an end when shot by someone he thought was a friend.

Be the voice of another young man that had finally put some of the indiscretions of youth behind him and was for the first time daring to dream of a bright future, going to college, and in a relationship with a bright beautiful girl that believed in him. This young man was also shot and killed by a family friend, unfortunately the gunman’s aim was a little off this time and though his wounds were fatal he lived long enough to hear the screams of his girlfriend as she was brutalized and died in the fire set to cover the crime.

Be the voice of a strong tough woman. A woman that had known many hardships in life but worked harder than most people ever have to, to support her family. A woman that tended to her garden and to her children. A woman that worked in a bar because it was close to her home and family. A woman that died in her nightgown looking into the eyes of a monster that had once been a boy she helped to raise. A boy that grew up to say she was more of a mother to him than his own mother.

Finally be the voice of the scared young woman almost alone now in a house with three dead and dying people, people that had become a second family to her. People that had helped get her life back on track after the tragic loss of her father. Be her voice as she stands scared and alone while evil comes for her. Be her voice as she is raped and brutalized, as her skull is crushed, as gasoline is poured all over her and she is set on fire.

Be the voice of the true underdogs. Be the voice of Tyler Zimmer. Be the voice of Jeremy Zimmer. Be the voice of Sharm Zimmer. Be the voice of Katherine Brown. Be the voices that cried out unheard on that autumn evening. Be the voices from their graves just across the street that asked for and received justice. Then you can come on here and tell us all how you are the voice of the underdogs.

In the meantime next time you feel the need to come on here and refer to Troy as the underdog, remember these four people whose only proven crime was that they befriended Troy Brake.

Troy Brake
Murderer
Rapist
Arsonist
Tried
Convicted
Sentenced
Ward of the State of Michigan for the rest of his life.
Forwarding address for the rest of eternity: Hell

No disclaimers necessary
To be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Hudsonville Friend wrote:
Regarding your much proclaimed support for the underdog, this is getting old. Do you understand that Troy is not the underdog? Troy may or may not have had problems growing up but Kent and Ottawa Counties, along with the best legal representative Troy and his family could buy, agreed that he was mentally competent to stand trial. Therefore legally sane. Like any defendant he was given every possible assistance and support in preparing his case. His case was heard and a jury of his peers determined that he was guilty of these crimes beyond a reasonable doubt. He now resides at a state run facility where he will live out the remainder of his life at taxpayer expense because that is what civilized societies do.
Be the voice of a young man that got up early every morning to go to work at a dairy farm and came home every night to a bedroom that still had toys in it. Whose life was tragically put to an end when shot by someone he thought was a friend.
Be the voice of another young man that had finally put some of the indiscretions of youth behind him and was for the first time daring to dream of a bright future, going to college, and in a relationship with a bright beautiful girl that believed in him. This young man was also shot and killed by a family friend, unfortunately the gunman’s aim was a little off this time and though his wounds were fatal he lived long enough to hear the screams of his girlfriend as she was brutalized and died in the fire set to cover the crime.
Be the voice of a strong tough woman. A woman that had known many hardships in life but worked harder than most people ever have to, to support her family. A woman that tended to her garden and to her children. A woman that worked in a bar because it was close to her home and family. A woman that died in her nightgown looking into the eyes of a monster that had once been a boy she helped to raise. A boy that grew up to say she was more of a mother to him than his own mother.
Finally be the voice of the scared young woman almost alone now in a house with three dead and dying people, people that had become a second family to her. People that had helped get her life back on track after the tragic loss of her father. Be her voice as she stands scared and alone while evil comes for her. Be her voice as she is raped and brutalized, as her skull is crushed, as gasoline is poured all over her and she is set on fire.
Be the voice of the true underdogs. Be the voice of Tyler Zimmer. Be the voice of Jeremy Zimmer. Be the voice of Sharm Zimmer. Be the voice of Katherine Brown. Be the voices that cried out unheard on that autumn evening. Be the voices from their graves just across the street that asked for and received justice. Then you can come on here and tell us all how you are the voice of the underdogs.
In the meantime next time you feel the need to come on here and refer to Troy as the underdog, remember these four people whose only proven crime was that they befriended Troy Brake.
Troy Brake
Murderer
Rapist
Arsonist
Tried
Convicted
Sentenced
No disclaimers necessary
Very powerfull stuff HF and stated the best I have heard in a long time. Thanks for posting that!

“Trying Hard”

Hudsonville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Thank you TBA your opinion means a lot to me.
BkByer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

HF, I have tears in my eyes. Your post is very moving. You have a great talent and I feel privileged to have crossed paths with you even if it is in an anonymous way. I truly believe God puts people in our lives for a reason and the reason you came on here was to spread understanding and compassion to those who so desperately need to be consoled. Thank you for being you and for sharing yourself on this forum.
hopeful4

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Hudsonville Friend wrote:
Troy Brake
Murderer
Rapist
Arsonist
Tried
Convicted
Sentenced
No disclaimers necessary
Wonderfully Said

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Ottawa County was issued at July 21 at 1:51PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hudsonville People Search